PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Pyatt will have to earn playing time

SabreEleven
01-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Pyatt better put a giddity-up in his step...Too many kids wanting his spot and that can play....too many

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060130/1052624.asp

Taylor Pyatt won't be able to ease himself back into the lineup. If he doesn't perform quickly, he might not be in a Buffalo Sabres uniform for long

Crisis
01-30-2006, 08:44 PM
He was great before he got hurt. Hopefully he can get back to that level.

SabreEleven
01-30-2006, 08:55 PM
I don't know about great. I would say "Getting good"

pyrrhonist
01-31-2006, 09:05 AM
I don't know about great. I would say "Getting good"

Agreed. I think even saying "Finally trying" is taking it another step further. I was wondering where Pyatt would stand when he got healthy, but was afraid he'd be allowed to just jump back on the ice. I'm glad he has to earn it. Briere will be given the keys to get back in the castle, so to speak, but a guy like Pyatt just isn't on that level.

Typ0
01-31-2006, 04:51 PM
I think Pyatt has always tried. I've enjoyed his play since the beginning there has been a lot of times I've seen him scrapping around when the rest of the team was flat. And yes his play was getting better...the big thing for him is to get him more active in scoring. That's where he hasn't come through and that's why people think he's played poorly.

Typ0
01-31-2006, 08:24 PM
If this team is going to get better I think you guys are going to be surprised to see Pyatt is a critical force in that effort. He's a monster all over the middle of the ice and when he gets low things are slowed down and we get different types of opportunities.

JD
01-31-2006, 08:54 PM
I want that Mair, Gaustad line back!! They gave us soooo much momentum at such key times.

pyrrhonist
02-01-2006, 09:09 AM
If this team is going to get better I think you guys are going to be surprised to see Pyatt is a critical force in that effort.

You are right----I'd be very, very surprised to see Pyatt a critical force in that effort, especially since he has never been.

Guys like Pominville & Paille have shown me more heart and effort in the short time they've been at the NHL level than Pyatt has the entire time he's been on the time. Granted, he was asked to do too much at too young an age, but still...he's had his time. Time shall tell, but I see him being played out of a roster spot.

Crisis
02-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Sure looked good tonight.

pyrrhonist
02-03-2006, 02:13 AM
Maybe the competition lit a fire under his ass. As long as he produces, he stays in the lineup. That's good, sound decision making.

JD
02-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Yeah he was great last night. Lets hope he keeps it up!