PDA

View Full Version : I think many of us predicted this

The_Philster
01-28-2006, 04:34 AM
League will place eight games on its own network
The NFL will place eight prime-time Thursday and Saturday games on its NFL Network starting in the 2006 season, a senior league executive said.
The league had been negotiating intently in recent weeks with Comcast, the nation's largest cable operator, about putting games on what would be a reconstituted OLN network and expanding distribution of the NFL Network on Comcast systems, where it is carried on a digital tier. (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/article/0,2777,DRMN_23918_4422962,00.html)more (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/article/0,2777,DRMN_23918_4422962,00.html)

RedEyE
01-28-2006, 08:09 AM
Awesome! At least get it on Comcast.

Cntrygal
01-28-2006, 09:52 AM
I don't like Thursday or Saturday games.

Don't Panic
01-28-2006, 10:14 AM
I love it... spread it out. I always wondered why they never went with Friday night football. Now we'll be able to watch 6 games a week without the package during certain weekends... nothing wrong with that!

Michael82
01-28-2006, 10:28 AM
BOOOOO! :down:

Time Warner better get their act together and offer NFL Network, or they will lose tons of customers. :mad:

G. Host
01-28-2006, 10:42 AM
I love it... spread it out. I always wondered why they never went with Friday night football. Now we'll be able to watch 6 games a week without the package during certain weekends... nothing wrong with that!

They did not go for Fridays or Saturdays originally because of football played in high school and colleges. They did not want to miss ticket sales and later have it affect ratings.

That Guy
01-28-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm a big fan of Sunday football. I think there's more of a special feeling to it and makes the sport unique. It just feels to me like games lose their value when you watch them every day.

The Natrix
01-28-2006, 11:10 AM

Time Warner better get their act together and offer NFL Network, or they will lose tons of customers. :mad:

:lolpoint: Mikey

Mitchy moo
01-28-2006, 11:16 AM
I'm a big fan of Sunday football. I think there's more of a special feeling to it and makes the sport unique. It just feels to me like games lose their value when you watch them every day.

At least if your teams play like thursday you can spend a weekend with family instead of planning aroung the game, i like it.

That Guy
01-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Fall Sundays = Football.

What makes the NFL think they can play god?

The Natrix
01-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Is it 8 on Thursday and 8 on Saturday or 8 total?

The_Philster
01-28-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm guessing total

tat2dmike77
01-28-2006, 02:20 PM

TW is pissing me off i want NFL NETWORK or i'm getting a dish and sunday ticket

The_Philster
01-28-2006, 02:24 PM

They lost me last summer when I switched to DirecTV...don't even need Sunday Ticket when local channels are available :D

G. Host
01-28-2006, 02:32 PM

Eight I think.

NFL talked about allowing flexibility to move 8 games at end of year into different slots so I think the NFL will originally schedule games on Sundays and 8 fanbases will be screwed moving their games to Saturday or Thursday disrupting their plans. I for one am not planning on going until any games in last half of year until they decide. I already lost money last year planning on going to New Orleans.

The_Philster
01-28-2006, 02:35 PM
The moved games will be moved to Sunday nights...to make the NBC SNF package the marquee game...like ABC's MNF package used to be

G. Host
01-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Whether they move them to Thursday, Saturday or Sunday night I am not booking any games 2nd half of season due to rules. It is a BAD policy and NFL is screwing those who buy tickets especially out of town ticket buyers.

The_Philster
01-28-2006, 02:50 PM
I hear that...I'm gonna have to make sure I have vacation days scheduled for the day after each of the late season home games...just in case

HAMMER
01-28-2006, 02:56 PM

You have no choice but to move, or have no cable.

tat2dmike77
01-28-2006, 03:01 PM
They lost me last summer when I switched to DirecTV...don't even need Sunday Ticket when local channels are available :D

Well i live in columbus and i have to goto a bar to wacth bills games

G. Host
01-28-2006, 03:31 PM
I hear that...I'm gonna have to make sure I have vacation days scheduled for the day after each of the late season home games...just in case

Many of the late season games I fly to since driving through PA is tricky in winter; often I will fly back Sunday night (I am suprised there are not more flights) or Monday morning but when I start working shift work I will either get weekend or Monday off making those games impossible.

superbills
01-29-2006, 12:17 AM

To preface this, this is pure speculation on my part, but here's what I figure. The Adelphia to Time Warner transfer is set to take place in March. Adelphia currently offers NFLN and I have heard that TW will not be axing any of the offerings that current Adelphia customers enjoy. Having said that, once TW takes over it would stand to reason that they would offer up NFLN to all of their customers, since they will have to pay the franchising fees anyway. I'm kinds hping so because my dish is driving me nuts. Buffalo weather + Satellite Dish = Loss of signal while watching favorite programs :mad:

Anyway, just a thought on my part, trying to shed some positive light on the situation for ya :up:

Spiderweb
01-29-2006, 12:24 AM

Me too, but maybe I'm just getting too set in my ways....

Michael82
01-29-2006, 09:09 AM
To preface this, this is pure speculation on my part, but here's what I figure. The Adelphia to Time Warner transfer is set to take place in March. Adelphia currently offers NFLN and I have heard that TW will not be axing any of the offerings that current Adelphia customers enjoy. Having said that, once TW takes over it would stand to reason that they would offer up NFLN to all of their customers, since they will have to pay the franchising fees anyway. I'm kinds hping so because my dish is driving me nuts. Buffalo weather + Satellite Dish = Loss of signal while watching favorite programs :mad:

Anyway, just a thought on my part, trying to shed some positive light on the situation for ya :up:
I hope you are right. :pray: We tried the dish thing too, but we kept losing the damn signal all the time. The rain, and snow drove me nuts. :mad: