PDA

View Full Version : Bills Likely Won't Play On Thanksgiving

Nublar7
01-26-2006, 06:16 PM
From KFFL:

Dolphins | Team may land Thanksgiving Day game

Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:17:20 -0800
Susan Miller Degnan, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins (http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl) are expected to play at Detroit against the Detroit Lions (http://www.kffl.com/team/16/nfl) at 12:30 p.m. Thanksgiving Day 2006, although the NFL (http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl) won't release its schedule until March or April.

You can bash me for posting this because I am a Fins fan all you want, but I am sure some of you were wondering if the Bills would be on Turkey day this upcoming year. The way the schedule fell, it was going to be between the Dolphins and Bills. I guess they went with the Dolphins again. So don't make any plans to go to Detroit this Thanksgiving.

G. Host
01-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Why not? There will be lots of orange and teal turkeys there!

Nighthawk
01-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Buddy, your team is not that good! You beat a lot of bad teams and Pats team that sat their starters. Reality check!

Nublar7
01-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Buddy, your team is not that good! You beat a lot of bad teams and Pats team that sat their starters. Reality check!I was posting news, not comparing teams.

Sure we beat some crappy teams during our 6 game winning streak, yet at the end of the day we still won those games. It took some time for the team to get on track, but that Browns game was a wakeup call to the enitre team. The Bills couldn't even win the easy ones. Good teams don't lose to the bad teams, and we didn't.

!Papacrunk!
01-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Buddy, your team is not that good! You beat a lot of bad teams and Pats team that sat their starters. Reality check!
How about them Steelers.............um ya know, the team that's going to the SB not last year's, nevermind

SabreEleven
01-26-2006, 06:39 PM
What if Dallas gets a AFC team like last year?

Michael82
01-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Umm buddy....Mr Troll sir, there is still a ton of time left until the schedule is released. i could see them picking the Bills or the Dolphins still. It depends on what happens over the next couple months and what the two teams do, IMO.

Don't forget, we got their old DC and former interim HC, so that might be a reason to have the Bills/Lions game on Thanksgiving.

Nublar7
01-26-2006, 06:48 PM
What if Dallas gets a AFC team like last year?They won't, because the NFL goes in a cycle. One game is always AFC Vs NFC and the other game is always NFC Vs NFC.

They rotate each year who gets the AFC team. The Cowboys got the AFC team in 2003(Miami), the Lions got the AFC team in 2004(Indianapolis) and the Cowboys got the AFC team in 2005(Denver). This year is Detroit's turn to host the AFC team and the Cowboys will host another NFC team. If you look back for many years, you will see that this has been a pattern used for many years.

Since Detroit gets the AFC team this year, it has to be an AFC East team. That narrows it down to four teams. HOWEVER, we know right now that the Patriots and Jets host the Lions at home. Detroit is always the host team, so that narrows it down to the Dolphins and Bills. The Dolphins are a bigger TV draw, so that is why they chose Miami in 2006.

Nublar7
01-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Umm buddy....Mr Troll sir, there is still a ton of time left until the schedule is released. i could see them picking the Bills or the Dolphins still. It depends on what happens over the next couple months and what the two teams do, IMO.

Don't forget, we got their old DC and former interim HC, so that might be a reason to have the Bills/Lions game on Thanksgiving.Over the next couple months? The schedule is released before the draft even happens, and they usually officially announce the Thanksgiving games a few weeks before that. They will not take into account what happens during FA. All they care about is TV ratings, and Miami is statistically a bigger draw.

Also, right now sources are saying Miami got the game, so Buffalo is a LONG shot at best.

Carlton Bailey
01-26-2006, 06:57 PM
2005 Dolphins = 2004 Bills

Thus,

2006 Dolphins = 2005 Bills.

They still have no QB and their D is now older.

Michael82
01-26-2006, 07:03 PM
2005 Dolphins = 2004 Bills

Thus,

2006 Dolphins = 2005 Bills.

They still have no QB and their D is now older.
Excellent post! I was thinking the same thing about the Dolphins when they ended like that. :snicker:

!Papacrunk!
01-26-2006, 07:09 PM
We didn't have a QB last year, so like so many of these conversations go comparing the two teams, it sure seemed like old man Gus and ex-3rd stringer Sage, did "good enough" (no offense, but I think some may recall what Sage was able to do,) and I imagine, the QB situation MIGHT (sic) be addressed. I hope the trend of Saban getting the most out of what he has (where have I seen this trend before) continues next year when either Gus will be retained or a veteran QB is brought in and then draft a QB for the future. WHo knows what will happen, so many teams change from year to year, it's hard to predict what might happen--just because it's easy to see some similarites doesn't mean the same results will occur, it takes a smidge more to predict what may or may not happen. Coincidences people.

Mitchy moo
01-26-2006, 07:23 PM
From KFFL:

You can bash me for posting this because I am a Fins fan all you want, but I am sure some of you were wondering if the Bills would be on Turkey day this upcoming year. The way the schedule fell, it was going to be between the Dolphins and Bills. I guess they went with the Dolphins again. So don't make any plans to go to Detroit this Thanksgiving.

Dream on dolphin lover.

Philagape
01-26-2006, 08:13 PM
I've figured all along it must be Miami. It's frankly inconceivable that Buffalo would be given a high-profile national network game, especially after the season we had. Ratings are all that matter, and who outside of our market would want to watch the Bills on Thanksgiving?

Nighthawk
01-26-2006, 08:20 PM
We didn't have a QB last year, so like so many of these conversations go comparing the two teams, it sure seemed like old man Gus and ex-3rd stringer Sage, did "good enough" (no offense, but I think some may recall what Sage was able to do,) and I imagine, the QB situation MIGHT (sic) be addressed. I hope the trend of Saban getting the most out of what he has (where have I seen this trend before) continues next year when either Gus will be retained or a veteran QB is brought in and then draft a QB for the future. WHo knows what will happen, so many teams change from year to year, it's hard to predict what might happen--just because it's easy to see some similarites doesn't mean the same results will occur, it takes a smidge more to predict what may or may not happen. Coincidences people.

And just because you want it to be different doesn't mean it will. Hate to rain on your parade! :rain:

lordofgun
01-26-2006, 08:20 PM
I don't even want to watch the Bills on Thanksgiving! I'd rather relax and watch the Dolphins lose to the Lions!

Novacane
01-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Just what I was gonna say log. Having a feast and watching the :limp: fins get beat by the pathetic Lions sounds like fun to me :lmao:

alohabillsfan
01-26-2006, 08:28 PM
Who the f#ck cares? :blah:

Nighthawk
01-26-2006, 08:33 PM
:bf1:
I don't even want to watch the Bills on Thanksgiving! I'd rather relax and watch the Dolphins lose to the Lions!

:bf1:

!Papacrunk!
01-26-2006, 08:45 PM
And just because you want it to be different doesn't mean it will. Hate to rain on your parade! :rain:
Gee golly, I'm just one of those slow Dolphins fan....what's your point? That vague phrase can be used for any and every conversation on this or any board. What won't be different--that they are going to stick with the same QBs and not even address the QB situation, it's one of their #1 offseason priorities.

G. Host
01-26-2006, 08:45 PM

It is like the Roman gladiator games with Dolphins being the meal!

Nublar7
01-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Dream on dolphin lover.I don't have to dream jackass. It is in the news. Dolphins are playing on Thanksgiving and the joke they call the Bills will be sitting at home.

tat2dmike77
01-26-2006, 11:43 PM
I don't have to dream jackass. It is in the news. Dolphins are playing on Thanksgiving and the joke they call the Bills will be sitting at home.

Whipeee a thanksgiving day game. Your acting like it's the freakin super bowl. Of course this will probly be the only highlight for the fins next season anyway.

LtFinFan66
01-27-2006, 02:09 AM
Buddy, your team is not that good! You beat a lot of bad teams and Pats team that sat their starters. Reality check!WTF does this have to do with playing on Thanksgiving?? That's all he said when starting the thread!

Meathead
01-27-2006, 03:08 AM
man i think its great we get to watch the crappy lions and the boring cowboys on thanksgiving every single year for the rest of our miserable lives

Historian
01-27-2006, 05:59 AM
Take the Cowpukes off Thanksgiving.

Please.

SquishDaFish
01-27-2006, 06:39 AM
Who the hell cares who plays on Turkey day! Dolfags can have that game its not a playoff game. I rather spend time with family instead of my attention being totally directed at the TV anyway. And because its in your awesome Miami papers that means its a done deal Moron?? Get a life go back to ****haven.

kgun12
01-27-2006, 06:46 AM
I'm glad the Bills don't have to play on Turkey day. Short week to prepare, long layoff after, NO THANKS! There isn't any upside to playing on that day! I'm glad the fins have to play on that day!!!

Turf
01-27-2006, 07:09 AM
Why the hell would I care if we play on Thanksgiving? I don't get it. Are we that desperate for attention?
Just win a damn championship, I don't care if we do it on Halloween or a Tuesday.

THATHURMANATOR
01-27-2006, 07:55 AM
From KFFL:

Why would we bash you for this? The Bills stunk last year.

Gunzlingr
01-27-2006, 08:06 AM
Who ***** cares who plays on Thanksgiving?

Meathead
01-27-2006, 08:31 AM
I CARE OK

SquishDaFish
01-27-2006, 08:43 AM
Wow an awesome FinFan had the balls to neg me without signing LMAO. You hurt my feelings man you really did. Im heading to my corner to cry man.

THATHURMANATOR
01-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Don't take them so seriously Bin05

SquishDaFish
01-27-2006, 09:00 AM
I was joking man. It isnt that big of a deal.

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Thanksgiving day games are becoming boring anyway. I'm so sick of seeing the cowgirls and sorry arse lions. Get some new teams in there to play the games or something.

Nublar7
01-27-2006, 11:10 AM
Why would we bash you for this? The Bills stunk last year.Well, I am a Fin fan who posted news that some Bills fans might not like. I thought some of you wondering about the game might want to know.

I was right, I got attacked. It turned into a whole "Your team sucks more" argument. Now, if I was a Bills fan, it never would have turned into that. Oh well.

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Well, I am a Fin fan who posted news that some Bills fans might not like. I thought some of you wondering about the game might want to know.

I was right, I got attacked. It turned into a whole "Your team sucks more" argument. Now, if I was a Bills fan, it never would have turned into that. Oh well.

Well uh hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm uh oh ok

I could honestly care less about the turkey day game and let me tell you why. After gorgeing myself on turkey, taters, yams, and pie. I find it hard to sit in front of the TV and stay awake so i will usually put the lions game to put me asleep since it's a blow out anyway :lmao: So in reality the bills are doing me a favor by not playing on turkey day. I get to sleep and have a full belly.

sTp Scott
01-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Well, I am a Fin fan who posted news that some Bills fans might not like. I thought some of you wondering about the game might want to know.

Well Nubs, what do you expect???? When you start a thread with the phrase "You can bash me for this" you are not exactly looking for flowers and dinner I don't think.

Mitchy moo
01-27-2006, 03:27 PM
taunting, 15 yrds