PDA

View Full Version : If P.Price leaves...

Jeff 311
01-25-2003, 09:55 PM
will that hurt bledsoe performance :mad: ? or will josh reed beable to duplicate Price's numbers :) ? After all reed did have better rookie numbers than both moulds and price.

Tatonka
01-25-2003, 10:26 PM
well, i dont think that will be the reason that drews numbers will go down.. not because of reed as a starter..

i hope the reason drews numbers are down comes from us having the lead at the end of the game and smashing travis henry down the opponents throats for 30 carries a game.

ublinkwescore
01-26-2003, 12:55 AM
We can beat anyone if we force feed defenses Travis Henry so much that they're begging us to pass the ball.

WG
01-26-2003, 10:29 AM

Reed is gonna be even better than Price.

As to Bledsoe, I honestly don't know how his numbers can get any worse. After the first 4 games he tossed 14 TDs and 13 INTs in the remaining 12 games. Assuming that the "steady state" part of his performances and of the Bills' season were not the first 4 games while the Bills were a surprise offense given all the changes, If Drew can't put up a TD/game, then that's pretty sad, especially since he threw for over 4,000 yards and 600 attempts and likely will come close to that again.

Heck, any QB on this team can average a TD/game by default. It doesn't take a superstar.

My question is will Reed help him do more w/ the yards that he threw? Ie., will all those yards on all those passing plays actually result in more points and will Reed help that? Price obviously didn't as Drew tossed only 1 TD for every 215 yards thrown for over the last 12 games. That has got to be one of the worst TD production marks in the league.

Here are some comparisons:

K. Collins: 214
Hasselbeck: 205
Blake: 160
Kitna: 198
Peete: 175
Miller: 149
Brees: 193
Matthews: 113
Plummer: 165

You get the point. The only numbers that matter are TDs and Drew tossed about 1/game over the last 12 games of the season when the Bills became a "known quantity", 1.1 to be precise, and those are the numbers that I'm concerned about. I don't care if he gets 30 TDs on 2,800 yards or 30 TDs on 5,000. It's the TD production that should matter most. That's why I'm dismissive of records for yardage, attempts, and completions. I don't care if he sets the NFL record for yards at 5,500 and attempts at 700 if he can't throw TDs in games. Likewise, I also don't care if he's ranked 20th in yardage and attempts/completions as long as he does something w/ the ball while he's throwing it. But clearly that's an issue right now and has been throughout his whole career.

The other number that I'd like to see go down is his INTs, especially in critical games. In our 8 toughest games this season, Drew threw all 15 INTs and added 3 lost fumbles in 7 of our 8 losses. That absolutely has got to go down. He did that with Price here so apparently Price's presence had little to do in helping Drew avoid those. Perhaps Price's departure will help that.

So as far as his "numbers" go, I think if anything scoring will go up next year as long as we do what ublink says. Drew's coming here sold some tickets, now it's time for the team to do what it takes to win, and win the big games, not just the games against beat up opponents and the worst teams in the league.

WG
01-26-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
well, i dont think that will be the reason that drews numbers will go down.. not because of reed as a starter..

i hope the reason drews numbers are down comes from us having the lead at the end of the game and smashing travis henry down the opponents throats for 30 carries a game.

AMEN T!!!

I'd like to see Henry rush for 2,000 yards next season and lead the NFL in rushing and AP yards. With what will hopefully be a vastly improved D, it would be a killer combination and one that would give this team it's best chances of success in the playoffs and getting there. If that means Drew only throwing for 3,200 yards and 18 TDs, then so be it. Drew's records and personal performances don't come before the team.