PDA

View Full Version : Slowly, I'm starting to like this team

patmoran2006
01-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Once the dust settled in regarding my dissapointment over not landing the Wolfe/Sherman tandem I coveted. I been thinking more and more and I'm starting to dig the direction this team is going in.

Marv: At first I thought this was nothing but a crazy marketing stunt in a feeble attempt to get fans excited again. But the more I pondered, I realized; I don't care how old he is, Marv is a smart man. Even if he's somewhat out of tune with today's game and the caponomics of it (Modrak will play a big part there), Marv still knows a good football player and a good role player when he sees one. He knows this city as well as any GM or coach we'd have brought in and he knows what it takes to win.

Jauron: I wanted Sherman. But the more I talked to people and did some studying, Sherman had plenty of flaws. From poor draft choices during his GM days to some shaky (according) to pack fans, game day decisions. This year was the decline of Favre and first time he had a lot of injuries, and he went 4-12. I'm not saying Sherman sucks, I still liked him. But it's not like we lost out on Parcells or Bellicheck here.

With Jauron I think it's what you see is what you get. He won't fool you. He's not going to get overly crafty on you. But from everything I've heard he gets the most out of his players. You give him some talent and he'll be a good coach. I'd like to think overall the Bills are a lot more talented than the Bears teams he led.

I like Fairchild as O.C. considering who was out there. If we land Bates or Cotrell as DC I will be a lot more excited about this team.

tat2dmike77
01-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Well there is pletny of room on the :bandwagon for ya.

To many people just got to mad about not hiring sherman. My best friend is a packers fan and he told me on more then one occasion that buffalo didn't want him. He just kept saying how he basically took over a team that holmgren already built for him. Going into bad draft choices and not signing quality FA.

DJ is getting a bad rap. I know what his record is i've seen it about 10000000 times over the past few days. But the point is while in Chicago he had little talent on the offensive side of the ball. It was his defense that carried the team. While in detroit yeah that team was sad yet again but look at detroits D they kept that team in alot of games and surprisd alot of people.

The hiring of the new OC today makes me wanna say :bravo: to DJ. Atleast he got a guy who can run an offense the rams have had good players much like the bills and always put up good offensive numbers.

The only thing left for DJ and ML to do is get some players who can help this team. ALLAH the O-line and D-line overall it's loooking good but i'm always optimistic.

:posrep:

Michael82
01-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Good post, if we can get a solid DC like Bates, I would definitely come around.

Michael82
01-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Oh and for the record, I have calmed down a bit too. :up:

ajsdx
01-25-2006, 05:20 PM
More and more Sherman reminds me of a really nice, grandfatherly-looking Wanny. Takes over a team that someone else built and rides it to the playoffs every year, but can't actually do anything with it because he's not good enough as a coach. And when things go wrong, the entire ship breaks down and he gets canned.

Too bad Jauron is not getting anybody excited except Chris Villarreal.

SpillerThrills
01-25-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm a big guy so I hope that there is enough room on the :bandwagon

RedEyE
01-25-2006, 06:40 PM
The Fairchild hire is perfect for this team, but the DC will make or break this upcoming season. We need someone that can get the Bills D back on track. The talent is their. Hopefully Marv gets the coach we greatly need.

Not until then will I project my opinion about his team.

tat2dmike77
01-25-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm a big guy so I hope that there is enough room on the :bandwagon

There is plenty of room on the :bandwagon: for ya

hammerbillsfan
01-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Hop on everybody :bandwagon

MTBillsFan
01-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Hey, Jamie Martin was QB for part of the season this year for the cRams and played decently. I think JP has much more talent than Martin.

Go Bills

Michael82
01-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Hey, Jamie Martin was QB for part of the season this year for the cRams and played decently. I think JP has much more talent than Martin.

Go Bills
Don't forget about Fitzpatrick too. :rofl:

FirstDownBills
01-25-2006, 07:30 PM
It's time to start talkin' proud folks.

T-Long
01-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Got some room for me?:bandwagon

CAbills
01-25-2006, 07:52 PM
I thought we were just going to keep Gray which I would not be opposed to doing.

feelthepain
01-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Wow.......

Philagape
01-25-2006, 07:56 PM
No o-line, no team. No run defense, no team. I'm not sold yet.

ShadowHawk7
01-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Great post. :posrep: Good logic.

Nublar7
01-25-2006, 09:12 PM
It's time to start talkin' proud folks.You are a http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6729/hosmile9lf.gif

feelthepain
01-25-2006, 09:16 PM
You are a http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6729/hosmile9lf.gif

:funny:... So true, so true!!

BillsFanInMass
01-26-2006, 01:20 AM
I dont need to hop on i never left im always optimistic when it comes to the Bills!!!!

Michael82
01-26-2006, 08:58 AM
You are a http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6729/hosmile9lf.gif
and you must have no life, because you hang around here more than your own team's board. :::

Earthquake Enyart
01-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Oh and for the record, I have calmed down a bit too. :up:
:phew:

Mr. Miyagi
01-26-2006, 09:26 AM
ALLAH the O-line and D-line overall it's loooking good but i'm always optimistic.
Wow if we could get Allah on the o-line that would be amazing. Maybe bring in Jesus as a pass-rusher and Buddha as a punt returner, we're going to the SuperBowl. Even Tedy Bruschi got nothing on us.

Don't Panic
01-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Bates would be a coup... that would instantly give us credibility. The real question is, will Fairchild get anything out of McGahee and will Levy and Mordak improve the lines? If we get good answers out of those questions then we are back in business. If not....:(

justasportsfan
01-26-2006, 09:31 AM
and you must have no life, because you hang around here more than your own team's board. :::the kid hangs around here so he can run to FH and tell them what we are talking about. Most of all, he follows me around , monitors my postsand looks for my pictures. :limp:

Saratoga Slim
01-26-2006, 09:39 AM
Wow if we could get Allah on the o-line that would be amazing. Maybe bring in Jesus as a pass-rusher and Buddha as a punt returner, we're going to the SuperBowl. Even Tedy Bruschi got nothing on us.

I'd put Buddha on the line. He strikes me as girthier than Allah. and If jesus can walk on water he'll really fly on astroturf--we could save some cap space and dump Moulds.

ublinkwescore
01-26-2006, 10:25 AM

:rofl:

Maybe Shiva as a special teams gunner?

She can Karmatically *****slap (with not one, but 6 hands) other team's punt and kick off returners...

That would be awesome.