PDA

View Full Version : Bob Babich promoted to assistant HC

G. Host
01-28-2006, 12:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2308813

The Bills sought permission earlier this week to interview Babich for the coordinator spot on coach Dick Jauron's staff. There were rumors that other teams as well, most notably the Detroit Lions, might want to meet with Babich about staff openings. The promotion to assistant head coach all but ensures Babich will remain with the Bears at least through the 2006 season.

I find it ironic that a former head coach of a team would try to raid the staff of the coach whp replaced him.

Michael82
01-28-2006, 01:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2308813

The Bills sought permission earlier this week to interview Babich for the coordinator spot on coach Dick Jauron's staff. There were rumors that other teams as well, most notably the Detroit Lions, might want to meet with Babich about staff openings. The promotion to assistant head coach all but ensures Babich will remain with the Bears at least through the 2006 season.

I find it ironic that a former head coach of a team would try to raid the staff of the coach whp replaced him.
I don't. IMO, Dick Jauron is just looking for the best coach available to become DC. Babich would have been a good choice. So, Jauron went after him. Too bad that they locked him up and said no to us interviewing him.

DieHrdBillsFan23
01-28-2006, 02:05 PM
Ok so if chicago locked up babich for asst. head coach, why not do the same with there DC right now. I mean, lets us talk to Ron Rivera and give him the DC job as well as the Asst head coach. He was a guy considered for many openings this year for a Head Coaching position. What he did with Chicago this year was amazing, and bringing him here would be awesome. Also, i do believe he was on the staff of Jauron when he was in chicago, just not as there DC. It would be possible the best DC left and a huge upgrade for our Defensive Coaching spot.