PDA

View Full Version : (Real Deal) The 3-Round Complete NFL Mock Draft

patmoran2006
01-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Wrote a peice.... Thought you guys might be interested.

If you don't feel like reading the entire article, the four Bills I projected to go on day one are as follows:
Round 1- Winston Justice, OT (USC)
Round 2- Gabe Watson, DT (Michigan)
Round 3- Alex Zemaitis, CB (Penn State)
Round 3- Hank Baskett, WR (New Mexico)

Here is the link:
(Real Deal) The NFL 3-Round Mock Draft • FOX Sports Blog (http://blogs.foxsports.com/patmoran2006/2006/01/30/Real_Deal_The_NFL_3Round_Mock_Draft)

For cities like Houston, New Orleans, Green Bay and Buffalo (etc.) the NFL draft can’t approach rapidly enough. Unfortunately, April 29-30 is still many moons away- at least in football junkie’s minds.

But since 20 of the league’s 32 franchises have had draft day on their minds since the final gun sounded concluding the regular season, why wait to speculate on what will happen in April?

Of course, things are bound to change before Paul Tagliabue comes to the podium to announce the name of Reggie Bush.

Clubs that have certain needs now may fill them come March 3 when free agency starts. Then again, clubs that don’t’ have holes now at positions will need to fill them when they lose their own free agents to other lurking clubs.

Naturally, there’s always possible draft-day trades where some teams move and up and down the draft board.

Going on the presumption the draft board holds as-is, this is my three round 2006 NFL Mock Draft. Comments are welcome, unless you disagree with anything.

http://media.scout.com/Media/College_Football/44_Reggie-Bush-Action.JPG (http://media.scout.com/Media/College_Football/44_Reggie-Bush-Action.JPG)
1. Houston- Reggie Bush, RB
I know the Texans have a lot of needs. Trading down a few spots and still getting an impact player makes sense. But you just can't pass up a guy like Reggie Bush. He's like the Barry Bonds of football; a PURE home run threat every time he touches the ball.
(Case in point- the Rose Bowl. Bush is held in check for almost the entire game. Then on a simple outside run in the fourth quarter he catches the corner. Before the word "wowwww" can withdrawal from your voice box, Bush is leaping into the end zone on a 26-yard TD run. These are the types of players that come around once, maybe twice in a generation.)

2- New Orleans- Matt Leinhart, QB
Reminds me of a bigger Boomer Esiason and a smaller Drew Bledsoe. Years from now, I think the Saints will have made a mistake by passing up on Vince Young.
3- Tennessee- Vince Young, QB
Ciao, Steve McNair.
4- New York Jets- Mario Williams, DE
This is where it starts to get precarious. Jets are enamored with Memphis RB D’Angelo Williams, but fourth is too high for him on the board. Consensus is they can trade down and still get him. Here is the problem; none of the five or six team directly below them in the draft have any one player they're willing to move up for and give up a second rounder. So if the Jets are stuck with this pick, they'll take MarioWilliams, considered to be the second coming of Julius Peppers. He could replace oft-injured free agent DE John Abraham.
5- Green Bay- AJ Hawk, LB
Similar position as the Jets. They want a running back and are in love with Lendale White. Conventional wisdom says trade down some and get him. If they can't, they'll attempt to copy the Bears and take the best playmaking linebacker in the draft.
6- Oakland- D'Brickshaw Ferguson, OT
Yes, they already have a franchise tackle in Robert Gallery. But after Ferguson slips down this far the Raiders will find a way to make it work financially. Lamont Jordan will wet his pants in excitement of this pick. Yes, the Raiders desperately need a safety, but Brick is too good to not take.
7- San Francisco- D'Angelo Wiliams, RB
Frank Gore? Kevin Barlow? Someone needs to ground the wolves from getting after Alex Smith.
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper679/stills/sld17hk6.jpg (http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper679/stills/sld17hk6.jpg)

8- Buffalo- Winston Justice, OT
Buffalo's offensive line is woeful. Justice makes it a little less woeful.
(I'm an admitted Bills mark so I must insert comment here. Yes, the Bills need miles of help on both sides of the line. But I hope they pull of a surprise and draft Texas safety Michael Huff. Huff has "special" written all over him. He's a big-game guy. Buffalo took a lineman (Mike Williams) early in the 2002 draft over Roy Williams. They won't make the same mistake twice. Lawyer Milloy and Troy Vincent are getting old fast.)

9- Detroit- Tamba Hali, DE
Penn State end could be a reach at eight, but keep in mind two things: Cory Redding and James Hall occupy the starting defensive end spots now, and we're talking about the Detroit Lions here. Then again, who is the top receiever on the board?
10- Arizona- Michael Huff, S
Have you seen what Polamula has done for the Steelers defense? Enough said.
11- Rams- Vernon Davis, TE
More athletic than Antonio Gates.
12- Cleveland- Haloti Ngata, DT
Run stuffer could be just what the doctor ordered for defense-first head coach Romeo Crennel.
13- Baltimore- Jimmy Williams, CB
Continuing the tradition of great defensive backs (and no offense)
14- Philadlephia- Lendale White, RB
How long will Westbrook last? Philly needs receievers but nobody worthy this high. This would make four USC guys in the top half of the first round. I'm sure Andy Reid would covet a back who can move the chains.
15- Atlanta- DeMarco Ryans, LB
Underated LB from Alabama great fit.
16- Miami- Jay Cutler, QB
Has all the tools and will learn behind a veteran the Dolphins will acquire via trade or free agency.
(Dallas will also have Cutler in their radar)
17- Minnesota- Chad Greenway, OLB
Disgusted they didn’t get White.
18- Dallas, Eric Winston, OT
Real reach here, but if healthy is a major upgrade at the tackle spot.
19- San Diego- Santanio Holmes, WR
Welcome to the NFL.. Roscoe Parrish, part duex.
20- Kansas City- Mathiaus Kiwanuku, DE
Athletic revamp of the defense continues.
21- New England - Ko Simpson, S
Anyone New England drafts is going to be good. Simpson will help solidify a deplorable secondary.
22- Denver- Leonard Pope, TE
Rod Smith is getting old at receiever but Pope provides mismatches in middle of field.
23- Tampa Bay- Johnathon Scott, OT
Could unseat Kenyatta Walker.
24- Cincinnati- Darnell Bing, S
Did you watch Kelly Holcomb torch the Bengals in week 16? How about Larry Johnson in week 17 or Ben Rothleisburger in the playoffs?
25- New York Giants- Bobby Carpenter, LB
Giants front four is solid. Linebacking corps? Not so good.
26- Chicago- Derek Hagan, WR
Muhammad can't do it on his own. If this team gets any kind of offense this off-season... look out.
27- Carolina- Maurice Stoval, WR
Notre Dame receiver is big and has rising stock. Could aleviate pressure from Steve Smith, especially with Ricky Proehl retiring.
28- Jacksonville- Ashton Youboty, CB
Will instantly become a Chris Berman favorite.
29- Denver- Marcus McNeil, OT
Best need player available.
30- Indianpolis- Laurence Maroney, RB
How much longer will Edge be a Colt?
31- Seattle- Claude Wroten, DT
Depth at line can never be underestimated.
32- Pittsburgh- Ernie Sims, LB
(There goes my Super Bowl column. Since this is being published the week before the Super Bowl, and Pittsburgh is drafting last.. you can do the math from there.)

ROUND TWO
33- Houston- Broderick Bentley, DT (run plugger)
34- New Orleans- Thomas Howard, LB (one of many needs)
35- Tennessee- Antonio Cromarite, CB (see above)
36- New York Jets- Chad Jackson, WR (again)
37- Green Bay- Manny Lawson, DE (and again)

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/bgu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/202515.jpeg

38- Oakland- Omar Jacobs, QB
(If this guy pans out, he can be the steal of the entire draft. He’ll come considerably less than Cutler and has every bit the upside. He could be a perfect fit in this organization)

39- San Francisco- D'Qwell Jackson, LB (Will lose two LB’s via free agency)
40- Buffalo- Gabe Watson, DT (upgrade over Ron Edwards)
41- Detroit- Ryan O'Callaghan, OT (about time to address the line)
42- Arizona- Richard Marshall, CB (could work well next to Roelle)
43- Rams- Tye Hill, CB (big upside)
44- Cleveland- Max Jean-Giles, G (need to protect Frye)
45- Baltimore- Maurice Drew, RB (can you say reach?)
46- Philadelphia- Sinorice Moss, WR (need playmakers)
47- Atlanta- Greg Blue, S (solid depth)
48- Miami- Daryn Colledge, OT (could start in first year)
49- Minnesota- Joseph Addai, RB (Vikes want Ricky Williams)
50- Dallas- Davin Joseph, G (O’line biggest weakness)
52- San Diego- Richard Marshall, CB (pure depth pick)
53- New England- Martin Nance, WR (Givens may be gone)
54- Washington- Kai Parham, LB (Arrington will be gone)
55- Tampa Bay- Tony Fassano, TE (Another goodie for Simms)
56- Cincinnati- Kelly Jennings, CB (Will help sorry pass defense)
57- New York Giants- Brad Butler, OT (depth)
58- Chicago- Abdul Hodge, LB (see above)
59- Carolina- Mercedes Lewis, TE (no good TE’s since Walls)
60- Jacksonville- Brian Calhoun, RB (Taylor oft-injured)
61- Denver- Daniel Bullocks, S (How much does Lynch have left?)
62- Indianpolis- Charles Spencer, G (Someone for Peyton to criticize)
63- Seattle- Mike Haas, WR (role player)
64- Pittsburgh- Lawrence Vickers, FB (why not?)

ROUND THREE
65- Houston- Taitusi Laitui, G (O-line revamp continues)
66- Houston- Jeremey Trueblood, OT (and continues)
67- Buffalo- Alex Zemaitis, CB (Penn State guy right for Bills secondary)
68- New York Jets- Kai Parham, LB (potential starter)
69- Green Bay- Dontrelle Moore, RB (Lendale White fallback plan)
70- Oakland- Elvis Dumervil, DE (explosive)
71- San Francisco- Cory Rodgers, WR (needs weapons)
72- Buffalo- Hank Baskett, WR (could take Josh Reed’s spot)
73 Detroit Lions- Pat Watkins, S (a lot of untapped potential)
74 Arizona Cardinals- Cedric Griffin, CB (going Philly route-depth at CB)
75 St. Louis Rams- Ray Edwards, DE (worth a shot)
76 Cleveland Browns- Steve Fifita DT (see above)
77 New England Patriots -Rashad Butler OT (Ashworth broke down last year)
78 Philadelphia Eagles- Rocky McIntosh, LB (Jones could be on the move)
79 Atlanta Falcons - A.J. Nicholson, LB (needs to get better defensively)
80 Miami Dolphins - Jason Avant, WR (might be weapon with Chambers)
81 Minnesota Vikings- Greg Eslinger, C (depth)
82 Dallas Cowboys - Ryan Cook, C (more depth)
83 San Diego Chargers- Justin London, LB (will learn from Perriman)
84 Kansas City Chiefs- Charles Gordon CB (playmaker)
85 New England Patriots- Kevin Simon, LB (lineback corps getting old)
86 Washington Redskins- Brodie Croyle, QB (ciao, Patrick Ramsey)
87 Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Chijioke Onyenegecha (that’s right.. who?
88 Cincinatti Bengals- Orien Harris, DT (potential steal if still around)
89 New York Giants- Darriel Hunter, CB (DB’s got burned by Carolina)
90 Chicago Bears- Nick Mangold, C (Grossman needs time to throw)
91 Carolina Panthers- Roman Harper S (would be good addition)
92 Jacksonville Jaguars- Mark Anderson, DE (ditto)
93 Denver Broncos- Frostee Rucker DE (cool name, should fit in here)
94 Indianapolis Colts- Travis Wilson, WR (will Wayne be back?)
95 Seattle Seahawks- Mike Bell, RB (good luck with Shawn Alexander there)
96 Pittsburgh Steelers Gerald Riggs Jr. RB (will replace the bus)

pintonick96
01-30-2006, 02:56 PM
I played against Zemaitis in High School. For Rochesterians, he went to Spencerport.

mysticsoto
01-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Wrote a peice.... Thought you guys might be interested.

If you don't feel like reading the entire article, the four Bills I projected to go on day one are as follows:
Round 1- Winston Justice, OT (USC)
Round 2- Gabe Watson, DT (Michigan)
Round 3- Alex Zemaitis, CB (Penn State)
Round 3- Hank Baskett, WR (New Mexico)

Just my opinions but:

Winston Justice is probably better for a late 1st rd. In your scenario, since both Brick and Mario are already taken, I would take Ngata.

For the 2nd rd, Watson is going down in rankings. He's been written off as lazy and one who doesn't always put his all. I don't think he's Levy's type at all. Also, his style seems to better fit a 3-4 style with him being a nose tackle.

I'm not overly impressed with Hank Baskett, but then again, I'm not overly impressed much with the WR selection this year. Hank is average at best and could probably wait until the 4th or 5th rd to get the same talent level. There seems to be a large pool of mediocre receivers this year...

Will McGahee Fast
01-30-2006, 03:01 PM
That would be one hell of a draft...

Zemaitis was one of the best CBs in the nation last season, but didnt get much publicity. Justice has all the talent in the world, he just needs to be kept in check. Gabe Watson is a beast and fills a huge need for us, but I would much rather Have Ngata. i think Hank Baskett is a steal at with that pick. The guy has some serious talent and would give us alot of potential in the receiving corps.

I would rather see us take Ngata in the 1st and Giles in the 2nd.

Night Train
01-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Winston Justice has been arrested twice.

He fits perfectly in the Levy/Jauron mold of character players.

hydro014
01-30-2006, 03:55 PM

yeah, i highly doubt Levy will go with anyone with a record. Any way you look at it a :spade: is a :spade:.

T-Long
01-30-2006, 04:22 PM
There is no way they take Justice. If Ngata is there, welcome to Buffalo.

Also, its ALAN not ALEX from Penn State. I am a huge Nittany Lions fan and the kid can make plays, but didn't get the recognition he deserved.

hydro014
01-30-2006, 04:57 PM
There is no way they take Justice. If Ngata is there, welcome to Buffalo.

Also, its ALAN not ALEX from Penn State. I am a huge Nittany Lions fan and the kid can make plays, but didn't get the recognition he deserved.

IMO we dont take Ngata with the 8th pick. Their are other guys we can get that will have more impact than a DT, I also believe we'll get a DT in FA. I understand that Ngata is good, but IMO not worth the 8th pick, if we want him trade down and get him at 15-20 ok. IMO we can get a quality DT in the later rounds, we need a stud to come in and help right away, and IMO a DT that will help us right away is a FA, (Tripplet, Orpheus Roye, Damione Lewis or Ryan Pickett, one of the last two should be released from St.L).

That Guy
01-30-2006, 05:12 PM
I played against Zemaitis in High School. For Rochesterians, he went to Spencerport.
Where'd you play in high school?

All I remember is that he barely ever played his high school career... he always seemed to be hurt if I remember correctly.

TigerJ
01-30-2006, 05:13 PM
If Ngata is available, I'd take him over Justice and look for an OT in round two. Colledge is a good possibility there. If the Bills are of a mind to switch Jason Peters to the LT spot, Ryan O'Callaghan becomes a possibility for RT in round 2

mysticsoto
01-30-2006, 06:32 PM
If Ngata is available, I'd take him over Justice and look for an OT in round two. Colledge is a good possibility there. If the Bills are of a mind to switch Jason Peters to the LT spot, Ryan O'Callaghan becomes a possibility for RT in round 2

I would advocate switching Jason Peters to LT and Gandy to RT. If Gandy did reasonably well at LT, how much better do you think he'll do at RT?

People are paying so much attention to tackles, when it's the inside of the Oline that we had the most problems with - B. Anderson with his penalties or missing stunts, Villarial being beaten - even Teague being beaten...let's get someone like Devin Joseph in the 2nd round who is a powerhouse guard who won't let anyone push him around!

hydro014
01-30-2006, 06:41 PM
I would advocate switching Jason Peters to LT and Gandy to RT. If Gandy did reasonably well at LT, how much better do you think he'll do at RT?

People are paying so much attention to tackles, when it's the inside of the Oline that we had the most problems with - B. Anderson with his penalties or missing stunts, Villarial being beaten - even Teague being beaten...let's get someone like Devin Joseph in the 2nd round who is a powerhouse guard who won't let anyone push him around!

IMO people pay a lot of attention to tackles b/c you dont take guards in the top half of the draft. most people are talking about the 8th overall pick when they bring up a takle. and i agree with you that the worst part of our line is between the tackles. But that should be taken care of in the 2-5th rounds.

Ferrygoat
01-30-2006, 06:44 PM
There is no way we take Justice with the #8 pick, Hes not even the best OT in the draft and he has character problems. If we take a OT with the 8th pick it will Be Brick if he falls, If hes not there we will not take an OT. IMO, i dont think Ngata is worth the 8th pick either, I know we need a DT but there is probably going to be a bigger impact player left (Hawk, Williams, Brick) at the 8th pick, and theres no way you can pass on one of these players if they are still on the board. The Bills wont pass on one of these guys just to fill a need on a guy that didnt show up in his bowl game (Ngata).

T-Long
01-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Ya see, I was saying we weren't going to take Justice at the 8th spot. I was saying that figuring Mario Williams and AJ Hawk would be gone...but if one of them should fall...I would take either of those two instead of Ngata. I would LOVE to see Hawk as a Bill.

This isnt so far fetched because of the emergence of Jay Cutler. It could mess everything up with how the Jets pick.

jpdex12
01-30-2006, 07:43 PM
There is no way we take Justice with the #8 pick, Hes not even the best OT in the draft and he has character problems. If we take a OT with the 8th pick it will Be Brick if he falls, If hes not there we will not take an OT. IMO, i dont think Ngata is worth the 8th pick either, I know we need a DT but there is probably going to be a bigger impact player left (Hawk, Williams, Brick) at the 8th pick, and theres no way you can pass on one of these players if they are still on the board. The Bills wont pass on one of these guys just to fill a need on a guy that didnt show up in his bowl game (Ngata).

Agreed, but will that impact player be someone like Huff or Jimmy Williams to compensate for losing Nate via trade?

hydro014
01-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Agreed, but will that impact player be someone like Huff or Jimmy Williams to compensate for losing Nate via trade?

Both those boys can play! If the big three are gone i wouldn't mind drafting williams (dont think we'll do it b/c marv does not want guys with character problems) or huff and keep clements. Put the guy at safty, Which i think would really help our D. IMO that would help our D more next year than Ngata would. Get DL help in FA and work on OL in 2nd and 3rd.

Ferrygoat
01-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I would rather have a Huff or Jimmy Williams than Ngata, that is if we are going to lose nate.

Tatonka
01-30-2006, 08:06 PM

was thinking the same thing.

hydro014
01-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I would rather have a Huff or Jimmy Williams than Ngata, that is if we are going to lose nate.

But what if we didnt lose Nate, and williams, D'brick or Hawk are gone? I would rather get a Jimmy Williams, they say he plays like a sean taylor, or a Chad Greenway than a Ngata. Again, I would rather get a DT in FA.

Bert102176
01-30-2006, 08:27 PM
no way in hell we take Justice, it'll either be Brick or Ngata

kgun12
01-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Just my opinions but:

For the 2nd rd, Watson is going down in rankings. He's been written off as lazy and one who doesn't always put his all. I don't think he's Levy's type at all. Also, his style seems to better fit a 3-4 style with him being a nose tackle..

I have watched him all season and I don't agree with this. Also this is what east coast sports are saying as well as other outlets are saying about Gabe Watson.

" These prospects helped enhance their stock this week - S Daniel Bullocks, HB DeAngelo Williams, G Max Jean-Gilles, LB Chad Greenway, C Nick Mangold, G Charles Spencer, G Deuce Lutui, DT Gabe Watson, TE Joe Klopfenstein and CB Tye Hill."
01/25 "Prospects that have elevated their stock this week up to this point include:...Mangold...

CB Tye Hill (Clemson)..HB Jerious Norwood (Mississippi State)...DE Victor Adeyanju (Indiana)...LB D'Quell Jackson (Maryland)...DT Gabe Watson (Michigan)...S Daniel Bullocks (Nebraska)...on the flip side...Jason Avant (Michigan) and

Derek Hagan (Arizona State) are two WR prospects that haven't improved their stock due to the fact that they have dropped too many passes this week..."

If we were able to get Watson in the second round I would call that a steel!

Bmax
01-31-2006, 01:24 AM
I agree Kgun watson had a good senior bowl week . The guy realizes this for keeps now . Plus he can smell the money. He is a good kid.. good character guy.. Gave a dying kid his bowl championship ring.

It all depends on the combine and club workouts.,. When it's all said and done he will be a 1st rd pick. He has too much talent too be ignored. Baskett is a guy would ignore...I'm thinking safety in rd 3 Blue or smith from syracuse who was a special teams terror. Fisher likes him and thought he remainded him of donavan darius.

Bmax

mysticsoto
01-31-2006, 08:18 AM
IMO people pay a lot of attention to tackles b/c you dont take guards in the top half of the draft. most people are talking about the 8th overall pick when they bring up a takle. and i agree with you that the worst part of our line is between the tackles. But that should be taken care of in the 2-5th rounds.

I wasn't advocating taking a guard in the 1st pick - definitely not! But I really think we should grab one of the top 2 in our 2nd pick. There aren't many Guards worth anything and between Max Jean-Gilles and Davin Joseph, they are probably the two elite Guards in this draft. After that, Charles Spencer is probably next and he's a dropoff - the last I read from him was that he was overweight and out of shape. We don't need another Jamie Nails here...of course, if we address the position in FA with Hutchinson...or if their plan is to get MW to adjust to the inside...then a lower ranked OG would probably be okay. But if the plan is to possibly start the drafted guard, I'd pick one of these top two...

mysticsoto
01-31-2006, 08:20 AM
I have watched him all season and I don't agree with this. Also this is what east coast sports are saying as well as other outlets are saying about Gabe Watson.

" These prospects helped enhance their stock this week - S Daniel Bullocks, HB DeAngelo Williams, G Max Jean-Gilles, LB Chad Greenway, C Nick Mangold, G Charles Spencer, G Deuce Lutui, DT Gabe Watson, TE Joe Klopfenstein and CB Tye Hill."
01/25 "Prospects that have elevated their stock this week up to this point include:...Mangold...

CB Tye Hill (Clemson)..HB Jerious Norwood (Mississippi State)...DE Victor Adeyanju (Indiana)...LB D'Quell Jackson (Maryland)...DT Gabe Watson (Michigan)...S Daniel Bullocks (Nebraska)...on the flip side...Jason Avant (Michigan) and

Derek Hagan (Arizona State) are two WR prospects that haven't improved their stock due to the fact that they have dropped too many passes this week..."

If we were able to get Watson in the second round I would call that a steel!

About a month ago, I saw a show on the NFL network where they were talking about possible prospects. They too said that Watson has the potential, but sometimes takes plays off. Here is a little scouting report on him listing his negatives:

Underachiever who doesn't always play up to his talent level...Looks like a Top 5 pick on one play and a 7th rounder on the next...Lazy and needs to show more effort on a consistent basis...Struggles to stay in shape and gets too heavy...Has trouble with his stamina and easily runs out of gas...Seems to be on the ground a lot...Will never be a great pass rusher...Was actually benched as a senior.

Possible 3-4 nose tackle...Can be very disruptive and the things he does don't always show up in the box score...Has all the potential in the world but only plays up to it in spurts...Could be a great player at the next level but any team drafting him will be gambling that they can get the best out of him...Boom or bust prospect.

DieHrdBillsFan23
01-31-2006, 08:34 AM
Alan Zemaitis, was a great high school player.. He did get injured once, i would know, i graduated with him. THe injury never stoped him from playing, and it never stoped him in college. It was minor injury that healed in time. A 5 year senior, played awesome for the last 3 years as he was the starter at penn state. Would be a great pick in the 3rd round, however, he might be a reach there, because after the combine, he might be moving fast up the draft boards. I hope we get him, he would upgrade our secondary, and provide great depth this year.

kgun12
01-31-2006, 10:01 AM
About a month ago, I saw a show on the NFL network where they were talking about possible prospects. They too said that Watson has the potential, but sometimes takes plays off. Here is a little scouting report on him listing his negatives:

Underachiever who doesn't always play up to his talent level...Looks like a Top 5 pick on one play and a 7th rounder on the next...Lazy and needs to show more effort on a consistent basis...Struggles to stay in shape and gets too heavy...Has trouble with his stamina and easily runs out of gas...Seems to be on the ground a lot...Will never be a great pass rusher...Was actually benched as a senior.

Possible 3-4 nose tackle...Can be very disruptive and the things he does don't always show up in the box score...Has all the potential in the world but only plays up to it in spurts...Could be a great player at the next level but any team drafting him will be gambling that they can get the best out of him...Boom or bust prospect.

I think something happened to him over the last month or so. Bmax brrought it up, when he gave that kid his ring and then the kid died, I think Gabe realized what hehad was speacial and it's now become his motivation. Let's see what happens at the combine.

kgun12
01-31-2006, 10:03 AM
Alan Zemaitis, was a great high school player.. He did get injured once, i would know, i graduated with him. THe injury never stoped him from playing, and it never stoped him in college. It was minor injury that healed in time. A 5 year senior, played awesome for the last 3 years as he was the starter at penn state. Would be a great pick in the 3rd round, however, he might be a reach there, because after the combine, he might be moving fast up the draft boards. I hope we get him, he would upgrade our secondary, and provide great depth this year.

He is from Rochester, so playing an hour down the road from home, would probably be a dream come true!

mysticsoto
01-31-2006, 10:16 AM
He is from Rochester, so playing an hour down the road from home, would probably be a dream come true!

Zemaitis has good size, but is not that fast. He will probably be a mid round pick and may have to switch to safety b'cse of his slower speed.

tampabay25690
01-31-2006, 10:50 AM
IMO we dont take Ngata with the 8th pick. Their are other guys we can get that will have more impact than a DT, I also believe we'll get a DT in FA. I understand that Ngata is good, but IMO not worth the 8th pick, if we want him trade down and get him at 15-20 ok. IMO we can get a quality DT in the later rounds, we need a stud to come in and help right away, and IMO a DT that will help us right away is a FA, (Tripplet, Orpheus Roye, Damione Lewis or Ryan Pickett, one of the last two should be released from St.L).

I agree I watched Ngata play twice this season and I wasn't overly impressed plus he plays in the soft PAC 10....I would rather see someone else in ths pick then NAGTA........I agree with you and hope the Bills go after a FA DT and possiblky draft one in the 3rd-4th round....

hydro014
01-31-2006, 03:07 PM
I wasn't advocating taking a guard in the 1st pick - definitely not! But I really think we should grab one of the top 2 in our 2nd pick. There aren't many Guards worth anything and between Max Jean-Gilles and Davin Joseph, they are probably the two elite Guards in this draft. After that, Charles Spencer is probably next and he's a dropoff - the last I read from him was that he was overweight and out of shape. We don't need another Jamie Nails here...of course, if we address the position in FA with Hutchinson...or if their plan is to get MW to adjust to the inside...then a lower ranked OG would probably be okay. But if the plan is to possibly start the drafted guard, I'd pick one of these top two...

I agree, i think that Giles and Joseph are two of the better OG's along with Lutui from USC. The thing that i can't believe is that Kiper has only one of the 3 going in the second and thats Lutui. Kiper has both Gilles and Joseph going in the 3rd. Also, he Has Eric WInston (OT, Miami) and John Scott (OT, Texas) not going until the second day. This could be great for us.

Now with that said, i know that Kiper is not a god, and i understand he might not be the best at judging talent, but he has been doing this for many years. So if he is even close with his judgemants we could get a lot of help on our OL, with late picks,in this up coming draft.

mysticsoto
01-31-2006, 03:15 PM
I agree, i think that Giles and Joseph are two of the better OG's along with Lutui from USC. The thing that i can't believe is that Kiper has only one of the 3 going in the second and thats Lutui. Kiper has both Gilles and Joseph going in the 3rd. Also, he Has Eric WInston (OT, Miami) and John Scott (OT, Texas) not going until the second day. This could be great for us.

Now with that said, i know that Kiper is not a god, and i understand he might not be the best at judging talent, but he has been doing this for many years. So if he is even close with his judgemants we could get a lot of help on our OL, with late picks,in this up coming draft.

Has Kiper adjusted his choices recently - is that his latest? Senior Bowl added alot of info on where scouts are placing players - perhaps he is still behind? The combine will also allow players to move up and down, so I'm sure we'll see a few iterations before all is said and done. That being said, most people rank Guards pretty low on the list of positions to get, which may be why he has them so low. Last year, besides the Patriots taking Logan Mankins at the end of the 1st rd, no other Guards were picked until the 3rd rd where 3 went...Hmmm...maybe we could wait to the 3rd rd for a guard also...

hydro014
01-31-2006, 03:38 PM
Has Kiper adjusted his choices recently - is that his latest? Senior Bowl added alot of info on where scouts are placing players - perhaps he is still behind? The combine will also allow players to move up and down, so I'm sure we'll see a few iterations before all is said and done. That being said, most people rank Guards pretty low on the list of positions to get, which may be why he has them so low. Last year, besides the Patriots taking Logan Mankins at the end of the 1st rd, no other Guards were picked until the 3rd rd where 3 went...Hmmm...maybe we could wait to the 3rd rd for a guard also...

He did an anaylasis of the full rosters for both teams on the 28th. After he wrote a few words on each player he put down where he thought they would go round-wise, not to what team. I personally thought most of the guys listed would be gone by the 3rd but who knows.

Kerr
01-31-2006, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't mind Watson nor Zemaitis. With Watson, the new D-line coach will play a huge part in his development. Zemaitis seems like he's a safety at the next level. Since we're switching to a cover 2, he'll fit right in.

Night Train
02-01-2006, 02:28 AM
The 2 players with freakish ability I'm targeting are DE Mario Williams and TE Vernon Davis. That being said, I doubt either would be selected. Williams probably wouldn't last to #8 and the Bills would probably be thrilled with an opportunity to trade down.

If they could trade down, OT J. Scott of Texas would be a wise choice . Could start immediately at LT or RT. Then pick up a OG like Gilles,Tutui, or Spencer in Round 2.

Kipers round projections are completely screwed up, BTW. There is no way some of those lineman last as long as he predicts. Look for an update.