PDA

View Full Version : Jim Kelly for QB Coach

Mr. Cynical
01-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Make it happen Marv.

Throne Logic
01-30-2006, 09:10 PM
I believe Jim has already stated that he is not going to return to Buffalo in any capacity other than visitor. At least not this year.

Mr. Cynical
01-30-2006, 09:13 PM
I believe Jim has already stated that he is not going to return to Buffalo in any capacity other than visitor. At least not this year.Did he say this before or after marv became gm?

The_Philster
01-30-2006, 09:14 PM
I believe Jim has already stated that he is not going to return to Buffalo in any capacity other than visitor. At least not this year.
yes he has
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/01/11/bc.fbn.jimkelly.politic.ap/

The_Philster
01-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Did he say this before or after marv became gm?

Kelly also laid Wednesday to rest speculation that he'd return to the Buffalo Bills -- either as a coach or consultant -- now that the team has hired his former coach and fellow Hall of Famer Marv Levy.

Mr. Cynical
01-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Well that sucks. :sigh:

kgun12
01-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Make it happen Marv.

OK READ THE ENTIRE POST!!!

I love Jim Kelly, we wouldn't have gone to 4 SB's without him his leadership

BUT Jim is NOT a coach. We was a player and a great one, he also was a party animal and a great one! There is an old saying those that can do, those that can't teach! If this is true, than bring back Frank Reich, now he would be a good QB coach. Hell he was Jim's coach while they were here in Buffalo.

DMBcrew36
01-30-2006, 10:06 PM
Jim isn't the greatest person... i've already stated facts about him... i dont think it's a good idea and im glad that he doesn't want to be a coach.

Spiderweb
01-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Make it happen Marv.

You must be bored, or why else would you bring this up again when JK has already addressed this?

Ebenezer
01-30-2006, 10:41 PM

I love Jim Kelly, we wouldn't have gone to 4 SB's without him his leadership

BUT Jim is NOT a coach. We was a player and a great one, he also was a party animal and a great one! There is an old saying those that can do, those that can't teach! If this is true, than bring back Frank Reich, now he would be a good QB coach. Hell he was Jim's coach while they were here in Buffalo.
As Gilbert Perreault once said to Danny Gare, "I cannot teach you to do what I do because when I do what I do I do not know how I do what I do". Great doers are not often great teachers because much of their talent is inherent and they fall into patterns that cannot be taught. I used to be able to do very high levels of math...I can't teach my kid division of fractions because I can't teach him my shortcuts when he barely knows the basics.

Mr. Cynical
01-30-2006, 11:04 PM

You must be bored, or why else would you bring this up again when JK has already addressed this?

Maybe because I never saw that thread in the first place? :shakeno:

Mr. Cynical
01-30-2006, 11:07 PM
As Gilbert Perreault once said to Danny Gare, "I cannot teach you to do what I do because when I do what I do I do not know how I do what I do". Great doers are not often great teachers because much of their talent is inherent and they fall into patterns that cannot be taught. I used to be able to do very high levels of math...I can't teach my kid division of fractions because I can't teach him my shortcuts when he barely knows the basics.

Good example...although imho I'm not sure Kelly falls into that category. He might - we just don't know until he tries.

As for his partying days....he is alot older and far more mature now especially because of what he went through with his son Hunter. I don't think his behavior 15 years ago is relevant anymore.

superbills
01-30-2006, 11:46 PM
Good example...although imho I'm not sure Kelly falls into that category. He might - we just don't know until he tries.

As for his partying days....he is alot older and far more mature now especially because of what he went through with his son Hunter. I don't think his behavior 15 years ago is relevant anymore.

You're right. I've met him, even gone to church with the guy. He's not the same person that he was back in the day before the wife and kids. I've yet to meet a more cordial and down to earth athlete than Jim. Right now he cares much more about his family than himself, which is a far cry from where he was in his playing days.

That said, he's far too comsumed by Hunter's Hope and the various other things he has going on to commit to coaching. Like I said, family is his thing now and I'm sure he knows how much of a drain being a coach can be on the family life.