PDA

View Full Version : Will these guys ever learn

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 11:52 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5281688

MIAMI (AP) - Washington Redskins (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67062) safety Sean Taylor (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/200303) faces up to 46 years in prison after two additional assault charges were filed against him Friday.

Michael Grieco, an assistant state attorney, said the charges reflect Taylor's alleged threatening of three people with a gun in an armed confrontation over an all-terrain vehicle on June 1.
Taylor, 22, now faces three counts of aggravated assault, each of which carries a minimum sentence of three years and a maximum of 15 years in prison. He also faces one misdemeanor battery charge that carries a potential one-year prison term.

What is the deal with these players? Do they think thier above the law? Honestly i think the book needs thrown at someone to make and example out of them. This is getting ridiculous.

I mean it's not enough that they make millions of dollars a year. They still have to act like ghetto thugs. Sean taylor deserves to goto jail not play in the NFL.

FirstDownBills
01-27-2006, 11:57 AM
The reason why these players are not made examples out of is because todays society pampers them like they are Gods or something.

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Well i think it's time that someone put thier foot down.

Meathead
01-27-2006, 12:21 PM
he faces getting prison time like i face getting voted americas sexiest man only longer odds

he'll get off with a slap on the wrist

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 12:22 PM
unfortunatlly your probly right

Mitchy moo
01-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Mike tyson only went to jail because he was an animal. He couldn't be nice at any level and the jury saw him as a threat.

Sean will end up with probation and it will fall off his permanent record if he stays good for 2 years (adjudication withheld).

lynobx
01-27-2006, 12:35 PM
The child rapist in Vermont got 60 days. With liberal judges and the ACLU, our justice system now ignores punishment of the criminal and retribution for the victim, in favor of some misguided concern for the welfare and rehabilitation of the perpetrator.

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 12:43 PM
The child rapist in Vermont got 60 days. With liberal judges and the ACLU, our justice system now ignores punishment of the criminal and retribution for the victim, in favor of some misguided concern for the welfare and rehabilitation of the perpetrator.

Oh i get it. So basically if i go and commit a crime and say mommy and daddy beat me as a child and i grew up poor i should get off. I see now.

IT'S BS. When did criminals get more rights then victims. Hell in some cases i have seen criminals that break into someones house and they get shot by the owner of the house then the criminal turns around and sues the home owner and wins. How is that fair.

I know taylor will probly get a slap on the wrist. Hell look at Jamal Lewis he was traficing cocaine and he got a slap on the writs sentence. If that was you or me we would be in the federal penn for at least 10 years. Just goes to show you that if your rich or famous you are truly above the law.

ICE74129
01-27-2006, 12:46 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5281688

MIAMI (AP) - Washington Redskins (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67062) safety Sean Taylor (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/200303) faces up to 46 years in prison after two additional assault charges were filed against him Friday.

Michael Grieco, an assistant state attorney, said the charges reflect Taylor's alleged threatening of three people with a gun in an armed confrontation over an all-terrain vehicle on June 1.
Taylor, 22, now faces three counts of aggravated assault, each of which carries a minimum sentence of three years and a maximum of 15 years in prison. He also faces one misdemeanor battery charge that carries a potential one-year prison term.

What is the deal with these players? Do they think thier above the law? Honestly i think the book needs thrown at someone to make and example out of them. This is getting ridiculous.

I mean it's not enough that they make millions of dollars a year. They still have to act like ghetto thugs. Sean taylor deserves to goto jail not play in the NFL.

He is another punk from 'Tha U'. They are made to think they are Gods down there and above the law. Just ask Michael Irvin.

Taylor I think will end up going to jail. The justice system is itching to send a couple of these punks to jail.

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 12:48 PM
He is another punk from 'Tha U'. They are made to think they are Gods down there and above the law. Just ask Michael Irvin.

Taylor I think will end up going to jail. The justice system is itching to send a couple of these punks to jail.

Tha U what are players down there so dumb thay can't say miami or is it a multimeaning.

A university for students who actually want to get an education. Then for others a criminal university.

ICE74129
01-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Tha U what are players down there so dumb thay can't say miami or is it a multimeaning.

A university for students who actually want to get an education. Then for others a criminal university.

Yep.

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 12:56 PM
That makes sense

Also on a side note ICE it's nice to see that you have calmed down a bit. I enjoy posting with or against you do bring up good points glad to see the prozac kicked in J/K. But if you need any during the season i have plenty to go around.

FirstDownBills
01-27-2006, 01:09 PM
That makes sense

Also on a side note ICE it's nice to see that you have calmed down a bit. I enjoy posting with or against you do bring up good points glad to see the prozac kicked in J/K. But if you need any during the season i have plenty to go around.

Ice is the man now.

Mitchy moo
01-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Yep.

I added to ice's rep, he's really good and now calmer.

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 04:11 PM
I added to ice's rep, he's really good and now calmer.

I did to even though it was only 1 point but it's still one point.

Billscusey
01-27-2006, 04:17 PM
That "Vote Chuck Norris for DC" thing is hilarious! If I could give you positive rep, I would! Whitch reminds me, how do you get the ability to give rep?

feelthepain
01-27-2006, 04:21 PM
It's not just the U , VT isn't exactly looking to good on the image fornt either. Infact there are a lot of schools with players raping, gun charges, drug charges, abuse and violance charges!! It's all over the Country. It's sad when you are given a free ride through school on your way to making millions of dollars and you can't even do that!!

I think the schools need to make a new rule 2 strikes and you're out, no matter how small the offenses, and you can't be reinstated to any school under a sports scholarship for one full year after the second offense.

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 04:33 PM
It's not just the U , VT isn't exactly looking to good on the image fornt either. Infact there are a lot of schools with players raping, gun charges, drug charges, abuse and violance charges!! It's all over the Country. It's sad when you are given a free ride through school on your way to making millions of dollars and you can't even do that!!

I think the schools need to make a new rule 2 strikes and you're out, no matter how small the offenses, and you can't be reinstated to any school under a sports scholarship for one full year after the second offense.

while we may not see eye to eye on alot issues FTP i have to agree with 100%. We also discussed the VT thing as well in anthor thread and somebody brought up the comment of VT is looking more like the U except in the sticks.

While your right about it happening all over it seems to be happening much more with these two schools lately. Myself am a buckeyes fan and i know that they have had some problems with some players but for the most part they are behaved. But i'm not blind i know that some things get brushed under the table and names don't get reported when stuff happens.

But your right a 2 strike rule would be something that some of these colleges need to look at. But at the same time they should also be doing background or character checks on thier new recruits. They are given a free ride to play a sport. They don't pay for dorms, classes hell probly even books. But the average like us has to pay the rising cost of tuition. These so called "student athletes" are spoiled and they believe that they can get away with what they want. Someone has to make an example out of them.

Will it happen probly not. Why cause that could mean losing recruits if they know a school is hard on you if you mess up. Heck i lived through the whole Clarett thing here in columbus. I mean if the dude would of taken his punishment people here would of accepted that. But no he weasled his way out things tried to get in the NFL and now people in columbus want nothing to do with him. If he would of taken his punishment he could of been a king here in columbus hell look at kirk herbstreet he's like a god around here.

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 04:34 PM
That "Vote Chuck Norris for DC" thing is hilarious! If I could give you positive rep, I would! Whitch reminds me, how do you get the ability to give rep?

I think you need to give atleast 100 post before you have the power to rep someone.

The_Philster
01-27-2006, 06:00 PM
post count, time on the boards, and rep received

ICE74129
01-27-2006, 07:03 PM
That makes sense

LOL it is straight zoloft for me :roflmao:

feelthepain
01-27-2006, 08:07 PM
while we may not see eye to eye on alot issues FTP i have to agree with 100%. We also discussed the VT thing as well in anthor thread and somebody brought up the comment of VT is looking more like the U except in the sticks.

While your right about it happening all over it seems to be happening much more with these two schools lately. Myself am a buckeyes fan and i know that they have had some problems with some players but for the most part they are behaved. But i'm not blind i know that some things get brushed under the table and names don't get reported when stuff happens.

But your right a 2 strike rule would be something that some of these colleges need to look at. But at the same time they should also be doing background or character checks on thier new recruits. They are given a free ride to play a sport. They don't pay for dorms, classes hell probly even books. But the average like us has to pay the rising cost of tuition. These so called "student athletes" are spoiled and they believe that they can get away with what they want. Someone has to make an example out of them.

Will it happen probly not. Why cause that could mean losing recruits if they know a school is hard on you if you mess up. Heck i lived through the whole Clarett thing here in columbus. I mean if the dude would of taken his punishment people here would of accepted that. But no he weasled his way out things tried to get in the NFL and now people in columbus want nothing to do with him. If he would of taken his punishment he could of been a king here in columbus hell look at kirk herbstreet he's like a god around here.

Well the part that bothers me the most is that a lot of the students getting into trouble are the ones that can least afford to screw up and are pissing away a huge chance to make something out of their live. Rather then just looking at what they are given, they would rather look tough or impress their friends then to keep a low profile and have a great life. It makes no sense at all, it's not like they don't understand how important what they are given is, they understand it, it's just more important to be tough guy in the hood rather then smart guy with the big bank account. Meanwhile other kids that aren't athletically gifted, get nothing and have to earn everything and you hardly ever hear about them screwing up their lives. Maybe because they aren't just given everything because they can run fast!!! Well this is nothing new it's been going on as long as it's been a part of the NCAA. I don't see any changes in the near future.

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Nope and the perfect movie to show that is The Program

Made in the 90's but same stuff still happens today.

Oh well one day it will catch up to them. Thier breaks will run out and someone will no longer feel like they have to takeit easy on the individual. Everybody hits bottom at some point in thier life.