PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo's First Round Pick

RedEyE
01-27-2006, 06:36 PM
What do you think the Bills will do with their first round pick (#8 overall)?

L.A. Playa
01-27-2006, 06:42 PM
my vote is based on who is projected to be available

RedEyE
01-27-2006, 06:43 PM
my vote is based on who is projected to be available

Right, as is most of the rest of us. Guesstimate. What do you think it will be?

Look at the list and project what you think will happen.

L.A. Playa
01-27-2006, 06:46 PM
I would say DT most likely Ngata, though would prefer Mario Williams but I would also prefer to make 100 million dollars a year but that most likey aint gonna happen this year

G. Host
01-27-2006, 06:49 PM
I'd move down if the Bills have the opprotunity else draft a lineman if they can't with reasonable compensation. Bills need depth with quality for their safeties are old and they need more linemen, both primary and backup.

Mr. Cynical
01-27-2006, 06:50 PM
"who would you like" and "who do you think" are two different questions....

I "think" it will be DT.
I'd "like" it to be Brick.

RedEyE
01-27-2006, 06:53 PM
"who would you like" and "who do you think" are two different questions....

I "think" it will be DT.
I'd "like" it to be Brick.

Changed it just for you :D

RedEyE
01-27-2006, 06:59 PM
I would say DT most likely Ngata, though would prefer Mario Williams but I would also prefer to make 100 million dollars a year but that most likey aint gonna happen this year

Funny you say that. This is how I see the draft if it were to happen tomorrow:

1) Houston - Reggie Bush RB
2) Saints - Matt Leinart QB
3) Titans - Vince Young QB
4) Jets - Brick Fergueson OT
5) Packers - Marcus McNeill OT
6) Raiders - Jimmie Williams CB/S
7) 49ers - Haloti Ngata DT

8) Bills - Hawk and Mario Williams are both available at the 8 spot. Personally, I would "like" to see them trade down. Perfect opportunity to do just that. What I think will happen is that Buffalo snags Mario Williams DE.

L.A. Playa
01-27-2006, 07:06 PM
hey that will be great for the Bills if what you wrote happens

Devin
01-27-2006, 07:08 PM
If Mario williams falls to us no question.

Personally with the amount of OL in FA this year I feel DL is where we should go with the 8th. That being said if both Hawk/Williams are gone at 8, id be happy trading down.

RedEyE
01-27-2006, 07:15 PM
I can also see the Packers making an attempt to move down. They need help in several areas. If Brick or one of the big QBs aren't available, it wouldn't suprise me to see them trade down.

The scenrio I painted above is assuming no one bites on an offer. If that happens, Green Bay will take OL. The new coach and GM will play it safe and fortify the line for Farve (if he even stays).

Farve staying or retiring can really change the way the Packers look at the draft, obviously.

They may even be forced to take Jay Cutler QB out of Vanderbilt, #5 over all.

That Guy
01-27-2006, 07:18 PM
I think Jay Cutler has moved into Jets/Raiders range... and Deangelo Williams has been getting special attention from the 49ers staff at the Senior Bowl. Both of these factors help us immensely. I don't think this gets us Brick, but it certainly could get us Mario Williams.

Devin
01-27-2006, 07:19 PM
A DL with Schobel-???-Adams-Williams would be nuts.

ICE74129
01-27-2006, 07:20 PM
I honestly sit. It is very rare you get the 8th pick or higher and we need to use it. It is well past time for the Bills scouts to find a guy worth the 8th pick.

I know as fans we feel there isn't many that fit into that #8 pick, but that is why we aren't GM's or scouts. Stay at #8 and find the right guy at #8.

RedEyE
01-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Marv loves versatile atheletes. If Jimmie Williams makes his way to the #8 spot, he would be a really difficult pick to pass up.

Bmax
01-27-2006, 08:01 PM

8) Bills - Hawk and Mario Williams are both available at the 8 spot. Personally, I would "like" to see them trade down. Perfect opportunity to do just that. What I think will happen is that Buffalo snags Mario Williams DE.

If the pack takes mcneil at 5 .. i will buy you dinner....I see them taking Lendale white, Mario williams or AJ Hawk..

The niners will desperate for LB'S since they will have 3 of them who will be free agents this season...Plus Gore is scheduled to have surgery .. so they will look at lb and rb.....

Ngata will be there at 8 ...the question is will brick or m. williams ?

Bmax

Bmax
01-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Young announced that he would throw at the combine ...that should be interesting ..I just hope ngata runs and lifts there...

Bmax

FlyingDutchman
01-27-2006, 08:06 PM

I agree with your top 4, but then I say-
Packers- Mario Williams or AJ Hawk
Raiders- Mario Williams or AJ Hawk (whoever doesnt get taken first)
49ers-Deangelo Williams
Bills-Ngata

Mr. Cynical
01-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Changed it just for you :D
:cheers:

RedEyE
01-27-2006, 08:25 PM
If the pack takes mcneil at 5 .. i will buy you dinner....I see them taking Lendale white, Mario williams or AJ Hawk..

The niners will desperate for LB'S since they will have 3 of them who will be free agents this season...Plus Gore is scheduled to have surgery .. so they will look at lb and rb.....

Ngata will be there at 8 ...the question is will brick or m. williams ?

Bmax

Sweet! I can eat a lot. Will you bring me flowers too? :flowers:

Devin
01-27-2006, 08:41 PM
If Cutler elevates himself into the top 10 we will have a shot at either Hawk or Williams I think.

I think the Jets take Brick, he and Mawae will be blocking for the precious pennington. If that happens Greenbay is probably a Hawk/Williams pick.

Oakland takes Cutler, and that leaves the 49ers in our way who I think will take Jimmy Williams.

Which would mean we would have our pick of Hawk, Mario Williams, or Ngata.

RedEyE
01-27-2006, 09:12 PM
If Cutler elevates himself into the top 10 we will have a shot at either Hawk or Williams I think.

I think the Jets take Brick, he and Mawae will be blocking for the precious pennington. If that happens Greenbay is probably a Hawk/Williams pick.

Oakland takes Cutler, and that leaves the 49ers in our way who I think will take Jimmy Williams.

Which would mean we would have our pick of Hawk, Mario Williams, or Ngata.

There has been a lot of talk recently of Cutler moving up to a top 5 slot. Unreal. One game makes a guys career.

That Guy
01-27-2006, 09:17 PM
There has been a lot of talk recently of Cutler moving up to a top 5 slot. Unreal. One game makes a guys career.
Plus a strong Senior Bowl week (and most likely his upcoming workouts)... many scouts (though not Kiper) are saying that he has a better arm than Leinart and should even be picked before him. I believe he will be selected before our #8 pick... which leaves us one more of the defensive players.

RedEyE
01-27-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm suprised no one voted QB yet.

RedEyE
01-27-2006, 09:24 PM
:rofl:

Paladin Warrior voted TE with the #8 over all.

Dr. Lecter
01-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Moving down, if the right deal is there, is great. This tean has numerous holes. To pick up an extra #2, with the extra #3 we already have, would be great. To move down and get the tackle from Miami or USC and an extra #2 would be great.

Dr. Lecter
01-27-2006, 09:40 PM
But if Brick is there, run like hell to draft him.

Bert102176
01-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Ngata is the guy

Bert102176
01-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Red Eye well we traded for Rob Johnson based upon one game showed how sometimes a team can be stoopid

FlyingDutchman
01-27-2006, 10:33 PM
But if Brick is there, run like hell to draft him.

I think he should be #1 to us if hes there for sure. Then Williams if Brick is gone. Then settle for Ngata if both are taken. IMO they will be gone. Gotta feelin were gettin Ngata unless somethin changes to the players between now and then...

TacklingDummy
01-28-2006, 12:29 AM
Best WR availble.

vicmantak
01-28-2006, 04:33 AM
If Ngata is not available, I would not mind if Marv Levy drafts real playmakers like Jay Cutler or Vernon Davis...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/jaycutler.html
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/te/vernondavis.html

dolphinssuck
01-28-2006, 06:39 AM
Brick or Williams either one.

Yasgur's Farm
01-28-2006, 09:54 AM
Package Willis McGahee and Eric Moulds for a #1....

1a - LenDale White, RB, USC, 6-2, 235, 4.49
1b - Jimmy Williams, CB/SS, VT, 6-2, 216, 4.42
2 - Hank Baskett, WR, NM, 6-3, 220, 4.54
3a - Offensive line
3b - Offensive line

Tag Clements... Keep him or trade him... If we trade, use that pick (1st, 2nd or 3rd) for the best CB available at that point.

Dump Lawyer Milloy.
Mike Williams takes a paycut or gets thrown on the heep.
Still undecided about Sam Adams, Chris Vilarrial & Mark Campbel.

Pick up 2 of the best FA O-linemen available.
Pick up a top #2 FA WR.

That Guy
01-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Package Willis McGahee and Eric Moulds for a #1....

1a - LenDale White, RB, USC
1b - Jimmy Williams, CB/SS, VT
2 - Hank Baskett, WR, NM
3a - Offensive line
3b - Offensive line

Tag Clements... Keep him or trade him... If we trade, use that pick (1st, 2nd or 3rd) for the best CB available at that point.

Dump Lawyer Milloy.
Mike Williams takes a paycut or gets thrown on the heep.

Pick up 2 of the best FA O-linemen available.
Pick up a top #2 FA WR.
And why would we trade Willis McGahee and Eric Moulds for the 3rd best running back in the draft?

Yasgur's Farm
01-28-2006, 10:17 AM
In my opinion LeDale White is the 2nd, if not the top, back in the draft. He's more of an every down back than is Reggie Bush.

Willis has no heart and Moulds has no sense of team to go along with his declining play.

Night Train
01-28-2006, 10:19 AM
If we find a partner, trade down. I would like to pick up DE Mario Williams with pick #8. If he's gone, accept any offer to move down. If we're unable to move down, then take the freak TE from Maryland, Vernon Davis. 6-3 1/2 255. Good blocker, great hands and a recorded 4.41 40.

Pick Daryn Colledge LT Boise St. in Round 2. Excellent pass blocker and improving run blocker. Could start at LT right away. Had a good week at the Senior bowl.

justasportsfan
01-28-2006, 10:34 AM
I think Marv will try to get his Bruce Smith. Then again, "run and stop the run"

DraftBoy
01-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Brick is falling on many draft boards and Cutler is rising real fast. Do not be surprised to see NYJ take Cutler for two reasons; 1. Pennington is near what he once was 2. Ensure Miami has Ferotte still as their starter next year.

1. HOU-Bush
2. NO-Leinart
3. TEN-Young
4. NYJ-Cutler
5. GB-Hawk
6. Oak-M. Williams
7. SF-D. Williams
8.BUF-Brick

Dr. Lecter
01-28-2006, 12:47 PM
Brick has been dominant at the Senior Bowl. Would he get by GB?

Saratoga Slim
01-28-2006, 01:04 PM
on whose draft boards is Brick falling? I don't read em all but haven't heard anything like that. I'm curious if this is true, lemme know. thanks

Saratoga Slim
01-28-2006, 01:07 PM
I wish we had a bigger need at LB. I'd love to see AJ Hawk next to Spikes and Fletcher. wow.

DraftBoy
01-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Brick missed time his senior year due to shoulder injuries and he didnt preform up to expectations, not to mention his size isnt ideal. For those reasons he has been falling somewhat. Not major drops he'll be top 10 if not top 5.

dolphinssuck
01-28-2006, 01:26 PM
I wish we had a bigger need at LB. I'd love to see AJ Hawk next to Spikes and Fletcher. wow. That would definitely be dominant in our defense. With Spikes IMO the best LN in the NFL snd London Fletcher these 2 are great if you add AJ Hawk man we would have a killer D.

RedEyE
01-28-2006, 09:19 PM
After his performance today, Cutler is definitly going in the top 5. I bet he even goes before Young.

Jeff Fisher was his coach at the Senior Bowl. Tennesee ?

Dozerdog
01-28-2006, 09:56 PM
I need names, not just positions.

Dozerdog
01-28-2006, 09:59 PM
I don't think the Titans will go with a QB- they have Volek in the wing making cheap money.

Tennesee still has a lot of cap headaches and can't afford a huge QB contract. They are the ones to trade down (if any happends) or take Brick.

I doubt they go DL since they spent their entire draft last season on DL

RedEyE
01-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Bills top 10 needs in order of severity:

1) OG
2) DT
3) OT
4) TE
5) S
6) QB
7) CB
8) RB
9) ILB
10) OLB

Ferrygoat
01-28-2006, 10:36 PM
I don't think the Titans will go with a QB- they have Volek in the wing making cheap money.

Tennesee still has a lot of cap headaches and can't afford a huge QB contract. They are the ones to trade down (if any happends) or take Brick.

I doubt they go DL since they spent their entire draft last season on DL
The Titans will definitely take a QB with the #3 pick, I bet they would love to have cutler, plus they worked him out all week at the senior bowl.

That Guy
01-28-2006, 10:49 PM

1) OG
2) DT
3) OT
4) TE
5) S
6) QB
7) CB
8) RB
9) ILB
10) OLB
I believe DE should be included somewhere in there.

Ferrygoat
01-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Yeah like if Mario Williams falls to us

RedEyE
01-28-2006, 10:52 PM

Yes it should. Thanks...

RedEyE
01-28-2006, 10:53 PM

1) OG
2) DT
3) OT
4) TE
5) DE
6) S
7) QB
8) CB
9) RB
10) ILB

tat2dmike77
01-28-2006, 10:55 PM
I honestly don't know but i felt bad for the QB spot since no body voted on it. I've had some beers tonight so i'm not making anysense but i think the bills should get AJ Hawk if he's there or maybe a corner to replace nate. Or De williams is availabel take him. Honestly i dunno

All I know is TD isn't picking sdo who cares

Iehoshua
01-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Here's an idea I heard from another Bills fan...

Trade Losman and our #8 to the Saints for their #2 and take Cutler. Losman goes home, we get a new "undisputed" QB.

That Guy
01-28-2006, 11:24 PM

Trade Losman and our #8 to the Saints for their #2 and take Cutler. Losman goes home, we get a new undisputed QB.
No rookie is undisputed.

Iehoshua
01-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Sorry, I forgot to put it in quotes. It was meant as sarcasm. ;)

Dozerdog
01-28-2006, 11:34 PM

Trade Losman and our #8 to the Saints for their #2 and take Cutler. Losman goes home, we get a new "undisputed" QB.Gotta love these whacky unrealistic trades.

It will cost the Bills a lot more than that to move up to the #2 slot.

Tatonka
01-28-2006, 11:53 PM
imho, brick was smart as hell for playing at the senior bowl.. he made himself a good chunk of money.

because this week.. he just went from a 5-10 overall to top 5 for sure.. he was that dominant all week.. LTs are prize possessions guys.. someone will take brick.. or someone will trade up to get him..

as much as he would probably help our line.. i really cant see him being there.

i also think that if williams has a big combine, which i am sure he will.. with his measurables.. (6'7" and just under 300 lbs.. runs 4.5 ish.. ) his stock will go through the roof tood.. DEs are just like LTs.. teams covet them.. those are the type of players that other teams will trade up to get.

i honestly believe that AJ Hawk will be there for the bills.. LBs just normally dont go that high.. it is so rare.. just like safeties.. the top safeties in our league (taylor, roy williams, polamalu, ed reed) all should have gone sooner, but they are safeties, and so they didnt..

guys like TKO and brooking went mid first round.. and TKO looked every bit as good as hawk in college..

i will be really surprised if hawk ISNT still there when we pick.. and while he is not a huge need, i believe he is such a dominant player, that it would be really tough to pass on him.

Iehoshua
01-29-2006, 12:07 AM
Gotta love these whacky unrealistic trades.

It will cost the Bills a lot more than that to move up to the #2 slot.
Losman, our #8th, and our 2nd rounder then, or next years 1st rounder... Wasn't my idea as I stated, just thought it sounded like an intriguing possibility...

:idunno:

Ferrygoat
01-29-2006, 04:05 AM
I cant see Brick going in the top 5, I think he is good enough to go that early but i dont see the jets taking him at #4 and packers @ #5 wont take him, i think there is a good possibility that brick, Hawk or Williams fall to the #8 pick, which will all be huge impact players for the bills.

Dr. Lecter
01-29-2006, 09:25 AM
Almost every mock I have seen have the Jets taking him at #4. Many say he could be the best player in the draft. A draft chat I was in on Wednesday night with a guy at the Senior Bowl said that the top 4 are pretty much set.

I just don't see Brick falling to #8.

Michael82
01-29-2006, 09:36 AM
If AJ Hawk is still there, I really want him. Our LBs are getting older and other than Crowell, our backups don't excite me.

Michael82
01-29-2006, 09:37 AM
I hope Brick gets taken before us, because I don't want to see another OT with a ridiculous contract. :ill:

Dr. Lecter
01-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Have you seen this guy Mikey? He is dominant.

And regardless of who is drafted, he will have a huge contract. Just because Williams did not pan out does not mean Brick won't.

Dozerdog
01-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Losman, our #8th, and our 2nd rounder then, or next years 1st rounder... Wasn't my idea as I stated, just thought it sounded like an intriguing possibility...

:idunno:

So, you find intriguing getting Cutler for what equates to 3 #1 picks (2005,2006, 2007 ), 2 #2s (2004,2006) , and 1 4th rd pick (2004)

For a guy who has a good as a resume as Losman did? And has prooven as much in the NFL?

Like I said- whacky trades. You would be better off getting Brees from San Diego. You would be wayyy better off building the rest of the team with the picks you're dumpin gand getting a stiff just to turn and hand ther ball off 45-50 times a game. A Dilfer type.

This isn't the Yankees where you can fix boneheaded deals by throwing more money at it.

Devin
01-29-2006, 12:33 PM
:eek:

Mahdi
01-29-2006, 12:38 PM
If AJ Hawk is still there, I really want him. Our LBs are getting older and other than Crowell, our backups don't excite me.
If we pick up Hawk then Fletcher will be released, Spikes will move to MLB and Crowell will move to SLB. That would obviously be an amazing LB core but it wouldnt be enough of an upgrade over Crowell-Fletcher-Spikes to warrant it. We would essentially be in the same position after having made the 8th overall pick in the draft. We need to make a pick that will drastically help our team, ie. DE, DT, OG. The problem with OG is that it would be too early for one at #8, and there are no DT IMO worth the #8 pick overall. That leaves DE.

ParanoidAndroid
01-29-2006, 01:05 PM
I said move down not because I think they actually will, but because I think they should.
We all know this team needs linemen on both sides of the ball. Quality linemen can be had in late round one and all the way into round three. An extra pick in round 2 and possibly more depending on how far down the trade went is preferable.
One possible scenario is a Miami trade up to get Cutler. The Lions are likely to be looking for a QB after years of the Harrington experiment and if Cutler is on the board, someone may bite on a trade. Other possible teams interested could include Minnesota, Dallas, and K.C.

Iehoshua
01-29-2006, 03:59 PM
So, you find intriguing getting Cutler for what equates to 3 #1 picks (2005,2006, 2007 ), 2 #2s (2004,2006) , and 1 4th rd pick (2004)

For a guy who has a good as a resume as Losman did? And has prooven as much in the NFL?

Like I said- whacky trades. You would be better off getting Brees from San Diego. You would be wayyy better off building the rest of the team with the picks you're dumpin gand getting a stiff just to turn and hand ther ball off 45-50 times a game. A Dilfer type.

This isn't the Yankees where you can fix boneheaded deals by throwing more money at it.
Chill man! Just because I found it intriguing doesn't mean you have to!

If you don't like it, simply ignore me! :peace: