PDA

View Full Version : Will JP Losman be a member of the Buffalo Bills in 2006?

Ebenezer
01-30-2006, 08:03 AM
It would cost the Bills $3.1 million to cut/trade and/or waive JP Losman, regardless when they do it (all bonus money escalates regardless when he is cut). For that reason alone I feel JP is on the roster for at least another year...might as well let him start.

lordofgun
01-30-2006, 08:03 AM
Ummm...yes.

The_Philster
01-30-2006, 08:04 AM
If he isn't then the decision makers need to be committed..it's very rare that a QB shows that he's definitively good or bad without giving him a chance

TigerJ
01-30-2006, 08:06 AM
I never thought that was a question. Of course he is.

ICE74129
01-30-2006, 08:08 AM
JP will be the starter this year.

Novacane
01-30-2006, 08:17 AM
You got this crap off WGR55. I turned it on, heard what a stupid topic they were discussing and turned it right back off :rolleyes:

Ebenezer
01-30-2006, 08:19 AM
You got this crap off WGR55. I turned it on, heard what a stupid topic they were discussing and turned it right back off :rolleyes:
so what?? shouldn't Bills fans discuss this?

Novacane
01-30-2006, 08:26 AM
We can discuss it but it's ridiculas. I agree with Phil. Noone knows if he's gonna be good or not yet. They would be really stupid to cut him.

Ebenezer
01-30-2006, 08:33 AM
So? It's something to discuss...you have a better topic start a thread...

I know it isn't the best topic to talk about...they yakked about it for almost 2.5 hours this morning until somebody called with the salary cap numbers...:ontome:

...not one word since.

Bill Cody
01-30-2006, 08:48 AM
It would cost the Bills $3.1 million to cut/trade and/or waive JP Losman, regardless when they do it (all bonus money escalates regardless when he is cut). For that reason alone I feel JP is on the roster for at least another year...might as well let him start.

What's the cap impact next year?:(

Ebenezer
01-30-2006, 08:51 AM
What's the cap impact next year?:(
If cut this year
2006 - Approx. $3.5 mil

If cut next year
2007 - Approx. $1.9 mil

ICE74129
01-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Yeah and that isn't a 'well we actually save X amount' either. It is a flat cap hit.

Bill Cody
01-30-2006, 09:00 AM
If cut this year
2006 - Approx. $3.5 mil

If cut next year
2007 - Approx. $1.9 mil

1.9m isn't that bad. Cap hit aside, we all know he's going to be here this year. Let him play.

justasportsfan
01-30-2006, 09:06 AM
He stays. If we get a proven qb, they are bound to cost more. The guys has a huge upside that I think Faichild can develop if he indeed was responsible for the likes of Bulgers development. JP has the physical tools and all he needs is the ability to make better decisions with the ball that can be taught by a good coach.

Marv would be stupid to just let him go for nothing.

Meathead
01-30-2006, 12:44 PM
It's something to discuss...you have a better topic start a thread...

i wonder how head lice reproduces?

Michael82
01-30-2006, 01:00 PM
Dumbest Thread EVER! :down:

TacklingDummy
01-30-2006, 01:11 PM
He stay this year, will be cut or traded next year.

Michael82
01-30-2006, 01:12 PM
:shakeno:

PromoTheRobot
01-30-2006, 04:20 PM

Congratulations! You may well be the FIRST poster to suggest cutting JP Losman! Reading these message boards you think you have seen or read it all, but then - WHAM! - along comes someone who reaches a yet undiscovered level of absurdity! You know, sniffing glue is just plain bad for you.

PTR

lordofgun
01-30-2006, 04:24 PM
That what happens when you listen to too much WGR. :ill:

DraftBoy
01-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Losman will be given his 1st and last real chance with Buffalo. He was not a Levy pick and is not a Juaron type player, like Eb said his cap hit next year is not too bad, so I could see him struggling this year and being cut next. Good topic Eb, makes you think.

DaBills
01-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Ebe's right. All topics are fair game this time of year. Just wait a month when we’re still talking about the freakin' combine or how Pittsburgh lost the SB by a freakin' FG!!!! (Oh ****, didn't mean to give away the result.) Then we'll be bumping this thread.

;-p

Yes, I think he'll be back. For a few reasons:

1) Every team wants to think they have the next Brady, Favre, Aikman or (insert star QB here). Quitting on JP right now would be dumber than Atlanta getting rid of Favre. Aikman went 1-15, and the one they did win that year, he didn't start. Before you flame the **** out of me, I'm not saying JP is the next Brady, etc. But, right now due to MM pulling him after four starts, we just don't know.

If we're kicking ourselves after watching him mess up in games as a rook, what will we be doing if he goes elsewhere and lights it up?

2) We gave RJ and DB how many years to turn it around? JP’s worst is no worse than their worst. That almost makes sense. Almost.

Even when Bledsoe was given the benefit of the doubt after an o-4 start into his final year, there was not one hint of even benching him. I'm still amazed that he escaped the hook the entire time here, when people like Brunell were benched for poor play.

3) If being too cocky is a complaint we hear about JP, then I have to hope he's using this whole time as motivation to get more competitive, learn from his mistakes and not blow his second chance.

The_Philster
01-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Marv as coach had a pretty cocky QB...both are immortalized in Canton

DraftBoy
01-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Are we really already compaing Losman to Kelly? I mean come on lets see the kid go on a winning streak first.

The_Philster
01-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Are we really already compaing Losman to Kelly? I mean come on lets see the kid go on a winning streak first.
no...not even close..but if people are complaining about the kid being a bit cocky, they should keep in mind that some pretty good QBs have also been cocky

DaBills
01-30-2006, 09:15 PM
no...not even close..but if people are complaining about the kid being a bit cocky, they should keep in mind that some pretty good QBs have also been cocky

Yep. I don't mind that aspect of the guy. That's actually my point. That if he's as cocky as advertised, fine. We should be able to count on that as the main thing driving him to want to play better.

tat2dmike77
01-30-2006, 09:46 PM
but if people are complaining about the kid being a bit cocky, they should keep in mind that some pretty good QBs have also been cocky

Remember a guy name joe nameth he was a little cocky as well. Or how about terry bradshaw also cocky.

Point is in some cases it takes a little attitude to be a great player. Hell everyone loves all the wide recievers nowadays that sit there and proclaim thier greatness. Now all of the sudden were in love with Mike Irvin and Deion Sanders cause they started it.

It's ok for T.O and Chad Johnson to mouth off. Yeah they produce but it gets old. So why can't JP have a little attitude. I say run with it young man.

TacklingDummy
01-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Bradshaw, Namath and Kelly were winners. JP is a loser. Big difference.

DraftBoy
01-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Lots of cocky QB's have been proven losers too like Leif, McNown, and countless others if your gonna draw comparisons atleast show both sides of the table

TacklingDummy
01-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Doesn't fit the arguement.

tat2dmike77
01-30-2006, 10:07 PM

How can someone be called a loser that hasn't even played a full season yet?

TacklingDummy
01-30-2006, 10:11 PM
How can someone be compared with Manning, Kelly, Favre, Namath, Bradshaw, etc... when he hasn't even won 2 regular season football games yet? And yet to throw for 300 yards.

gr8slayer
01-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Bad fan.

lynobx
01-30-2006, 11:38 PM
A definite non-issue.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-31-2006, 03:30 AM

Were you even around when Bradshaw came into the NFL? If you were, you would know that Bradshaw struggled mightily when his first couple of years--if you said Bradshaw's name people from Pittsburgh would almost instantly say that TB had a great arm but was dumber than a rock! It took Bradshaw 3-4 years of starting before he began to look like a HOFer.

And, how many years did Kelly get to play in the USFL before coming into the NFL--years where he had a chance to start and play against lesser competition while he learned the game?

Even Namath wasn't a winner right away, although he developed faster than Bradshaw. And Namath had some decent players around him, too, including Matt Snell, Emerson Boozer and Don Maynard.

Your argument is a specious argument. Even the best QBs, guys like John Elway, will tell you that it takes a young QB a certain amount of playing time to get "IT"--sometimes as long as three years of starting--before the game slows down and they are able to see the field, know what to do and simply react properly. It varies from individual to individual. JP Losman has barely had a half of a season's worth of playing time in the regular season and it is way too early to determine whether he has what it takes to be a winning QB. And, without playing time, there is no way that he is going to be able to get "IT".

The Bills have too much invested in JP Losman and Marv Levy is a guy who understands too well that it takes time to develop a young QB for the Bills to dump JP this year or next. At this point, he is still at the beginning of the developmental process and it is too soon to tell what kind of QB he will ultimately become.

Michael82
01-31-2006, 08:08 AM
That what happens when you listen to too much WGR. :ill:
Yeah really. :puke: