• Show
Clear All
  • Nublar7
    • Oct 2004

Bills Likely Won't Play On Thanksgiving

From KFFL:

Dolphins | Team may land Thanksgiving Day game

Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:17:20 -0800
    Susan Miller Degnan, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to play at Detroit against the Detroit Lions at 12:30 p.m. Thanksgiving Day 2006, although the NFL won't release its schedule until March or April.
    You can bash me for posting this because I am a Fins fan all you want, but I am sure some of you were wondering if the Bills would be on Turkey day this upcoming year. The way the schedule fell, it was going to be between the Dolphins and Bills. I guess they went with the Dolphins again. So don't make any plans to go to Detroit this Thanksgiving.

• G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills Likely Won't Play On Thanksgiving

Why not? There will be lots of orange and teal turkeys there!

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Buddy, your team is not that good! You beat a lot of bad teams and Pats team that sat their starters. Reality check!

Comment

• Nublar7
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
        Buddy, your team is not that good! You beat a lot of bad teams and Pats team that sat their starters. Reality check!
        I was posting news, not comparing teams.

Sure we beat some crappy teams during our 6 game winning streak, yet at the end of the day we still won those games. It took some time for the team to get on track, but that Browns game was a wakeup call to the enitre team. The Bills couldn't even win the easy ones. Good teams don't lose to the bad teams, and we didn't.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
          How about them Steelers.............um ya know, the team that's going to the SB not last year's, nevermind

Comment

• SabreEleven
            • Aug 2002

What if Dallas gets a AFC team like last year?

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Umm buddy....Mr Troll sir, there is still a ton of time left until the schedule is released. i could see them picking the Bills or the Dolphins still. It depends on what happens over the next couple months and what the two teams do, IMO.

Don't forget, we got their old DC and former interim HC, so that might be a reason to have the Bills/Lions game on Thanksgiving.

Comment

• Nublar7
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                What if Dallas gets a AFC team like last year?
                They won't, because the NFL goes in a cycle. One game is always AFC Vs NFC and the other game is always NFC Vs NFC.

They rotate each year who gets the AFC team. The Cowboys got the AFC team in 2003(Miami), the Lions got the AFC team in 2004(Indianapolis) and the Cowboys got the AFC team in 2005(Denver). This year is Detroit's turn to host the AFC team and the Cowboys will host another NFC team. If you look back for many years, you will see that this has been a pattern used for many years.

Since Detroit gets the AFC team this year, it has to be an AFC East team. That narrows it down to four teams. HOWEVER, we know right now that the Patriots and Jets host the Lions at home. Detroit is always the host team, so that narrows it down to the Dolphins and Bills. The Dolphins are a bigger TV draw, so that is why they chose Miami in 2006.

Comment

• Nublar7
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  Umm buddy....Mr Troll sir, there is still a ton of time left until the schedule is released. i could see them picking the Bills or the Dolphins still. It depends on what happens over the next couple months and what the two teams do, IMO.

Don't forget, we got their old DC and former interim HC, so that might be a reason to have the Bills/Lions game on Thanksgiving.
                  Over the next couple months? The schedule is released before the draft even happens, and they usually officially announce the Thanksgiving games a few weeks before that. They will not take into account what happens during FA. All they care about is TV ratings, and Miami is statistically a bigger draw.

Also, right now sources are saying Miami got the game, so Buffalo is a LONG shot at best.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

2005 Dolphins = 2004 Bills

Thus,

2006 Dolphins = 2005 Bills.

They still have no QB and their D is now older.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
                      2005 Dolphins = 2004 Bills

Thus,

2006 Dolphins = 2005 Bills.

They still have no QB and their D is now older.
                      Excellent post! I was thinking the same thing about the Dolphins when they ended like that.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                        • Mar 2004

We didn't have a QB last year, so like so many of these conversations go comparing the two teams, it sure seemed like old man Gus and ex-3rd stringer Sage, did "good enough" (no offense, but I think some may recall what Sage was able to do,) and I imagine, the QB situation MIGHT (sic) be addressed. I hope the trend of Saban getting the most out of what he has (where have I seen this trend before) continues next year when either Gus will be retained or a veteran QB is brought in and then draft a QB for the future. WHo knows what will happen, so many teams change from year to year, it's hard to predict what might happen--just because it's easy to see some similarites doesn't mean the same results will occur, it takes a smidge more to predict what may or may not happen. Coincidences people.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Nublar7
                          From KFFL:

You can bash me for posting this because I am a Fins fan all you want, but I am sure some of you were wondering if the Bills would be on Turkey day this upcoming year. The way the schedule fell, it was going to be between the Dolphins and Bills. I guess they went with the Dolphins again. So don't make any plans to go to Detroit this Thanksgiving.
                          Dream on dolphin lover.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

I've figured all along it must be Miami. It's frankly inconceivable that Buffalo would be given a high-profile national network game, especially after the season we had. Ratings are all that matter, and who outside of our market would want to watch the Bills on Thanksgiving?
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                              We didn't have a QB last year, so like so many of these conversations go comparing the two teams, it sure seemed like old man Gus and ex-3rd stringer Sage, did "good enough" (no offense, but I think some may recall what Sage was able to do,) and I imagine, the QB situation MIGHT (sic) be addressed. I hope the trend of Saban getting the most out of what he has (where have I seen this trend before) continues next year when either Gus will be retained or a veteran QB is brought in and then draft a QB for the future. WHo knows what will happen, so many teams change from year to year, it's hard to predict what might happen--just because it's easy to see some similarites doesn't mean the same results will occur, it takes a smidge more to predict what may or may not happen. Coincidences people.

And just because you want it to be different doesn't mean it will. Hate to rain on your parade!

Comment

Working...
                              X