PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills.com Reports....3 coaches retained, 3 promoted and 3 let go

Michael82
01-30-2006, 03:34 PM
The Bills have retained offensive line coach Jim McNally, running backs coach Eric Studesville, and wide receivers coach Tyke Tolbert. The Bills also announced today the promotions of John Allaire to Strength and Conditioning Coordinator, Bobby April to Assistant Head Coach / Special Teams, and Chuck Lester to Assistant to the Head Coach / Defensive Assistant. The club also announced that Jerry Gray, Brad Roll, and Sam Wyche will not be returning to the team.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3586

Michael82
01-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Why the hell would we want any of our Strength and Conditioning guys from last year on this team?

John Allaire was the Strength and Conditioning Assistant to Brad Roll.

Oh well, at least Brad Roll is gone. :dance:

Dont drink the water
01-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Nice recognition of April and Lester. But money would be better as I always say at work.

Nine of Mularkey's assistants are still under contract but it's not believed all nine will stick. Appearing to be safe are offensive line coach Jim McNally and quarterbacks coach Sam Wyche, along with special teams coach Bobby April and defensive assistant Chuck Lester.

Looks like The Sports Xchange posted on CBS is wrong:
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/9195988
Nine of Mularkey's assistants are still under contract but it's not believed all nine will stick. Appearing to be safe are offensive line coach Jim McNally and quarterbacks coach Sam Wyche, along with special teams coach Bobby April and defensive assistant Chuck Lester.
No surprise! :D

Dont drink the water
01-30-2006, 03:43 PM
BuffaloBills.com Coaches page updated:
http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches.jsp
including promotions / losses

Mike Miller has a look on his face saying "What I have a job?".

Gunzlingr
01-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Chuck Norris should be our strength and conditioning coach. He could sell each player a total gym to get in shape.

Michael82
01-30-2006, 03:44 PM
BuffaloBills.com Coaches page updated:
http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches.jsp
including promotions / losses

Mike Miller has a look on his face saying "What I have a job?".
Mike Miller is still on there, but he hasn't been officially retained or released. They must be holding onto him while they look around.

The_Philster
01-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Looks like The Sports Xchange posted on CBS is wrong:That's because that was originally published on their site last week...they just changed the dates on their articles

Dont drink the water
01-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Chuck Norris should be our strength and conditioning coach. He could sell each player a total gym to get in shape.
Do you want Bills to get in trouble like Broncos with illegal OL blocks and kicks?

Dont drink the water
01-30-2006, 03:46 PM
That's because that was originally published on their site last week...they just changed the dates on their articles

Oh the ads were updated! :rofl:

Philagape
01-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Does this mean Lester is the DC or has DC duties?

G. Host
01-30-2006, 05:14 PM
No Lester is neither DC nor has DC duties.

ICE74129
01-30-2006, 05:57 PM
Why the hell would we want any of our Strength and Conditioning guys from last year on this team?

John Allaire was the Strength and Conditioning Assistant to Brad Roll.

Oh well, at least Brad Roll is gone. :dance:

How many times have you seen a guy at work MUCH Better than his boss? And every thing he tried to do was shot down by the guy in charge even though he was right?

I bet that is the case here as well.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-31-2006, 12:54 AM
I am delighted that they decided to promote Bobby April--he definitely deserved it. And, I am very glad that they will be keeping McNally and Tolbert as well. I think that Studesville was probably a good keep as well, although I'm not that happy about how McGahee ran the ball at times last season (most of which I think was on him because he was trying not to get hurt).

Count me amongst the many who are also delighted to see Brad Roll go as well. I would have liked to see Sam Wyche stay, but I can see why he would want to leave and, given the job that Fairchild did with Bulger, I'm not that worried about Wyche leaving as I would have been if MM were still HC.

As for Jerry Gray, I think that the AFC East and a lot of teams in the NFL had caught on to his schemes and that it was time for him to move on. I didn't like his play-calling and I didn't like how the players played for him this season--and, if you don't think he's doing at least one of those two things well, then he's probably not the coach that you would want running your defense (DUH!). After watching the Bills and the Redskins this season, I just have a feeling that the better teams are starting to catch on to the Williams/Gray "Titans' 46" defense--the blitzes still work sometimes, but more and more teams are beginning to read them and exploit them. While Williams is still able to make it effective, I don't think Gray has been able to make the adjustments in the base scheme that Williams has and, as a result, it has been easier for opposing offenses to figure out how to beat Gray's schemes. I think it will serve Gray well to go back to work under Williams again and it will serve the Bills well to have a new DC who will bring in a little different set of defensive schemes. I don't see losing Gray as any kind of a loss for the Bills at all.

As for the other coaches, I don't really know enough about them to comment much except to say that I sure hope that Allaire is a much better strength and conditioning coach than Roll. Roll was an unmitigated disaster!!! The Bills went from being one of the best conditioned teams in the league to being a team that ran out of gas at the end of virtually every half.

Dont drink the water
01-31-2006, 02:07 PM
How many times have you seen a guy at work MUCH Better than his boss? And every thing he tried to do was shot down by the guy in charge even though he was right?

I bet that is the case here as well.

He worked for Rusty fior three years. That is a good sign.

Michael82
01-31-2006, 02:09 PM
He worked for Rusty fior three years. That is a good sign.
yeah that is. :up:

Dont drink the water
01-31-2006, 04:06 PM
yeah that is. :up:
Yes it is but I do not understand why people bashed him without even checking his background. Force of habit?