PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Jauron off to a remarkable start

madness
01-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Bills' Jauron off to a remarkable start (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/buffalo-bills-jauron260106.php)

Despite facing an extreme amount of early criticism, thus far, Jauron has risen to compile a solid coaching staff. His first two hires are accomplished coaches that have already proven themselves at the NFL level. Certainly, experienced, proven coaches are something Bills fans haven't been used to in nearly a decade. If Jauron can next get himself a proven defensive coordinator such as Jim Bates or Ted Cottrell, the Bills could potentially have one of the best staffs in the entire NFL next season. With the Bills' recent history of coaching problems, what an odd, unexpected twist of fate that would be.

Also good tidbits about Fairchild and what he brings to the table.

LtBillsFan66
01-26-2006, 11:11 AM
I'll let you know how remarkable he is once the season starts.

FirstDownBills
01-26-2006, 11:12 AM
The Bills are makin it happen now, and this is definately frustrating the Fin fans who thought they had a killer hiring in Mooooolarkey. :rofl:

Philagape
01-26-2006, 11:27 AM
::: We don't know anything til we start playing games.

madness
01-26-2006, 11:37 AM
That's obvious in any sport, it's just good to know that the Bills brass are finally putting their chips into teachers with experience instead of potential with none. The pieces are starting to fit together. Now we just need to finish this thing and start playing like we got our act together.

Go Marv!

BAM
01-26-2006, 11:38 AM
What Madness said. I am impressed so far with this offseason. Best in years.

Mr. Miyagi
01-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah remember how we were so ready to win the SuperBowl when we brought in Jim McNally. :::

ublinkwescore
01-26-2006, 11:42 AM
I thought the general concensus here was that McNally was not on trial until he had some talent to work with?

lynobx
01-26-2006, 11:51 AM

No, but we're getting highly regarded, EXPERIENCED people, versus the EXPERIMENTS that we've had to endure for several years.

Throne Logic
01-26-2006, 11:53 AM
I not complaining about the hires, but I will say I am completely underwhelmed by them. I mean the St. Louis offense wasn't really well known for running the ball. And the D-Line coach for the (what was it, 28th ranked D in sacks?) just doesn't get me all excited.

We'll see how it all works out. I'm hoping these guys can turn things around, but recent track records are what they are.

lynobx
01-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Yeah remember how we were so ready to win the SuperBowl when we brought in Jim McNally. :::

An O line coach, no matter how good, will never single-handedly win a Super Bowl. I think of the remaining coaches, McNally, Wyche and - of course - April should be retained. They're successful, experienced NFL coaches.

Dont drink the water
01-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Fairchild has an advantage if he is smart - he can pick the brains of his QB coach Wyche and let Wyche be in the booth while he struts the sideline.

patmoran2006
01-26-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm happy with the coaching selections..

But at the end of the day, it's going to come down to what they do with the Personnel ON the field..