PDA

View Full Version : Sam Wyche gone......

mackey789
01-26-2006, 10:28 PM
According to channel 7 in Buffalo.....

Tatonka
01-26-2006, 10:29 PM
:rofl:

one step forward.. two steps back..

you have got to be kidding me.

G. Host
01-26-2006, 10:30 PM
That is what I heard from my mom in Buffalo. I asked her to confirm it and while she watches the Bills, she does not follow coaches and team news and such.

RedEyE
01-26-2006, 10:31 PM
What has he done for the QBs? Seriously?

G. Host
01-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Maybe he did not want to work with Fairchild?

RedEyE
01-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Fairchild has lots of experience working with QBs. Maybe they just didn't see eye to eye, parted ways.

Devin
01-26-2006, 10:33 PM
WTF man.

G. Host
01-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Wyche WAS under contract. Bills could have kept him on if they wanted to. Maybe it was JP's performance, not enough improvement?

RedEyE
I'm not disappointed.

L.A. Playa
I reported it !!!

http://www.lasvegasmercury.com/2004/MERC-Apr-29-Thu-2004/photos/guest.jpg

Devin
01-26-2006, 10:36 PM
lol

Michael82
01-26-2006, 10:38 PM
WTF!!! :mad:

Why would we let him go? He needs to stay here and develop JP! :(

Unless he asked to leave, because he was Mularkey's buddy.

!Papacrunk!
01-26-2006, 10:39 PM
I reported it !!!

Fielder? Not really Jets green, but close

L.A. Playa
01-26-2006, 10:40 PM
I reported it first !!!!!!!!!!!!

L.A. Playa
01-26-2006, 10:40 PM
John Clayton

L.A. Playa
01-26-2006, 10:42 PM
http://images.tsn.ca/images/av/20050421/clayton-s_83440.jpg
http://www2.visalia.k12.ca.us/greenacres/ga_webpages/staff/images/wpe14.gif

Kerr
01-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Fairchild can coach qb's if he has to. I guess Wyche became useless, especially since Losman hardly showed any improvement under his wing.

Michael82
01-26-2006, 10:50 PM
If McNally is let go, I will become really pissed. :mad:

L.A. Playa
01-26-2006, 10:51 PM
why ?? not like he has done much with the OL ???

BillsFanInMass
01-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Usually when you get a new head coach all the old staff goes im not surprised at all buy this.

lordofgun
01-26-2006, 11:07 PM
No biggie.

Michael82
01-26-2006, 11:15 PM
You can't turn chicken **** into Chicken salad. :::

Crisis
01-26-2006, 11:20 PM
McNally has done nothing with the OL.

I don't see enough to warrant him staying.

Ferrygoat
01-26-2006, 11:38 PM
He really had alot to work with too.....

G. Host
01-26-2006, 11:41 PM
You can't turn chicken **** into Chicken salad. :::Yeah but Wyche was QB coach and same rule applied and he had almost as to work with as McNally.

Ferrygoat
01-26-2006, 11:43 PM
You cant polish a turd

tat2dmike77
01-26-2006, 11:44 PM
No big loss anyway.

lordofgun
01-26-2006, 11:59 PM
The Giants offensive line has improved immensely without McNally.

Michael82
01-27-2006, 12:15 AM
Yeah but Wyche was QB coach and same rule applied and he had almost as to work with as McNally.
i think that Wyche left on his own, because he was only here because he's Mularkey's buddy.

G. Host
01-27-2006, 12:18 AM
i think that Wyche left on his own, because he was only here because he's Mularkey's buddy.

He can leave but he can not take employment without permission. Mularchy was allowed to go elsewhere.

TacklingDummy
01-27-2006, 12:44 AM
What has he done for the QBs? Seriously?

JP is a coach killer.

JP got Donahoe, Mularkey, Sam, all fired.

lynobx
01-27-2006, 01:35 AM
JP is a coach killer.

JP got Donahoe, Mularkey, Sam, all fired.

Yeah, they were all perfect except for JP.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-27-2006, 02:36 AM
The Giants offensive line has improved immensely without McNally.

McNally's last year with the Giants his offensive line was so ravaged by injuries that they were starting guys who were picked up off of the streets in the middle of the season. Two of their current starters, David Diehl and Luke Pettigout were injured, Rich Seubert, a starter then and back-up now, was lost for the entire season, and Jason Whittle, a current back-up, also was hurt for part of that season. All of those guys were finally healthy enough to play this season--although Seubert still was recovering from his injury.

Additionally, they've also added Shaun O'Hara and Kareem McKenzie, who started for Cleveland and the Jets respectively before joining the Giants, and drafted Chris Snee, a second rounder, since McNally left. That's a substantial infusion of talent on the offensive line over what McNally had to work with his last season in NY. Even so, the Giants' offensive line struggled (K.Warner and E.Manning were constantly under pressure) until this season when they were able to add McKenzie and move Pettigout to left tackle again.

Diehl, Seubert and Whittle were all free agent pick ups that McNally developed, who played well when healthy, at a point in time when the Giants were more reluctant to draft offensive linemen than T.Donahoe was. So was Chris Bober. Pettigout and Mike Rosenthal, who starts for the Vikings, were the only high draft picks that the Giants gave McNally to work with when he was in NY. Hatch, a mid-round project out of New Hampshire, got hurt and never was healthy enough to develop before McNally left the Giants.

Now, I'm not saying that McNally is perfect or indispensible as a coach. His offensive lines generally start out slowly and have problems being effective in one phase of the game (either pass blocking or run blocking) for the first third of a season before they begin to get better in the phase of the game that is their weakness. It usually takes a half to two-thirds of a season before they get both phases down. As a result, injuries can really have a devastating effect on how well his lines perform because an injury can throw off the development of the whole line. The level of talent that he has had to work with may have a lot to do with that, but it is also an indication of the fact that the system that he uses can be fragile and is easily upset. Still, he does seem to have a knack for turning less talented offensive line prospects into competent players.

While there is some justification in criticizing the job that McNally did with the Bills last season, one should also take into consideration the fact that he has turned Jason Peters into a decent starter at RT, Mike Gandy did play better than most observers expected him to play at LT, and, last season before he was hurt and regressed this season, McNally did get Mike Williams to play better than he has played at any time since the Bills drafted him.

There is no doubt that the Bills' offensive line wasn't very good this season and needs a serious infusion of talent in this off-season, but most of the reasons for their poor performance lay in areas other than with the coaching. While I wouldn't give McNally a high grade for his coaching this past season, wouldn't exactly write him off as a coach, either. It's not like he's been coaching the Denver Broncos offensive line where he's had a group of offensive linemen who have been starting together for years without losing hardly any man-games to injuries over the last couple of years. You can't compare the situation that McNally has had with the Bills the last two years with that kind of situation or even with the Giants situation for most of this season when all of their offensive linemen were healthy (they weren't nearly as good when they had a couple of injuries at the end of the season, either, were they).

Bert102176
01-27-2006, 03:13 AM
as long as bobby april stays that is what matters to me, to hell with Wyche what did he do that was anygood anyways, and as for McNally he's suppose to be such a great OL coach well tell him to do his job or don't let the door hit him in the ass on the way out so far he's done nothing with this OL we have.

Don't Panic
01-27-2006, 04:09 AM
Hard to call Wyche a huge loss with the track record of last year's QBs. I have no problem with the guy, but it's not like we lost a major asset or anything.

The_Philster
01-27-2006, 04:49 AM
this news isn't published online anywhere yet :scratch:

Historian
01-27-2006, 05:54 AM
Wyche and Levy never liked one another...going back to their war of words when they coached against each other.

LtBillsFan66
01-27-2006, 05:55 AM
I'm not disappointed.
Nor am I.

Earthquake Enyart
01-27-2006, 06:17 AM
I would rather have a QB coach who actually played the position in the last 10 years.

Jeff1220
01-27-2006, 06:30 AM
I really don't think Wyche would be a huge loss, but it would be nice to keep him if for no other reason than continuity for the QBs.
I think it's funny though how 2 days ago everyone was like, "As long as we don't lose April, Wyche and McNally. They're too important." Now they're like, "Wyche sucked; who needs 'im?..As long as we have April and McNally." or "McNally and Wyche are nothing special. Eff 'em!" -It's ridiculous.
It reminds me of the scene in The Jerk, when he's leaving the mansion, and saying, "All I need is the dog, that's all I need....and this lamp. The dog and the lamp is all I need...and..."

Tatonka
01-27-2006, 07:08 AM
I really don't think Wyche would be a huge loss, but it would be nice to keep him if for no other reason than continuity for the QBs.
I think it's funny though how 2 days ago everyone was like, "As long as we don't lose April, Wyche and McNally. They're too important." Now they're like, "Wyche sucked; who needs 'im?..As long as we have April and McNally." or "McNally and Wyche are nothing special. Eff 'em!" -It's ridiculous.
It reminds me of the scene in The Jerk, when he's leaving the mansion, and saying, "All I need is the dog, that's all I need....and this lamp. The dog and the lamp is all I need...and..."

good post.

BigZ
01-27-2006, 07:26 AM

As of now (8:26am) there's absolutely nothing on Google.

ICE74129
01-27-2006, 07:31 AM
:rofl:

one step forward.. two steps back..

you have got to be kidding me.

You know T, I am kinda not so upset. I like Wyche, but what exactly DID he do for JP? All I have heard was 'Will not be back with the Bills next year'. Did he get fired or resign? We really don't know yet.

I have a feeling Fairchild will also be QB coach. And that is fine with me. Now you have the OC talking directly to the QB and teaching him how he wants it done.

JWatts
01-27-2006, 07:45 AM
Here's the only link I can find on this

http://www.wkbw.com/Story.aspx?type=ln&NStoryID=9154

MikeInRoch
01-27-2006, 07:47 AM
As far as McNally goes - I know someone who was an offensive line coach in the NFL for 12 years. He told me "If McNally cannot fix your offensive line, then it cannot be fixed." Pretty strong statement.

THATHURMANATOR
01-27-2006, 07:52 AM
Yeah but mike gets pissed at everything!

ICE74129
01-27-2006, 07:55 AM
As far as McNally goes - I know someone who was an offensive line coach in the NFL for 12 years. He told me "If McNally cannot fix your offensive line, then it cannot be fixed." Pretty strong statement.

Good post mike. And Marv said from the start McNally and April were the two coaches he keeps period.

Give McNally some damn talent and see what happens in just ONE offseason! Look If I am marv I have had JMac in Mobile for the Sr bowl week. I give the man a cam corder, laptop whatever the old fart needs. I want HIM to find me linemen. Modrak should be down there with him doing the same.

Novacane
01-27-2006, 08:08 AM
You can't turn chicken **** into Chicken salad. :::

People have been using that line for Mcnally ever since he's been here. hey used the same excuse for why his line sucked in NY. If he was so great he should have been able to get at least a little improvement. He won't be any big loss if he goes

alohabillsfan
01-27-2006, 08:09 AM
I believe that they already have someone in line for this position Let's see who it is before we go high and right! We should have someone really soon. I would not think Marv and Dick would let someone like Sam go and not have someone waiting in the wings!

lordofgun
01-27-2006, 08:18 AM
AVP take that job with GB?

Historian
01-27-2006, 08:30 AM
AVP take that job with GB?

Why?

So he could teach him how to perfect his bounce pass?

Wrong sport, Log.

mysticsoto
01-27-2006, 09:02 AM
You know T, I am kinda not so upset. I like Wyche, but what exactly DID he do for JP? All I have heard was 'Will not be back with the Bills next year'. Did he get fired or resign? We really don't know yet.

I have a feeling Fairchild will also be QB coach. And that is fine with me. Now you have the OC talking directly to the QB and teaching him how he wants it done.

Wyche tested JP alot mentally and I think JP is now past that stage. Now he just has to go out there and do it. So, yes, I think it's fine that Wyche leaves now also. But, plain and simple, JP needs play time to develop more!!!

Billsrock4life
01-27-2006, 12:17 PM
that was stupid.... he was actually 1 good thing bout the bills offense staff

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Here's the only link I can find on this

http://www.wkbw.com/Story.aspx?type=ln&NStoryID=9154

What gives with this article. They repeated the thing in the same article. I guess that Channel 7 is trying to get thier point across about it?

G. Host
01-27-2006, 05:48 PM

Maybe these were not posted when you posted:

The former head coach of the Bengals and the Bucs has spent 18-years in the NFL..but after two-years in Buffalo..he will not be back. Bills sources tell seven-sports that Sam Wyche..the veteran quarterbacks coach for the team..will not be back next year.
http://www.wkbw.com/Story.aspx?preview=&type=ln&NStoryID=9154
The story above has absolutely terrible editing repeating info multiple times. They appeared to be the one who broke the story.

WGR has also learned (heard on TV) that quarterbacks coach Sam Wyche will not be back with the Bills. Wyche has been in Buffalo the past two seasons.
http://www.wgr550.com/fullstory.php?id=1359