PDA

View Full Version : Time for bates to crap or get off of the pot.

ICE74129
01-30-2006, 07:22 AM
I read an article this weekend that said Bates hasn't fully decided yet. I am starting to think he is screwing with the Bills. Make him decide today or move on.

NorthCarBills
01-30-2006, 07:27 AM
I saw that on one of the Bills reporting sites too. It's hard to believe that the Bills by now have not posted a statement saying that he's no longer in the running, just so it does not weaken the chance to hire or draw interest from other key candidates.

But all in all, I'm in agreement with others who see this guy as leaving in a year anyway, forcing the Bills to start over with another coordinator in 2007.

Can someone explain how that works anyway? Say we hire Bates on a 3 year deal. If someone wants to hire him as head coach, is he automatically free to abandon that contract? Thanks

ICE74129
01-30-2006, 08:09 AM
I saw that on one of the Bills reporting sites too. It's hard to believe that the Bills by now have not posted a statement saying that he's no longer in the running, just so it does not weaken the chance to hire or draw interest from other key candidates.

But all in all, I'm in agreement with others who see this guy as leaving in a year anyway, forcing the Bills to start over with another coordinator in 2007.

Can someone explain how that works anyway? Say we hire Bates on a 3 year deal. If someone wants to hire him as head coach, is he automatically free to abandon that contract? Thanks

If it is for a greater position like Asst HC and DC or HC period

NorthCarBills
01-30-2006, 08:41 AM
Thanks Ice.

So IMO hiring Bates (though he is a good coordinator) would be a bad move for the Bills. We need some stability in this organization more than anything, and this hiring would be a one step forward, two steps back type move.

ICE74129
01-30-2006, 08:51 AM
I am with you 100%. The fact he has taken this long means he needs to be dropped. Unless he will sign something where he agrees not to even interview for other positions for 2 years, I don't want him.

Saratoga Slim
01-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Yup. unless he signs a restrictive covenant I don't want him. this organization needs energy, and a coach who is only using his position as a time-filler is not going to bring that.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-30-2006, 09:13 AM
Meanwhile, the Bills still were waiting to hear if former Green Bay assistant Jim Bates was going to become their defensive coordinator. A representative for Bates said Thursday evening the coach still was "mulling things over." http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060127/1006628.asp

Michael82
01-30-2006, 12:54 PM
Meanwhile, the Bills still were waiting to hear if former Green Bay assistant Jim Bates was going to become their defensive coordinator. A representative for Bates said Thursday evening the coach still was "mulling things over." http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060127/1006628.asp
Come on Bates....say yes today. Please. :pray:

Mitchy moo
01-30-2006, 03:03 PM
He got off the pot.