X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Bates is a fool!

Why does he think that he'd be better off sitting for the year and then trying to get a head coaching job next year? Wouldn't teams be more interested in someone that was still involved in coaching for the year?
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: Bates is a fool!

Right, getting a ****load of money to do nothing is really dumb.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I wouldn't take a paycut to work if I could get my full salary doing nothing.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
        Why does he think that he'd be better off sitting for the year and then trying to get a head coaching job next year? Wouldn't teams be more interested in someone that was still involved in coaching for the year?
        I don't no mikey Marv was out of football for 8 years, look where he is now!
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• tat2dmike77
          Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
          • Dec 2005

I'd be happy with sitting on my arse and collecting my fat paycheck from my former employer for the year.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
            I wouldn't take a paycut to work if I could get my full salary doing nothing.
            He wouldn't get a paycut, he would get the money from Green Bay, plus whatever Ralph gives him.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
              I don't no mikey Marv was out of football for 8 years, look where he is now!
              That's different. Marv was buddies with Ralph and didn'tget the job he really wanted. I'm just saying...Jim Bates really wants to be a Head Coach, yet wasn't willing to take any DC jobs out there. Don't you think that a team next year would look more at the current DCs for a HC job, than a guy who sat out for a year, missing coaching, and missing a year of the NFL?

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                He wouldn't get a paycut, he would get the money from Green Bay, plus whatever Ralph gives him.
                That's right. This is one case when we can say that it isn't about the money because he's going to get at least what he was going to get from GB regardless.

Unless Bates feels that he is burned out or needs to spend more time with his family this year, I think that this is a pretty stupid move on his part. He may be hoping that he will get a shot at the Texans' DC job with Arizona not giving Houston permission to talk with the guy that they wanted to have share their DC job, but, considering Kubiak's remarks on that, I doubt that he will bring in Bates at this point...maybe, but it is a real gamble for Bates, hoping that Houston's owner will pay him more than he would get from Buffalo/Green Bay.
                Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                  That's right. This is one case when we can say that it isn't about the money because he's going to get at least what he was going to get from GB regardless.

Unless Bates feels that he is burned out or needs to spend more time with his family this year, I think that this is a pretty stupid move on his part. He may be hoping that he will get a shot at the Texans' DC job with Arizona not giving Houston permission to talk with the guy that they wanted to have share their DC job, but, considering Kubiak's remarks on that, I doubt that he will bring in Bates at this point...maybe, but it is a real gamble for Bates, hoping that Houston's owner will pay him more than he would get from Buffalo/Green Bay.
                  Maybe he's waiting to see what happens with Houston and then will come crawling back to Buffalo and take the offer?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

the Buffalo News says Houston is looking elsewhere:

Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                      • Mar 2005

Maybe he just doesn't want to live in Buffalo. Nothing against the town, people or team but it is cold there. Maybe a year in GB made him realize he doesn't want to be in the cold. Who knows. i spent 2 yeas in Rome, NY and it was not a bad place but man was it cold and snowy. Hell, when I PCS'd out of Griffiss AFB, my wife actually slid us off the road and into a ditch just outside of Buffalo. The road must have known I was a Fin fan

Comment

Working...
                      X