PDA

View Full Version : Something to consider

JefftheBillsfan
01-25-2003, 08:52 PM
If Spikes does get tagged, I would immediatley look at Chris Claiborne. I know you are all going to say that he plays MLB, and he did last year. But before that he played OLB I believe at WLB. He would add the speed/athleticism I think we desperatley need at WLB.

Another thing to think of...I wonder if the Raiders will cut Rice or Brown after this year. They are in deep with the cap and Porter is coming along.

...any thoughts...

Novacane
01-25-2003, 08:56 PM
Claiborne would be nice if he can play outside. The guy was all over the place in the game against us this season

ublinkwescore
01-26-2003, 01:03 AM
Isn't Claiborne with the Lions?

If so, didn't the Lions like extend someone's contract that was getting mentioned on here (I don't remember if it was Claiborne or not).

Tatonka
01-26-2003, 01:20 AM
the lions resigned Ricks.. the TE..

i have been saying claiborne would be a solid addition.. in an earlier post this evening, i was talking about the fact that he is a borderline probowler.. like spikes..

he would be a perfect addition, and this last year was his first at MLB, he played OLB in college and in the pros. much like cowart, he had too much talent to keep him on one side, so they moved him to MLB because he has such good pursuit skills... sideline to sideline.

brown and rice will both be cut after this season.

PA Season Ticket Holder
01-26-2003, 10:56 AM
I doubt Clairborne is gonna wanna switch from a MLB to an OLB. Tons more money available in the middle.

WG
01-26-2003, 11:08 AM
More fun too! :D

I'd look at Colvin and Mike Peterson from the Colts if Spikes isn't available. Peterson's breaking out and he may come a tad bit less expensively to to a lesser profile name. He would more than do what we need though.

I'm thinkin':

DT: Noble or Thornton

LB: Spikes, Colvin, or Peterson

DE: Holiday, Scioli, Douglas, or even Lance Johnstone from Minnesota if the other three are not available.

Any combination of those guys would cure what ails us. Unlike some, I like prioleau and Wire at the Ss. I'd at least like to see them left there for two straight seasons. Too much tinkering isn't good.

Signing some of those lesser publicized guys would save us some cap bucks too.