PDA

View Full Version : Why gray wasn't retained.

ICE74129
01-28-2006, 11:19 AM
A little birdie told me that gray was not liked by any of the old staff at all. Had MM Stayed MM was going to release him as well.

The funny part? Gray always refered to himself in the 3rd person! I can here it now 'The gray says, I am gonna check your miami dolphin asses into the smack down hotel!' :roflmao:

Michael82
01-28-2006, 11:35 AM
A little birdie told me that gray was not liked by any of the old staff at all. Had MM Stayed MM was going to release him as well.

The funny part? Gray always refered to himself in the 3rd person! I can here it now 'The gray says, I am gonna check your miami dolphin asses into the smack down hotel!' :roflmao:
Gray had problems with Mularkey all the time, from what I read in an earlier article. Basically Gray wanted to be left alone completely. I think that TD forced Mularkey to keep Gray, and he didn't want to.

ICE74129
01-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Gray had problems with Mularkey all the time, from what I read in an earlier article. Basically Gray wanted to be left alone completely. I think that TD forced Mularkey to keep Gray, and he didn't want to.

That would be about correct!

Saratoga Slim
01-28-2006, 11:57 AM
that attitude was clearly not going to work with the new crowd at OBD

G. Host
01-28-2006, 12:01 PM
that attitude was clearly not going to work with the new crowd at OBD
If Ralph was as cheap as some claim he and the whole defense staff would be still working for Bills since they were under contract.

billsburgh
01-29-2006, 08:48 PM
that's what Mularkey's agent said in an interview I heard on the radio.

Night Train
01-30-2006, 05:56 AM
He certainly wasn't popular with the fan base. I'd have to think the players didn't believe in him either.

It was just frustrating to watch his schemes which rarely worked. Lining up the DE's 5 yards wide of the OT's. Then blitzing LB's/Safties outside of the DE's. Meanwhile the CB's are playing 8 yards off the WR's. The results were predictable.

1. The middle of the line was thin. RB's were tackled by Fletcher after gaining 8 yards.
2. If it was a pass, the WR would run a slant across the middle to find himself all alone. Once he caught the ball, it was another 15 yards before a Bill even appeared within 5 yards of him.
3. TE's would slip off the line and be wide open down the middle.

His D prevented the bomb but routinely gave up big gains underneath. His schemes were terrible and easily exploited.

I'll be anything the D players are happy to see him go.

Mitchy moo
01-30-2006, 06:01 AM

A little birdie told me, cheap cheap cheap.

Michael82
01-30-2006, 09:39 AM
He certainly wasn't popular with the fan base. I'd have to think the players didn't believe in him either.

It was just frustrating to watch his schemes which rarely worked. Lining up the DE's 5 yards wide of the OT's. Then blitzing LB's/Safties outside of the DE's. Meanwhile the CB's are playing 8 yards off the WR's. The results were predictable.

1. The middle of the line was thin. RB's were tackled by Fletcher after gaining 8 yards.
2. If it was a pass, the WR would run a slant across the middle to find himself all alone. Once he caught the ball, it was another 15 yards before a Bill even appeared within 5 yards of him.
3. TE's would slip off the line and be wide open down the middle.

His D prevented the bomb but routinely gave up big gains underneath. His schemes were terrible and easily exploited.

I'll be anything the D players are happy to see him go.
Didn't some of the players argue with him too? He never used Sam Adams the right way, and that pissed Sam off. Plus, I know the CBs have *****ed about the way they are off the receiver so much.

ICE74129
01-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Didn't some of the players argue with him too? He never used Sam Adams the right way, and that pissed Sam off. Plus, I know the CBs have *****ed about the way they are off the receiver so much.

Yeah the guy flat sucked, but the fans want to say 'but we were #2 in 04' while ignoring the FACT we played the easiest schedule against the crappiest teams.

Jeff1220
01-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Yeah the guy flat sucked, but the fans want to say 'but we were #2 in 04' while ignoring the FACT we played the easiest schedule against the crappiest teams.

The defense improved and then declined as a result of the signing and departure of Dick LeBeau. Add the easy sched and it gave the illusion that Gray was pretty darn good. This year, his defense was exposed for what it was.

Michael82
01-30-2006, 01:04 PM
The defense improved and then declined as a result of the signing and departure of Dick LeBeau. Add the easy sched and it gave the illusion that Gray was pretty darn good. This year, his defense was exposed for what it was.
Exactly!

ICE74129
01-30-2006, 02:46 PM

:limpclap:

BAM
01-30-2006, 03:45 PM
The BAM says screw Gray! Adios.