PDA

View Full Version : Brad Roll Phenomena

LtBillsFan66
01-30-2006, 05:19 PM
I do not buy in to this phenomena/hysteria that Brad Roll was the reason we got our asses handed to us late in games.

I owe that all to getting outcoached.

Personally I couldn't care less about him, but just saying a lot of you bought into media hype.

mysticsoto
01-30-2006, 06:29 PM
I do not buy in to this phenomena/hysteria that Brad Roll was the reason we got our asses handed to us late in games.

I owe that all to getting outcoached.

Personally I couldn't care less about him, but just saying a lot of you bought into media hype.

I'm sure that's a good portion of it also, but don't you find it odd that there is such a huge disparity in scoring between us and them in the 4th quarter - moreso than any other quarter?

Earthquake Enyart
01-30-2006, 06:43 PM
I'm sure that's a good portion of it also, but don't you find it odd that there is such a huge disparity in scoring between us and them in the 4th quarter - moreso than any other quarter?
Coaching.

The only place where training makes a difference is in lessening pulls and strains.

The year before last, I bet 10 Bears pulled hammies at one time or another. This year, with Rusty Jones, they had waaay fewer injuries.

Ferrygoat
01-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Coaching.

The only place where training makes a difference is in lessening pulls and strains.

The year before last, I bet 10 Bears pulled hammies at one time or another. This year, with Rusty Jones, they had waaay fewer injuries.
Trainers make a bigger difference than lessening pulls and strains, That may be a small part of what the trainers do, but as the Strength and Conditioning coach, he has to have his players in the best shape(meaning as strong as they ever were and in the best condition of their lives). In saying this when the team falls apart in the 4th quarter they obviously are not in the shape they should be in, that falls directly on the shoulders of Brad Roll. The coaching may be the reason why we lost some of the games this season, but you cant blame it directly on the coaching.

Ferrygoat
01-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Coaching huh??? Brad Roll is a coach

G. Host
01-31-2006, 02:15 AM
Coaching huh??? Brad Roll is a coach
It is just a label/title for NFL rules.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-31-2006, 03:05 AM
While I agree that the defensive play-calling had a lot to do with how poorly the Bills played at the end of both the first and second half of their games, I would also point out that the Bills' defensive players consistently complained about being worn down because the offense's ineptness left them on the field too long.

The Chicago Bears' defense spent at least as much, if not more, time on the field in many of their games, but their defense did not collapse or complain about being worn down and tired. Part of the reason may have been their success and better play-calling by their coaches, but part of their success may also have been due to better conditioning.

The comparison is apt because both were similar teams and Rusty Jones, the Bears strength and conditioning coach, had previously been with the Bills and had been replaced by Roll.

While I think there were many factors more important than conditioning that contributed to the Bills' poor performance this season, I also think that the Bills conditioning was not what it could or should have been and that it also played a role in that poor performance. For that reason, I am glad to see Roll go. But, I do agree that, even if the Bills are better conditioned next season, it won't make that much of a difference if the coaching, play-calling and execution on both sides of the ball does not significantly improve as well.