PDA

View Full Version : Senior Bowl

Bmax
01-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Byrd and the colorado te klopenstein look good. Also winton is getting whipped by Tapp from va tech.

Bmax

DraftBoy
01-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Gilles looks awesome as does Moss

DraftBoy
01-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Hackney also looks really good since he started slow, I really like his game

Ferrygoat
01-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Hackney also looks really good since he started slow, I really like his game
I thought he looked pretty bad in the game except for like one or two throws, one being the TD pass, ill agree that pass was nice

Tatonka
01-28-2006, 11:36 PM
i thought tapp played great.. as a tech alum.. i would love to see tapp in a bills uni and be successful.. but i just dont know how to use the guy.. he is not going to make it i dont think at DE.. he is just so light.. but i love the way he plays..

he really reminds me a lot of corey moore, who some of you will remember, the bills drafted in the 3rd round several years back.. he was as dominant as any DE in college.. broke all of bruce smiths records.. then no one ever figured out how to use in him in the nfl.. we tried him at DE then LB.. neither worked.. then he got shot in that "car jacking" and i think we cut him shortly after.

DraftBoy
01-28-2006, 11:41 PM
I remember Moore, I was pumped when we picked him too bad he lacked the bulk to play in the NFL. Tapp was dominant today but Im not sure I want him bc Moore scares me away.

Tatonka
01-28-2006, 11:56 PM
yeah.. tapp and moore are very close in the style of player they are..

moore was faster, but not as strong.. but both were just those undersized DEs that just dominated in college.. but it clearly doesnt mean they will be good in the nfl..

i really just dont know where to use tap.. i think if he gets lucky and a team like baltimore takes him and uses him like suggs.. he could be a great pick.. but i think he would be worthless to a 4-3 team.

pittsburg could probably get him at some point, and he would fit there well too.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-29-2006, 02:12 AM
Did any of you see Darryn Colledge of Boise State? He played a lot at left tackle for the North in the second half.

For a guy rated to go in the second round, I was very impressed by him--much more so than by Winston or McNeill. He did get beat a couple of times, but not for a sack--in one case the QB threw the ball before Colledge's man got to him and, in the other, the QB was already going down in the arms of the other DE before Colledge's man got there. And, he did, I think, miss a couple of blocks on runs that he might have made (in one case it might not have been his assignment, in the other it was a block on the second level and the third was on a roll-block that the defender jumped over after he was hit). Still, while he isn't as imposing a figure as some of the other OTs in that game, he was very consistent in getting into his opponents body and very good agility on both run and pass blocks. For the most part, pass-blocking, his man did not get close to the QB and he made a number of solid, although not overpowering blocks in the run game. He was consistently getting to the second level on run blocks and did a good job of hitting people there. He also kept moving and trying to hit defenders right up to the whistle.

While D'Brickashaw Ferguson was the best offensive lineman in the game, IMO, I felt that Jonathan Scott and Colledge were the two best left tackles (I focused almost exclusively on LOTs and DTs) after him in that game (Jean-Gilles was very impressive at OG). I thought that McNeill was terrible and Winston was inconsistent, especially against a speed-rusher like Tapp, and would have liked to see more of Trueblood. I also liked the North's centers, although I thought Bunkley played well at DT. Despite being pan-caked by Jean-Gilles, I also thought Gabe Watson did a decent job as well.

I didn't particularly pay much attention to the players at the other positions, but a couple of others stood out: the safety from West Virginia, Kloppenstein the TE from Colorado, Howard the LB from UTEP, Ryans the LB from Alabama and the TE from USC. This looks like it's going to be a great draft for TEs--and thank goodness it is because the WRs were truly unimpressive. Other than Hagan and Moss, it didn't seem like they were able to get open consistently. Hagan looks to me like he's going to be a big disappointment for some NFL team because he doesn't catch the ball with his hands very well--maybe someone can teach him, but, if he doesn't have that down by now, that could be a problem on the next level. I was expecting to see more from him, but he's too inconsistent right now.

tonyc37
01-29-2006, 10:50 AM
If Whitehurst is ther in the 5th round I think I'd take him.He showed good awareness in the pocket and made good decisions.A classic pocket passer with a good arm.They say Matthews is goin to retire,Whitehurst would be a good number three.Could be a solid player in a couple of years.

tonyc37
01-29-2006, 10:51 AM
The OL from Pitt looked pretty good although he is a guard ,but played all the line positions at Pitt.Has a lot of upside and good size.Held his own in the game

Night Train
01-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Did any of you see Darryn Colledge of Boise State? He played a lot at left tackle for the North in the second half.

For a guy rated to go in the second round, I was very impressed by him--much more so than by Winston or McNeill. He did get beat a couple of times, but not for a sack--in one case the QB threw the ball before Colledge's man got to him and, in the other, the QB was already going down in the arms of the other DE before Colledge's man got there. And, he did, I think, miss a couple of blocks on runs that he might have made (in one case it might not have been his assignment, in the other it was a block on the second level and the third was on a roll-block that the defender jumped over after he was hit). Still, while he isn't as imposing a figure as some of the other OTs in that game, he was very consistent in getting into his opponents body and very good agility on both run and pass blocks. For the most part, pass-blocking, his man did not get close to the QB and he made a number of solid, although not overpowering blocks in the run game. He was consistently getting to the second level on run blocks and did a good job of hitting people there. He also kept moving and trying to hit defenders right up to the whistle.

While D'Brickashaw Ferguson was the best offensive lineman in the game, IMO, I felt that Jonathan Scott and Colledge were the two best left tackles (I focused almost exclusively on LOTs and DTs) after him in that game (Jean-Gilles was very impressive at OG). I thought that McNeill was terrible and Winston was inconsistent, especially against a speed-rusher like Tapp, and would have liked to see more of Trueblood. I also liked the North's centers, although I thought Bunkley played well at DT. Despite being pan-caked by Jean-Gilles, I also thought Gabe Watson did a decent job as well.

I didn't particularly pay much attention to the players at the other positions, but a couple of others stood out: the safety from West Virginia, Kloppenstein the TE from Colorado, Howard the LB from UTEP, Ryans the LB from Alabama and the TE from USC. This looks like it's going to be a great draft for TEs--and thank goodness it is because the WRs were truly unimpressive. Other than Hagan and Moss, it didn't seem like they were able to get open consistently. Hagan looks to me like he's going to be a big disappointment for some NFL team because he doesn't catch the ball with his hands very well--maybe someone can teach him, but, if he doesn't have that down by now, that could be a problem on the next level. I was expecting to see more from him, but he's too inconsistent right now.

Agree completely with you views on the OT's. I watched the drills on Tuesday and Wednesday. Scott and Colledge were both very good in pass blocking. Both are quick out of their stance and showed excellent technique. Colledge needs to improve in run blocking but isn't bad. Has a ton of upside. Scott showed a good pop in run blocking and seems to already have a good all around game.
Gilles at Guard just dominated. He did come in fat ( 358lbs ) and will need to show up for the Indy combine somewhat lighter. Still, his quickness and ability to just bury people inside is something our roster is crying for. Spencer of Pitt was another OG who impressed .

People were trying to make a case for DT Gabe Watson of Michigan. He did show something but I noticed in drills he constantly was jumping offsides. Does he have it upstairs ? Was tagged with the "lazy" label in college. Beware.

DraftBoy
01-29-2006, 01:49 PM
I completely dislike Watson and he has a big red WARNING sign on him for me. Looks lazy and lacks heart.