Time to break out some facts for holcomites.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Time to break out some facts for holcomites.

Since he didnt do much Sitting on the bench behind Peyton manning (*) (BTW...5 games appered, 1 started for a 44.4 QB rating.(#)

Lets look at his Cleveland Career with some stats from this year.

First off missed tons of time being oft injured. That showed again with a concussion. That said lets look at some stats....

1) A losing record. Games started he is 7-12 (including here)

2) Until this year 27 TD's and 29 Ints. Thanks to this year he is 37-37. Not impressive at all for a 10 year veteran.

3) Games that he actually played in but DNS (did not start) his record is 1-5. Now a little side note, There were games listed that had losses on them and said 'no' under the start catigory, but they didn't provide any stats for him.

4) has always had a high completion %.

That is about it. Now lets get too it...

The only reason this guy has stayed around is he can sustain drives by dinking and dunking. There is a problem with that, he doesnt' score. It was the same this year and every year he has played. His completion % for his career is an outstanding 64.6/ But only a 79.9 QB rating. The guy doesnt' put up points. This is evidenced by his losing record, and the horrible lack of TD's for his career.

Sorry he isn't the answer for the 'win now' club.

(*) now for the fun part. I hear two things. 'Win now don't devleop a guy' And 'Let him learn in camp and practice. That will prepare him'.

Really? holcomb was in Indy for FIVE FRIGGIN YEARS! Didnt help him much did it? Under two great offensive minds. The man who is the OC and the legend Teddy Marchibrota. So there is the proof positive sitting and just playing a few snaps in camp does NOT make you a good QB.

And lastly on this subject, seems Bill Polian the best damn GM around says different. you DO pick a guy and develop him. how did that work out for Polian and indy?

(#) Holcomb again had a great Completion %...with 1 TD and 8 int's added to it. So in what was his 2nd year he saw 5 games, Threw 1 TD and 8 picks. outside of the Completion %...looks to me like JP had a better 2nd year huh?

Holcomb isnt' the answer. Never has been, never will be and is a career loser on the downside of his career. He isn't any better than JP other than he kisses the other vets asses and throws dink and dunk passes to pad his comepletion % making his QB rating look good. All the while NOT putting up points and losing.

This staff needs to dedicate it's self to JP this offseason and in the 06 season. Get him the help he needs and let him go the full 16 games and see how it works out.

Arguement over.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Time to break out some facts for holcomites.

You went through all the trouble to tell us what we already know?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

some like you don't get it. Holcomb isn't a winning QB. Develop your young QB. You know like WINNING Teams do.

Comment

• FirstDownBills
        Your rebirth can't hurt
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
        Since he didnt do much Sitting on the bench behind Peyton manning (*) (BTW...5 games appered, 1 started for a 44.4 QB rating.(#)

First off missed tons of time being oft injured. That showed again with a concussion. That said lets look at some stats....

2) Until this year 27 TD's and 29 Ints. Thanks to this year he is 37-37. Not impressive at all for a 10 year veteran.

3) Games that he actually played in but DNS (did not start) his record is 1-5. Now a little side note, There were games listed that had losses on them and said 'no' under the start catigory, but they didn't provide any stats for him.

The only reason this guy has stayed around is he can sustain drives by dinking and dunking. There is a problem with that, he doesnt' score. It was the same this year and every year he has played. His completion % for his career is an outstanding 64.6/ But only a 79.9 QB rating. The guy doesnt' put up points. This is evidenced by his losing record, and the horrible lack of TD's for his career.

(*) now for the fun part. I hear two things. 'Win now don't devleop a guy' And 'Let him learn in camp and practice. That will prepare him'.

Really? holcomb was in Indy for FIVE FRIGGIN YEARS! Didnt help him much did it? Under two great offensive minds. The man who is the OC and the legend Teddy Marchibrota. So there is the proof positive sitting and just playing a few snaps in camp does NOT make you a good QB.

And lastly on this subject, seems Bill Polian the best damn GM around says different. you DO pick a guy and develop him. how did that work out for Polian and indy?

(#) Holcomb again had a great Completion %...with 1 TD and 8 int's added to it. So in what was his 2nd year he saw 5 games, Threw 1 TD and 8 picks. outside of the Completion %...looks to me like JP had a better 2nd year huh?

Holcomb isnt' the answer. Never has been, never will be and is a career loser on the downside of his career. He isn't any better than JP other than he kisses the other vets asses and throws dink and dunk passes to pad his comepletion % making his QB rating look good. All the while NOT putting up points and losing.

This staff needs to dedicate it's self to JP this offseason and in the 06 season. Get him the help he needs and let him go the full 16 games and see how it works out.

Arguement over.

Marv Levy Era

Regular Season Record: 0-0-0
        Playoff Record: 0-0
        Super Bowl Appearances: 0
        Super Bowl Wins: 0

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

some like you don't get it. Holcomb isn't a winning QB. Develop your young QB. You know like WINNING Teams do.
          So you're saying we should go in and use this season to develop the young players? If that's what the team decides then I'm all for it. If only you could comprehend a little better, you would realize that that's what I said pretty much in my other posts.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• tat2dmike77
            Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
            • Dec 2005

I'm not a holcomb supporter but let me say that whomever is under center i will support at the time since i have no other choice. But i do believe i JP!!!

But ICE let me tell you when this holcomb mania started. It was way back on a cold and snowy day in pittsburg when a man few had heard of took the browns to thier first playoff apperence in quiet sometime.

Oh it was a magical day for browns fans. "THE BROWNS ARE BACK!!!" Many browns fan cheered and indeed they were. But in thier way of playoff greatness stood a menicing black and gold giant. The giants looked at the brownies and said "Who are these little people coming into our hometown"

But the brownies would not be scared for they had sprinkled pixie dust on the arm of aman few had known. Once the game began it was a passing delight each team throwing and throwing and scoring and scoring. Four quarters were not enough for the brownies were not going to go away so easy. The overtime proved costly to the brownies as the lost in defeat. But that day a man would forever be thrown into browns folk loar.

He threw and threw and had over 300 hundred yards and many touchdowns. He exclaimed i should be the starter look at what i can do. But the pixie dust was only good for that game. For he has never shown that magic again.

So you see ICE thatis where holcombmania started and to this day i still hear browns fans talk about holcomb like he is a god.

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
              I'm not a holcomb supporter but let me say that whomever is under center i will support at the time since i have no other choice. But i do believe i JP!!!

But ICE let me tell you when this holcomb mania started. It was way back on a cold and snowy day in pittsburg when a man few had heard of took the browns to thier first playoff apperence in quiet sometime.

Oh it was a magical day for browns fans. "THE BROWNS ARE BACK!!!" Many browns fan cheered and indeed they were. But in thier way of playoff greatness stood a menicing black and gold giant. The giants looked at the brownies and said "Who are these little people coming into our hometown"

But the brownies would not be scared for they had sprinkled pixie dust on the arm of aman few had known. Once the game began it was a passing delight each team throwing and throwing and scoring and scoring. Four quarters were not enough for the brownies were not going to go away so easy. The overtime proved costly to the brownies as the lost in defeat. But that day a man would forever be thrown into browns folk loar.

He threw and threw and had over 300 hundred yards and many touchdowns. He exclaimed i should be the starter look at what i can do. But the pixie dust was only good for that game. For he has never shown that magic again.

So you see ICE thatis where holcombmania started and to this day i still hear browns fans talk about holcomb like he is a god.
              But mike....he LOST THAT GAME. 400 yards and a LOSS. LOL I know what you are saying though bud. I really do.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                • Dec 2005

But mike....he LOST THAT GAME. 400 yards and a LOSS. LOL I know what you are saying though bud. I really do.
                I i know he lost the game. It's good that you see what i'm saying as well i just wanted to tell the fairytale of KH.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

I i know he lost the game. It's good that you see what i'm saying as well i just wanted to tell the fairytale of KH.
                  Oh I agree with what you are saying 100%. This is no different than fans thinking RJ, Doug, Etc would be the saviors. Saviors are developed. These fans will run off JP here soon and watch him become the next Favre somewhere else. All the time screaming 'But there was no way to know'. Well of course not. the morons have 'win now' spewing out of their faces and don't understand this TEAM isn't a win now team.

2 years folks. That is what it will take to 'win now'. Better start dealing with it before you have a stroke during our 7-9 to 8-8 upcoming season.

Comment

• FirstDownBills
                    Your rebirth can't hurt
                    • Dec 2005

Oh I agree with what you are saying 100%. This is no different than fans thinking RJ, Doug, Etc would be the saviors. Saviors are developed. These fans will run off JP here soon and watch him become the next Favre somewhere else. All the time screaming 'But there was no way to know'. Well of course not. the morons have 'win now' spewing out of their faces and don't understand this TEAM isn't a win now team.

2 years folks. That is what it will take to 'win now'. Better start dealing with it before you have a stroke during our 7-9 to 8-8 upcoming season.

To be honest, if the Bills go 8-8 next season I will be satisfied with the progress. Anything more than 8 wins obviously is icing on the cake. I don't expect this team to make the playoffs unless some sort of miracle happens. However, 2007 will be the year we return to the postseason.

Marv Levy Era

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                      • Dec 2005

Honestly a 7-9 or 8-8 season would make me happy. Yeah it's not the playoffs but it's an improvement. With a young QB it's all about baby steps.

Lets say 8-8 next season then the next season 10-6 baby steps man baby steps.

I still say that Ben Rothlilongname is one of the worse things to happen to a yong QB. Every QB coming out and every young Qb will be compared to him. I kinda feel for Leinart and young. Cause you know if they start people are gonna compare them to Ben. If they don't have a stellar season people will be screaming bust.

Whatever happened to developing talent? I don't remember Jim Kelly coming into the league and tearing up the league. It took a couple of years. I'm not comparing JP to Jimbo i'm just saying that at the QB position you need time to learn. The college game and the pro game are totally diffrent. It's like trying to compare a steak to a piece of bolonga.

Comment

• FirstDownBills
                        Your rebirth can't hurt
                        • Dec 2005

Honestly a 7-9 or 8-8 season would make me happy. Yeah it's not the playoffs but it's an improvement. With a young QB it's all about baby steps.

Lets say 8-8 next season then the next season 10-6 baby steps man baby steps.

I still say that Ben Rothlilongname is one of the worse things to happen to a yong QB. Every QB coming out and every young Qb will be compared to him. I kinda feel for Leinart and young. Cause you know if they start people are gonna compare them to Ben. If they don't have a stellar season people will be screaming bust.

Whatever happened to developing talent? I don't remember Jim Kelly coming into the league and tearing up the league. It took a couple of years. I'm not comparing JP to Jimbo i'm just saying that at the QB position you need time to learn. The college game and the pro game are totally diffrent. It's like trying to compare a steak to a piece of bolonga.
                        You hit the nail on the head brother. Patience and baby steps. You've got to learn how to crawl before you can walk. I was thinking the same exact trajectory as you did. 8-8 in 2006, 10-6 and postseason berth in 2007. Also, patience means giving Jauron at least four seasons as head coach here to implement his schemes etc. No more wanting the head coaches head after his sophmore year.

Marv Levy Era

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

Play JP. Let's get it over with. The majority of fans want him to play. Get him some help on the OL. I don't want any excuses from the Losmaniacs. Then when he flat out blows for an entire year we can dump his bust @ss and start over again. Troy Smith is within our reach if we keep Holcomb on the bench. I say go for it. Hopefully Marv lowers the expectations enough that the fans will be cool with 3-13.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                            • Jan 2004

Arguement over.

And with all those stats, he is still much better then JP Losman.

Anyway, what do you mean by "the Answer".

People always seem to use that term, but im always confused as to what they mean by the answer.

The staff needs to do what they think gives them the best chance to win football games in 06, whomever it may be.
                            You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                              And with all those stats, he is still much better then JP Losman.
                              I just proved he wasn't moron. I am done dealing with your dumb ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X