PDA

View Full Version : Thoroughly Disappointed Bills Fan

RedEyE
01-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Bills ass-backwards.

I have to say that the way things have been handled in the front office, it's been everything short of brilliant. Lack luster may be the better term.

The Jauron hiring came as a big shock to most of us and as things setteled we certainly came to appreciate his way of managing the game. But the one thing that is bothering me, is if the Bills wanted Sherman to run the offense and Bates to run the defense, why not just hire Sherman from the get-go.

Hiring Sherman would have guaranteed a Sherman like offense. Right?

And the fact that his buddy Bates has worked with him for this long, I'm sure that Bates could have been strung along. Suddenly the Bills have Bates and Sherman. What a concept?!

Let's say Bates pulled down an HC job somewhere, well then Jauron would have been available to take over the DC position. Something that makes a hell of a lot more sense then giving him the high HC.

I'm not disappointed with the hiring of Fairchild, but even if Sherman was brought in at HC, more than likely Marv and Sherman both could have agreed on hiring Fairchild as OC anyway.

So this is where we stand:

No Sherman

No Bates

No Wyche

And already a no to from your A list TE coach

Now the Bills have to drop to the B-List. This is not what I expected as a fan. Not after the nonsense that we've endured the last several years. I expected a PRIMO A List coaching staff in Buffalo.

Instead, we are going to see a bunch of question marks coaching in Buffalo again. The fact that the Bills dragged their feet on signing an HC, the market for DC has been sucked dry.

Cottrell sucks guys. Check his numbers. The guy has good years, but more often then not he has had bad years. Take into consideration the bad blood between Ted and Ralph, and we know he isn't coming anyway.

So, now that I've complained, I'm offering a resolution.

Fairchild is fine with me, but the Bills have to aggressively pursue a top DC and quickly.

Bring in every qualified candidate from college to the pros and start interviewing 3 guys a day until John Marshall, Seattle's LB coach is available for an offer.

They have to go out and get John Marshall. He's really the only big name left to pull out of the hat. Otherwise, we're stuck with a real question mark.

Haslett, had the Bills not dragged their feet, Haslett would have jumped at the chance to coach the Bills D. _ GONE

Singletary, while showing signs of a good coach, doesn't have the experience this team needs.

Capers goes to the competition.

I want improvements in what the front office has already done.

L.A. Playa
01-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Why are you so shocked ??

RedEyE
01-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Why are you so shocked ??

I expect more from this franchise.

Donahoe was fired for not delivering a good coach to this team. While I'll reserve my judgement until some football has been played, Marv hasn't exactly taken any steps forward. I love the guy to death, but I'm skeptical due to recent events..... until proven otherwise.

Once biten, twice shy.

FirstDownBills
01-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Hasn't taken any steps forward? How so? All the moves so far have been solid IMO :up:

RedEyE
01-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Hasn't taken any steps forward? How so? All the moves so far have been solid IMO :thumbsup:

Listen, I'm not trying to pull anyone down, just pointing out some facts. They didn't get the guys the set out to get. Now we are going to be stuck with second/thrid best, and hoping an praying they work out. They could have gotten the guys they wanted had they just done things a little differntly.

L.A. Playa
01-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Well unfortunately until the fans hit Ralph where he really hurts, the pocketbook, I doubt you will see any real change. Since, the NFL is so based on TV revenue and not as much affected by ticket sales or the lack of ticket sales, if Ralph is still a tight ass he is gonna go the cheap route wherever he can to save a few bucks.

That really hasnt changed over the years. There has only been one big name coach over the years and that was Chuck Knox. Rememebr Marv had sucess here but came cheap, any coach or GM that was succesful started as a no name and when it was time for their big payday they where shown the door.

This is what this orginization has done since day 1, you just have to hope that going the cheap route with the FO and Coaching Staff will pay off one day again like it did in the "glory years"

Ralph is in a win-win situation he goes the cheap route and the team wins and he is revered in Buffalo forever and makes alot of money. Or the team fails the fans stop going to the games and Ralph either leaves Buffalo or sells the team for the last huge payday of his long life and is the most hated man in Buffalo history.

Either way Ralph wins and gets richer so what does he really have to lose ??

Meathead
01-27-2006, 12:29 PM
its a very legitimate and good question

which is why i guarantee you marv could answer it in a second

to think he hadnt already considered the exact sherman/bates situation you described seems highly unlikely so there has to be a good argument against it

we can wait and see what the answer is because it will come up sooner or later. or you could write a letter and hed probably answer you that way. in the rare times ive written with a legitimate question theyve always answered

RedEyE
01-27-2006, 12:34 PM
its a very legitimate and good question

which is why i guarantee you marv could answer it in a second

to think he hadnt already considered the exact sherman/bates situation you described seems highly unlikely so there has to be a good argument against it

we can wait and see what the answer is because it will come up sooner or later. or you could write a letter and hed probably answer you that way. in the rare times ive written with a legitimate question theyve always answered

Looking for Marv's email address now....that's a damn good idea. I'll ask him myself.

Meathead
01-27-2006, 12:38 PM
btw - the term is bass-ackwards

i dont want you embarrassing yourself

Mr. Miyagi
01-27-2006, 12:40 PM
And the fact that his buddy Bates has worked with him for this long, I'm sure that Bates could have been strung along. Suddenly the Bills have Bates and Sherman. What a concept?!
Bates had only worked for Sherman for 1 season in Green Bay. Before that he was with Miami.

Meathead
01-27-2006, 12:41 PM
last time i checked (its been a while) they didnt give out any addresses on the site but they did have a "send email to" box you could specify who to send the comment/question to, then you get a generic address in return so you cant stalk them and besides they never had any proof it was me

Mr. Miyagi
01-27-2006, 12:45 PM
Either way Ralph wins and gets richer so what does he really have to lose ??
The man is 87 years old. I'm not sure if his goal is still to get richer knowing he can't bring it with him to his grave.

L.A. Playa
01-27-2006, 12:48 PM
The man is 87 years old. I'm not sure if his goal is still to get richer knowing he can't bring it with him to his grave.

most peopel with his type of money have one goal, accumulate as much wealth as possible until the day I die.

do you see any succesful rich people stop working or stop making investments as they get to stop making money ??

All people with money always want to make more money that quest never ends for them

RedEyE
01-27-2006, 01:10 PM

lol

I'm rewording the entire thing.

!Papacrunk!
01-27-2006, 07:47 PM

Fer sure, it's all about going upstream at times. Damn trout.

G. Host
01-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Fairchild is fine with me, but the Bills have to aggressively pursue a top DC and quickly.

Bring in every qualified candidate from college to the pros and start interviewing 3 guys a day until John Marshall, Seattle's LB coach is available for an offer.

They have to go out and get John Marshall. He's really the only big name left to pull out of the hat. Otherwise, we're stuck with a real question mark.

This is an EXTREMELY bad idea. As we have seen there are leaks all the time even if front office keeps quiet. Agents, coworkers, family and the candidates themselves talk to people who talk to the press. And when they hear of all of those candidates flying to Buffalo, why are they going to take their time to do so when they need to spend time evaluating players, etc.

lordofgun
01-27-2006, 08:48 PM
I bet you'd feel better about the whole situation if you commited adultery.

RedEyE
01-27-2006, 09:10 PM

:rofl:

tat2dmike77
01-27-2006, 09:10 PM

:rofl:

feelthepain
01-28-2006, 05:58 AM
Thoroughly Disappointed Bills Fan

Well this is what us fin fans see in the Bills. You don't like us coming here and busting on your team but it's because we see the choices the FO makes and we know where you're headed. Then when some fans start running their mouths it makes you wonder why. The Bills are a long ways from where the fans want them to be and if this were my team I'd feel the same disappointment. If I knew the fins neede to get better and they hired Dick Juron I'd be furious. I know with every new coach there is new hope, but it's a lot easier feel hopefull with a guy like BB walking the sidelines then Dick Juron. The Bills FO did drag their feet, and it cost them.

ddaryl
01-28-2006, 06:57 AM
Miami fans actually think they have some sort of advice for us.

miami is a franchise that isn't heading in any great directions either....

If I was a Miami fan I would be just as upset, but luckily that can never happen.

feelthepain
01-28-2006, 09:19 AM
miami is a franchise that isn't heading in any great directions either....

If I was a Miami fan I would be just as upset, but luckily that can never happen.

Ok, I guess. If you think Miam isn't heading in the right direction I would love to hear why you think this because you are one of the few that don't think so.

justasportsfan
01-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Thoroughly Disappointed Bills Fan

Well this is what us fin fans see in the Bills. . I don't think NJfinsfan ,Samphin or LT would want you to speak on their behalf.

feelthepain
01-28-2006, 10:16 AM
I don't think NJfinsfan ,Samphin or LT would want you to speak on their behalf.

And I don't think thats any of your business!! And since I didn't specify which fans, shut your piehole!!
Also, it's pretty plain to see the Bills direction isn't what most "football fans" would want.

justasportsfan
01-28-2006, 10:21 AM
And I don't think thats any of your business!!truth hurts, huh!

it's my business when you post on a public message board, DUH!!!!

feelthepain
01-28-2006, 10:41 AM
truth hurts, huh!

it's my business when you post on a public message board, DUH!!!!

Truth is you're a waste of air, you offer nothing but a crybabys opinion on everything and you still won't face all the crap you were spewing this past offseason and preseason?? You still havn't maned up and said you were wrong about how great your team was gonna be and how wrong you were about the Fins. Your team then makes a bunch of sh*** moves and your bitter!! Awww, to bad. It will be fun to watch you crying in your soup over another lost season. Yeah, the truth hurts alright.

justasportsfan
01-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Truth is you're a waste of air, you offer nothing but a crybabys opinion on everything and you still won't face all the crap you were spewing this past offseason and preseason?? You still havn't maned up and said you were wrong about how great your team was gonna be and how wrong you were about the Fins. Your team then makes a bunch of sh*** moves and your bitter!! Awww, to bad. It will be fun to watch you crying in your soup over another lost season. Yeah, the truth hurts alright.
blah,blah blah. Whiny lil' beeyatch.

Let me know when you finally grow a pair , Nancy.

feelthepain
01-28-2006, 11:38 AM
blah,blah blah. Whiny lil' beeyatch.

Let me know when you finally grow a pair , Nancy.

I didn't know your name was Nancy!! JustaNancy....hmm, well that explains it, you have fantasys about being a woman and now you want to take another step forward and you want to be called Nancy!! Ya know I'm not sure what this has to do with football,but I guess I should understand you're coming out of the closet and you want everyone to know you want to be a woman!! Ok, justaNancy, if thats what you want. I'll be sure to let everyone at finheaven know your out of the closet and you'll be a much happier out of the closet Bill fans maybe then you can post now without that edge you seem to convey because of your secret!! Good for you, Hey everyone justaNancy is out of his/her closet and would like to be called justaNancy.

justasportsfan
01-28-2006, 11:43 AM
I didn't know your name was Nancy!! JustaNancy....hmm, well that explains it, you have fantasys about being a woman and now you want to take another step forward and you want to be called Nancy!! Ya know I'm not sure what this has to do with football,but I guess I should understand you're coming out of the closet and you want everyone to know you want to be a woman!! Ok, justaNancy, if thats what you want. I'll be sure to let everyone at finheaven know your out of the closet and you'll be a much happier out of the closet Bill fans maybe then you can post now without that edge you seem to convey because of your secret!! Good for you, Hey everyone justaNancy is out of his/her closet and would like to be called justaNancy.this is why you shouldn't talk on their behalf. You're a dork . It only takes me 2-3 lines to get your panties all bunched up. :snicker:

feelthepain
01-28-2006, 12:16 PM
this is why you shouldn't talk on their behalf. You're a dork . It only takes me 2-3 lines to get your panties all bunched up. :snicker:

Ok queenie!!

Mr. Cynical
01-29-2006, 12:14 AM
Listen, I'm not trying to pull anyone down, just pointing out some facts.

Some people don't want facts. They want cheerleading.

The_Philster
01-29-2006, 05:11 PM
If I knew the fins neede to get better and they hired Dick Juron I'd be furious. I know with every new coach there is new hope, but it's a lot easier feel hopefull with a guy like BB walking the sidelines then Dick Juron. Bill Belichek isn't available

lordofgun
01-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Let's talk football, not personal insults.

Night Train
01-29-2006, 06:16 PM
Your entire position is predicated on the belief that the people you identified, ( Haslett, Marshall, Sherman, Capers etc ) are great choices, as if we all blindly agree with you like brain dead lemmings. I sure don't.

It's your opinion and nothing more. I knew Haslett from his playing days and was most happy he wasn't considered. Capers ran a bad 3-4 and hasn't done well in 9 years. Sherman reportedly is another micro manager, just like Martz and TD. Didn't Marv stress the importance of organization and the ability to delegate ?

It's all about chemistry and Marv found his man in Jauron. Will it work ? We won't know until about half way through the season.