PDA

View Full Version : MayDay Game Highlights on Video..

SabreEleven
01-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Freakin' sweet.......

http://media.putfile.com/Buffalo-Sabres-May-Day-9293

hammerbillsfan
01-30-2006, 10:19 PM
I just like the name Yuri Khmylev (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2707). :lol:

JD
01-31-2006, 04:47 PM
That is ***** awesome!

Gives you chills!!

fushetti
01-31-2006, 09:37 PM
John "Constipated Cow" Gurtler. Man, if that doesn't make you miss Ted Darling, I dunno what does.

buffalofan19
01-31-2006, 10:02 PM
John "Constipated Cow" Gurtler. Man, if that doesn't make you miss Ted Darling, I dunno what does.

You know what is scary, is that Rick Jeanerret is not going to be broadcasting much longer. When he retires (if he doesn't have a heart attack right on the air first), I will bet that they hire Gurtler in his place. He is already doing play by play for the Bandits on WWKB 1520 who is owned by Entercomm who owns WGR. Ouch.

pyrrhonist
02-01-2006, 09:43 AM
God, do I miss the likes of LaFontaine, Mogilny and Hawerchuk. :(

Mostly, though, I miss those jerseys. We miss you, Doug Bodger! :up: :up:

pyrrhonist
02-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Looking back on this "timeless" highlight yet again, it reminds me how painful it is to watch Brad May play these days. He actually had what could be considered "offensive moves" back in those days, whereas these past few years, he's been reduced to a 4th line/checking forward. :(

Demon
02-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Goosebumps is just an understatement from that. That is simply magic at its best.

fushetti
02-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Looking back on this "timeless" highlight yet again, it reminds me how painful it is to watch Brad May play these days. He actually had what could be considered "offensive moves" back in those days, whereas these past few years, he's been reduced to a 4th line/checking forward. :(

I dunno what you were watching in his time as a Sabre, but the guy never had any offensive skills. Shortly after that goal, Lorentz can be heard screaming "Was that Mogilny or was it May?" The guy was a complete bust as a first round draft pick. He was more valuable as a fighter than an offensive player.

pyrrhonist
02-01-2006, 03:15 PM
I didn't mean to make it sound like he was the second coming of Rene Robert or Rick Martin, but merely that he showed some offensive talent.

Today, he has no damn moves at all. He's not even a good grinding forward.

JD
02-01-2006, 07:25 PM
God, do I miss the likes of LaFontaine, Mogilny and Hawerchuk. :(

Mostly, though, I miss those jerseys. We miss you, Doug Bodger! :up: :up:
I remember having a Dough Bodger poster on my bedroom door that was printed as a center-fold in the Buffalo News the one day :D... or maybe it was Petr Sylboda (dunno how to spell it sr)

Ngxtreme13
02-02-2006, 04:02 PM
chills.....wow that is amazing
alex mogilny deserves to go in the sabres hall of fame(if we have one)

SabreEleven
02-02-2006, 04:42 PM
I remember having a Dough Bodger poster on my bedroom door that was printed as a center-fold in the Buffalo News the one day :D... or maybe it was Petr Sylboda (dunno how to spell it sr)

I have a poster of your mom in my room. She is a star.

Bill Brasky
02-02-2006, 05:14 PM
fricken awesome

SabreEleven
02-02-2006, 05:36 PM
fricken awesome

You know about JD's mom, too?

JD
02-02-2006, 05:42 PM
You know about JD's mom, too?
:curtsey:

fushetti
02-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Man, I miss the Aud

Bill Brasky
02-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I watched that. Too bad HSBC never sounds that exciting.

SabreEleven
02-02-2006, 10:52 PM
They rarely chant let's go Buffalo at all anymore

JD
02-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Sabre11...it happens everygame dude. Your not from Buffalo so I forgive you.

And the reason it sounds so loud there is because it was hell of alot smaller than the HSBC. PLUS, so many old people goto the games now because they grew up around the team and were most likely there for the innagural season. Obviously, their old asses cant stand up and scream because they'll break a hip or something. What does piss me off is that most girls that I know who goto games go just because theres nothing else to do and dont even follow the team. So that kinda makes me mad too since the games have been selling out like crazy lately but some that go arnt even hardcore fans. But eh, I guess you get that everywhere.

Not TOO any people where jerseys or sabres paraphenilia..haha i dont know how to spell that. But it is dumb that people cant drop some money on some sabres wear and go support your team in their colors. Also, STILL there are people that dont stand up and cheer when we score.. its unbelievable. Can't stand people like that :rage:

LETS GO SABRES!!!
LETS GO SABRES!!!

SabreEleven
02-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Sabre11...it happens everygame dude. Your not from Buffalo so I forgive you.

Dude, I'm from Buffalo, I don't live in Buffalo. There is a difference.

I get the NHL CenterIce so I am seeing every game and I don't hear it but maybe feigntly every few games. Maybe I need to be watching it in HD to hear it?

JD
02-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Theres always chants, always waves.. but alright. It's an every game thing dude, I know several people that have season tickets, both friends...and family. Actually, my friend Mark and some of his friends actually started the first "USA" chant last night.

Obviously the fans are a little rusty, we havnt had playoff fever in FOUR YEARS. We havnt had anything to be excited about in FOUR YEARS. We are expected to win every game now after these years of failure. Dont worry, theres plenty of heart with our fans.