PDA

View Full Version : Good article regarding Jauron on WIVB TV

Dont drink the water
01-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Some said they wanted Sherman with the Bills because of his "offensive" background and his ability to mold quarterbacks. Which quarterbacks did he mold? Brett Favre was a pro-bowler and Super Bowl Champ long before Sherman arrived. He most certainly did not develop Favre. Others wanted Sherman because Sherman said he liked J.P. Losman in the 2004 Draft, and would have taken him if the Bills hadn't. I'm not sure that is ringing endorsement for Sherman, that means he evaluates talent at the same level as Tom Donahoe…..no thanks
http://www.wivb.com/global/story.asp?s=4412591&ClientType=Printable

We already have Wyche who helped with a lot more probowl QBs than Sherman. This team will concentrate on defense first (too bad Mularchy fired all of the defense coaches before Jauron had a chance to determine if he wanted to keep them) to control the ball and have the offense in sync and be able to not go three and out multiple times.

tat2dmike77
01-26-2006, 03:36 PM
You can guarantee one thing, the two ivy leaguers are certainly smarter than the previous group that was leading the way.

I will admit i was one of those that was blinded by the sherman numbers. But over the past week reading articles and seeing that jauron is a good hire makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

I'm not gonna say that Jauron will repeat what BB did in NE but who knows. With hiring of fairchild i believe that is a solid choice for the OC position avaliable with the bills.

Now DJ needs to find a suitiable replacement for the DC position. Whether it be bates or cotrell i billeve that either one of those men are a good fit for the position.

The team is looking better then what it did just a few weeks ago. Now the only other question is can the bills bring in quality FA to help fill the gaps that are needed on the team.

Dont drink the water
01-26-2006, 03:39 PM
They need a good, bright secondary coach who can get our DBs and Safeties in right position.

tat2dmike77
01-26-2006, 03:47 PM
They need a good, bright secondary coach who can get our DBs and Safeties in right position.

Very true but it didn't help last year when grey had the corners playing 10 yards off and giving receivers a coushin.

Hopefully a new DC will take care of that problem and our corners will play more physical on the recievers and jam them at the line.

Novacane
01-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Dennis Williams is a dork

Ferrygoat
01-26-2006, 05:18 PM
If i remember correctly, Dick Jauron played DB in the NFL and I think he was hired by the bills as a DB coach, I mean i think that alone will help out or DB's

Devin
01-26-2006, 05:22 PM
lol nice.

Typ0
01-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Some said they wanted Sherman with the Bills because of his "offensive" background and his ability to mold quarterbacks. Which quarterbacks did he mold? Brett Favre was a pro-bowler and Super Bowl Champ long before Sherman arrived. He most certainly did not develop Favre. Others wanted Sherman because Sherman said he liked J.P. Losman in the 2004 Draft, and would have taken him if the Bills hadn't. I'm not sure that is ringing endorsement for Sherman, that means he evaluates talent at the same level as Tom Donahoe…..no thanks
http://www.wivb.com/global/story.asp?s=4412591&ClientType=Printable

We already have Wyche who helped with a lot more probowl QBs than Sherman. This team will concentrate on defense first (too bad Mularchy fired all of the defense coaches before Jauron had a chance to determine if he wanted to keep them) to control the ball and have the offense in sync and be able to not go three and out multiple times.

on what basis do you say TD is a poor talent evaluator?

Mitchy moo
01-26-2006, 06:21 PM
on what basis do you say TD is a poor talent evaluator?

Mike Williams might be a decent start.