Channel 4 Reports Ted Cottrell in for Interview for DC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deathadder
    • Mar 2003

Channel 4 Reports Ted Cottrell in for Interview for DC!

topic says it all... they said he interviewed today for the DC position with the Bills...

EDIT:

WGR550 also reporitng he was in here for an interview. Here is the link:

(WGR 550) -- WGR has learned that Ted Cottrell was in Buffalo today to interview for the Bills' vacant defensive coordinator position. Cottrell held that same title here from 1998-2000. After leaving Buffalo, he served as defensive coordinator with the Jets and Vikings.
    Last edited by deathadder; 01-30-2006, 08:13 PM.
    http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Channel 4 Reports Ted Cottrell in for Interview for DC!

No sh@!? But isn't ralph a racist bastard? I mean that was what TC said on his way out the last time he was here. This is 100% Marv.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I could be TOTALLY off on this... And Im not saying its a good or bad thing anyway.

But doesn't Ted Cotrell implement a 3-4 defense?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• deathadder
        • Mar 2003

If we were to switch to 3-4.. who you guys think would be our linebackers? I would like to see Posey, Crowell, Fletcher, and Spikes in there. That would be nice. If we then draft Ngata, he would be the interior linemen and use Schobel and whoever else on the ends.
        http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Between Crowell, Posey and Spikes, who is the other ILB?

Perhaps Spikes, who may be a step slower coming back from the injury?

Or maybe a 3-4 defense opens the door for a LB being picked in the first round, although to my knowledge both AJ Hawk and Demarco ryans are both OLB.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

Darryl Tapp would be great in a 3-4. He's a player...wherever he goes, he'll be good.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i have to say that i am really surprised by this..

i wont knock it because there is nothing better left.. we are picking from the scrap pile..

IF, and that is a big if, TC is brought back.. and we go to the 3-4.. sam needs to be kept..

and we would need another big end.. schobel and kelsay would struggle as ends in a 3-4.. i think they could do it, but they would need to get some more weight on.. ron edwards would actually be a better option at DE if we went to a 3-4.

spikes would definately be ILB with Fletcher.. that is the spot he played in cincy.

Crowell could have one OLB spot, and hopefully we could grab hawk to man the other.. posey could stay as a situational pass rusher.. which is what he flourished in at Houston.

carpenter, the other Ohio St. lb, would be a solid pick up too if hawk is gone.

it would definately make the need for a DT much less.. we would still need one for the future, but adams would do well.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by andyxc71
                Darryl Tapp would be great in a 3-4. He's a player...wherever he goes, he'll be good.
                good point.. i would love that.

and he could be had later in the draft - 3rd roundish.. because very few teams have a scheme he would fit into.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• lunatic_bills_fan
                  • Oct 2002

could this possibly be a situation where big ted washington comes back to help out?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Lot of speculation here..
                    But lets just SAY IF T.C. came back and IF he decided to run a three four, that could alter our draft desires.

Yes, Spikes (if healthy) definitely goes inside.. And that would change our focus from probably going DT in the first round to OLB... AJ Hawk would be ALOT more appealing, (though likely to be gone).. DeMarco Ryan from Alabama is another one that would fit REAL nice.

A solid DE fit for a 3-4 would be a great second round choice.. Making the need to address the OL in FREE AGENCY a lot greater..

But like I said, this is FAR from a done deal with TC, and even if it is, that doesn't mean we will totally shift our defense..

Maybe I'm wrong, I thought Minny implored a 4-3 last year.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                      • Aug 2003

they could Trade Schobel for another 1st rd pick to pick up neccessary players to run the 3-4

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

If we switch to the 3-4 we may go after AJ Hawk.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                          • Aug 2003

Rocky Bernard of Seattle would make a great De in the 3-4

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                            they could Trade Schobel for another 1st rd pick to pick up neccessary players to run the 3-4
                            This is the first time ever that we agree. This is right on though!! Trading Schobel is a great idea. I like your thinking here!

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

i still dont think cotrell comes here.. he just seems like an old man that has a big chip on his shoulder and wants to play the race card because he is bent about not being a HC afer he had a good defense for a few years under wade.. but he has not been able to even keep a job as of late.. the jets **** canned him and now the vikes too.

Comment

Working...
                              X