• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

You've got to be kidding me

Seattle’s 12th man irks A&M
    Texas A&M officials are hot over what athletic director Bill Byrne termed Seattle's "brazen use of the 12th Man theme" in his Wednesday Internet column.
    A&M, whose own 12th Man tradition dates back to 1922, holds two trademark registrations on "12th Man." Secured in 1990 and 1996, the trademarks include entertainment services, "namely organizing and conducting intercollegiate sporting events," and products, such as caps, T-shirts, novelty buttons and jewelry. more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: You've got to be kidding me

The only good thing to ever come out of Texas was an empty bus

Go Seahawks

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

I hope the seahawks, Bears and Bills unite and fight this. Fuggin GROW UP! God I hate TexASS. I can't wait until my revamped sooners walk across the red river and beat ass on the 'defending champions' This October! Tuck Fexas

Comment

• Scumbag College
        • Oct 2002

I think the whole raising the 12th man flag is kinda hokey. Is Texas A&M owning the 12th man trademark like Pat Riley owning "Threepeat?"
        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• That Guy
          • Apr 2004

The 12th Man is sorta like Texas A&M's thing.

Seattle pushing it like this has been kinda lame anyways.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

I can't believe the Bills backed down. That's lame. We've always been known as the 12th man. Hell, we are on the wall of fame and there is nothing that Texas A&M can do about that.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
              Seattle’s 12th man irks A&M
              Texas A&M officials are hot over what athletic director Bill Byrne termed Seattle's "brazen use of the 12th Man theme" in his Wednesday Internet column.
              A&M, whose own 12th Man tradition dates back to 1922, holds two trademark registrations on "12th Man." Secured in 1990 and 1996, the trademarks include entertainment services, "namely organizing and conducting intercollegiate sporting events," and products, such as caps, T-shirts, novelty buttons and jewelry. more
              They trademarked "12th man" and the government let them? Why don't I just trademark the word "the"? That way, every time someone uses it I get massive royalties. The choices are to either pay out the ass to use my word, or restructure the whole language so it's not necessary. Good luck with that, suckers.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• lynobx
                • Jan 2005

I'm always amazed that common words and phrases are allowed to be trademarked, service marked or copyrighted.

The practice - particularly in cases like the the "12th Man," which is widely used by many teams at many levels - would seem almost unenforceable if someone would stand up and fight it in court.

Comment

• G. Host
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lynobx
                  I'm always amazed that common words and phrases are allowed to be trademarked, service marked or copyrighted.

The practice - particularly in cases like the the "12th Man," which is widely used by many teams at many levels - would seem almost unenforceable if someone would stand up and fight it in court.
                  It is only unenforceable if you have more money than person claiming copyright or are willing to go through courts for years and are lucky. Microsoft copyrighted "Internet Explorer" despite another company already having copyright (their original name was "Internet Exploder"). For years they tried "cease and desist" orders trying to bankrupt the other company but finally they gave up and bought out the rights from the other company.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                    Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                    The only good thing to ever come out of Texas was an empty bus

Go Seahawks
                    I disagree there are alot of good looking woman and shiner beer. Those are the only good things to come out of texas.

So basically load up a bus with shiner beer and some hot texas ladies and then nuke the whole state. Making sure that Jerry Jones is home in texas and the bomb is dropped directly on his house and or the room he is in at the time.

Comment

• AndreReed83
                      Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                      • Mar 2004

This doesn't really surprise me. You could draw someone's blood who has an undiscovered disease, patent the blood, and force that person to keep giving blood the rest of his/her life. No joke.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                      "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                        Sab and TD are insignificant
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        They trademarked "12th man" and the government let them? Why don't I just trademark the word "the"? That way, every time someone uses it I get massive royalties. The choices are to either pay out the ass to use my word, or restructure the whole language so it's not necessary. Good luck with that, suckers.
                        I'll just start using thee word thee *****...
                        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          Sab and TD are insignificant
                          • Sep 2002

Did you guys know that some college kid started the website www.pepsi.com, and Pepsi cola bought it off him for like 10 million?

I think maybe I'll do that.
                          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Throne Logic
                            Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            OK, that's friggin' scary. I was thinking this exact thing just prior to reading your post. I with you, man.

Notice, I didn't once use the word, "the", oh dammit. . .
                            Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                              Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                              • Dec 2005

I'm going to patten the alphabit so your all screwed. All letters will be mine and then everyone will have to pay me royalties.

Comment

Working...
                              X