• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicknoze69
    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
    • Jul 2002

Bates offered our Defensive Coordinator job

Lots of Bills news on John Clayton's blog:

Bills coach Dick Jauron got a later start than the Jets' Eric Mangini, but he's jumped to a significant lead in assembling his staff. Jauron beat out the Jets for former Rams offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild. The Bills made a great hire along their defensive line by getting Bill Kollar of the Rams. Those two moves show the advantage of having an established, longtime head coach vs. a young 34-year-old head coach. Jauron has a long history in the NFL and a great reputation for assistants. Mangini is a bright mind, but he doesn't have a long background of working with different coaches. It will be interesting to see how Mangini puts his staff together. Their seems to be mutual interest with the Dallas Cowboys in former Texans offensive coordinator Chris Palmer, so it will be interesting to see if Mangini can pull Palmer away from Bill Parcells.

Bates considers offer from Bills: The Bills have offered former Packers defensive coordinator Jim Bates their defensive coordinator job. He is going to take Wednesday night to think about it, but the Bills have the last defensive coordinator job available. The Texans are expected to hire Frank Bush and Richard Smith as co-defensive coordinators, and once that deal is done, the Bills are the last chance for a coach to land a defensive coordinator job. For the moment, Bates' decision is whether to take the Bills offer or sit out the season under the Packers paycheck.

It's an ESPN insider article.

God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face
Working...
X