PDA

View Full Version : What about this guy for DC?

Michael82
01-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Dave McGinnis, a 32-year coaching veteran, enters his second season with the Titans as the club’s linebacker coach.
McGinnis has 19 seasons of NFL experience, including three and a half years as the head coach for the Arizona Cardinals. One of the most respected defensive minds in the game, McGinnis directed the Cardinals defense as their defensive coordinator from 1996 to 2000.
Last year, McGinnis led a group that was decimated by injury – losing Peter Sirmon for the season during training camp and both Rocky Calmus and Rocky Boiman missing the significant time as well. Keith Bulluck continued his development as one of the finest linebackers in the NFL. Bulluck led the team in tackles and posted a career-high five sacks. McGinnis helped Brad Kassell become an every down linebacker and rank second on the team in tackles.
As defensive coordinator in Arizona, he led a group that produced three Pro Bowlers in CB Aeneas Williams, DT Eric Swann and DE Simeon Rice. Rice also earned AP Rookie of the Year honors in 1996 and tallied 51.5 sacks in his tenure with the team, including a franchise record 16.5 sacks in 1999. His 1998 defense helped lead Arizona to the playoffs and ranked third in the league in takeaways with 39. He totaled 16 wins (16-33) in three full seasons as head coach.
McGinnis built his reputation and knowledge during a 10-year (1986-95) stint with the Chicago Bears as a linebackers coach, where he worked with one of the best linebacker corps in the game: Mike Singletary, Wilber Marshall and Otis Wilson. He coached Hall of Famer Mike Singletary for seven of his 12 years in the league with each ending in a trip to the Pro Bowl. During his tenure in Chicago, the Bears advanced to the playoffs six times and the defense finished in the top six of the NFL in defense six times, including a first or second place ranking three times.

http://www.titansonline.com/team/coaches/staff.php?PRKey=5

Michael82
01-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Oh, nevermind...Looks like they already stopped the Packers from talking to him. :mad:

The Tennessee Titans denied McCarthy permission to speak with assistant head coach/linebackers coach Dave McGinnis.

http://www.packersnews.com/archives/news/pack_24380218.shtml

Bmax
01-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Yep I posted this about a month ago....i also like marshall....I doubt jauron will bring in the guy who almost got the job. in chicago over him...

Bmax

Michael82
01-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Yep I posted this about a month ago....i also like marshall....I doubt jauron will bring in the guy who almost got the job. in chicago over him...

Bmax
There's no point in waiting for Marshall, unless we get word from Sherman that we will be able to interview him after the Super Bowl. :pray:

Mudflap1
01-28-2006, 12:23 PM
McGinnis would be a great choice.

Jon