PDA

View Full Version : So Here's the deal

jmb1099
01-27-2006, 11:52 PM
I've been sitting here the past few days wondering what in the world is going on over at OBD. My mood has shifted from hopeful, to happy, to ticked off and on and on it goes. I cannot tell you how many times I have come to this site to read the news only to yell in frustration at what is or isn't happening. So as I sat tonight realizing that we probably aren't getting Bates, wondering why we are interviewing guys that haven't done anything, I had a "moment". The last time we had a really solid football organization was when Marv put together a coaching staff. We all know how this turned out but the question I finally asked myself was do I trust Marv's ability to help lead Jauron assembling a decent staff one more time. The honest answer is I don't know, but here's the deal...there isn't anything I can do about it which brought me to my final thought and that is this: come this season I will have a choice to root for or against the Bills, the team that I watched with my Dad growing up and hearing him curse and spit and say the exact same things about them then that we are now and guys I've gotta tell ya that no matter how much I may not like or understand the logic behind the decisions that are being made at OBD, I can't help but root for the Bills. I hope Marv knows what he's doing, truth be told its not looking good, I hope he brings us back to being a competitive team, but if not, as angry about it as I will be, when all is said and done, its still"Lets Go Buffalo"

The Spaz
01-28-2006, 12:16 AM
I think most of us here utter your sentiments exactly!:up::beers:

LifetimeBillsFan
01-28-2006, 01:52 AM
I've been sitting here the past few days wondering what in the world is going on over at OBD. My mood has shifted from hopeful, to happy, to ticked off and on and on it goes. I cannot tell you how many times I have come to this site to read the news only to yell in frustration at what is or isn't happening. So as I sat tonight realizing that we probably aren't getting Bates, wondering why we are interviewing guys that haven't done anything, I had a "moment". The last time we had a really solid football organization was when Marv put together a coaching staff. We all know how this turned out but the question I finally asked myself was do I trust Marv's ability to help lead Jauron assembling a decent staff one more time. The honest answer is I don't know, but here's the deal...there isn't anything I can do about it which brought me to my final thought and that is this: come this season I will have a choice to root for or against the Bills, the team that I watched with my Dad growing up and hearing him curse and spit and say the exact same things about them then that we are now and guys I've gotta tell ya that no matter how much I may not like or understand the logic behind the decisions that are being made at OBD, I can't help but root for the Bills. I hope Marv knows what he's doing, truth be told its not looking good, I hope he brings us back to being a competitive team, but if not, as angry about it as I will be, when all is said and done, its still"Lets Go Buffalo"

Excellent post! This is why I have remained a Bills fan for all of these 46 years. I just hope that once before I die they would win a Super Bowl for all of the people of Buffalo, WNY, Canada and elsewhere who have supported them at times like these!!!

FirstDownBills
01-28-2006, 08:38 AM

You people amaze me, and how exactly is it not looking good? Are you still sad over Bates not coming? Because I'm not, as Ice pointed out, the dude wouldn't stay here for more than a season because the guy wants a head coaching gig.

FirstDownBills
01-28-2006, 08:46 AM
Oh, and remember the three qualities of a good coach.

1) Good teacher
2) Is a straightshooter, and commands the respect of the players
3) Works well with everyone in the organization

The_Philster
01-28-2006, 02:49 PM
I have to wonder one major thing...why are people so hung up on Bates? Is it because he's got a familiar name? Someone called into WGR550 this afternoon and was talking about some good coaches that really should be kept from Mualrkey's staff...McNally (won't argue with that), Wyche (kinda disappointed he's gone, but he didn't perform any miracles), April (of course he had to stay), and Krumrie (who got little production out of his charges all year long for the most part) The host's response? Because they are familiar names. Now I'm not saying yea or nay to Bates...like the idea of him coming in but it won't break my heart if someone else is chosen either..but I notice a lot of posters are acting as if it's Bates or nothing.

FirstDownBills
01-28-2006, 04:13 PM
I have to wonder one major thing...why are people so hung up on Bates? Is it because he's got a familiar name? Someone called into WGR550 this afternoon and was talking about some good coaches that really should be kept from Mualrkey's staff...McNally (won't argue with that), Wyche (kinda disappointed he's gone, but he didn't perform any miracles), April (of course he had to stay), and Krumrie (who got little production out of his charges all year long for the most part) The host's response? Because they are familiar names. Now I'm not saying yea or nay to Bates...like the idea of him coming in but it won't break my heart if someone else is chosen either..but I notice a lot of posters are acting as if it's Bates or nothing.

Philster: Remember if you're not negative about any of these hirings then you are BLINDLY following the team. :rolleyes:

jmb1099
01-28-2006, 04:27 PM
You people amaze me, and how exactly is it not looking good? Are you still sad over Bates not coming? Because I'm not, as Ice pointed out, the dude wouldn't stay here for more than a season because the guy wants a head coaching gig.
He appeared to be the best canidate for the job, maybe he's not. I didn't post anything doom and gloom, just calling it like I see it. Maybe Jauron will be a great coach, he really hasn't been up to this point and so that doesn't look good. Maybe they'll find great staff, I think they may have for oc, but other decent defensive minded coaches have already been taken and that doesn't look good, especially since one signed with a divisional rival. I'm sure you read my post to the end so you know my ending thought was to support the Bills no matter what. The last time Marv was a part of this organization we were succesful and so that gives me some hope, but the concerns are naturally still there. Doesn't make me any less or more a fan for being concerned.

tat2dmike77
01-28-2006, 04:30 PM
I say if bates doesn't want to come to buffalo then he can stickit straight up his arse sideways and rotate on it.

A good DC will jump at the idea to lead this team's D. The talent is there and so is the possibilty of take a D tha sucked last year and elevating it to the nest level in the nest few season. If bates wants to sit on his arse and collect his money fine with me.

Somebody is going to come in here and implement a scheme that will work. DJ is not going to just let the D go all to heck and back. When bates realizes that he mad a mistake then he will deal with. When he is out there in Arizona coaching the cardnails or whomever he will think well maybe buffalo wouldn't of been to bad.

I say forget about him. It's not he was going to make or break the staff anyway.

Typ0
01-28-2006, 04:34 PM
I remember when I used to watch games with my dad. He was a Bills fan but embarrassed. I was a Giants fan because that lended the drama. He died. The day that field goal was attempted I was rooting for the Giants. Then I moved to Buffalo. Now I get it. I guess I'm not a true fan.

jmb1099
01-28-2006, 04:34 PM
You raise an interesting point. If not Bates than who? I'm not saying there isn't anyone else, but as of now I don't see who that someone else might be. Some have suggested Cotrell and I suppose that's a possibility, but considering the way he left I doubt its a reality. So who then is left with any decent credentials?