PDA

View Full Version : Bills tackling an off-season full of difficult decisions

The_Philster
01-29-2006, 03:56 AM
New Buffalo Bills coach Dick Jauron, hired last week to replace Mike Mularkey, hasn't been on the job long enough to make a determination on what kind of schemes he'll be running offensively and defensively next fall. But even before he began studying tape and analyzing the players he inherited, he did know that he will tailor systems that fit the personnel already in place or that is yet to arrive via the college draft and free agency. more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060129/SPORTS03/601290335/1007/SPORTS)

ddaryl
01-29-2006, 04:55 AM
Well that should make alot of people happy. A coach who devises schemes ot match personnel i s what many here have been screaming for, instead of a coach who sticks to a scheme and forces the palyers ot perform in it.

In the era of FA, having the ability to match scheme to talent is what seperates many of the subpar coaches from the sucessful ones

ICE74129
01-29-2006, 08:10 AM
It seems to me the hiring of Fairchild means JP gets every shot in the world to be the QB. If the Vets don't like it....They wont' be here.

X-Era
01-29-2006, 10:13 AM
It seems to me the hiring of Fairchild means JP gets every shot in the world to be the QB. If the Vets don't like it....They wont' be here.

I agree, but that take is a bit harsh. I think its a simple thing like:

Jauron looks at who he has at QB, likes what he sees in JP and is willing to develop him ON The field.

If Vets start *****ing, they are NOT HIS picks or HIS favorites and the get spanked for not embracing the teams direction.

Jauron has NO reason to be forced to listen to the whiny vets unlike an inexperienced Mularkey who's most respected WR Moulds started questioning him and who's team was terrible enough that if he didnt cow down at some level, it would have turned into anarchy.

Jauron walks in day one deserving respect as a HC with experience. He doesnt have to take jack squat from the whiners. AND, if the moves we think are going to be made, O and D line, then even mediocre results from JP will get the team behind him. It worked for Hole-cumb this year after all.

New GM, New HC, new Coord's. There isnt a SINGLE vet on this squad who can think they are above the coaches or that they are SAFE in their positions. If they want to play for us, they will keep their mouths shut, if they dont. THIS regime that has stated CHARACTER above all else, will have no trouble heading in a different direction.

I seriously dont think the vets will be a problem this year, they know that the slate is clean and there are no favorites at this point.