• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Perry Fewell- New Bills DC- Tuesday Buffalo News

Perry Fewell, defensive backfield coach for the Chicago Bears, reached an agreement in principle to become the new defensive coordinator for Bills head coach Dick Jauron, NFL and Chicago sources told the Buffalo News.

It's probable that Fewell would adopt a defensive style similar to the one used by Lovie Smith in Chicago, which is similar to the zone-coverage system employed by Indianapolis coach Tony Dungy.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Peryy Fewell- New Bills DC- Tuesday Buffalo News

Wow now there's a scoop. I know nothing of the guy. Interesting choice.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Night Train
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Turf
      Wow now there's a scoop. I know nothing of the guy. Interesting choice.
      The Official Website of the Chicago Bears - The charter franchise of the National Football League

DB Coach in the NFL for the last 8 years. Must know the Ron Rivera zone D well. Jauron and the D Line coach worked with him briefly.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Turf
        • Jul 2002

Well the mob response to this should be fun to watch.
        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Night Train
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Turf
          Well the mob response to this should be fun to watch.
          LOL. You know it. The Drama Queens will be out in full force today.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Aug 2004

Interesting choice.

I would have prefered Marshall from Seattle--although I think it might have been hard to get him both from a money and location standpoint--but its hard to argue with a guy who coached that Chicago secondary. They were good.

I wonder what his thoughts will be on Nate Clements.... I'm sure they will want his input when they are making their decision with regard to Clements.
            Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

Oh my god, the Bills are joke, who is this guy, we're gonna suck. We are the laughing satock of the NFL

yadda yadda yadda...... (sarcasm off)

even my best effort to be a drama queen comes up short

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

things that make you go hummm.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                  • Jun 2003

I don't see anything wrong with it. I mean, everywhere he's gone the team has made the playoffs and Lovie Smith thinks highly of him, can't be that bad.

I'm not worried because he won't have the freedom that Fairchild will have.
                  www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• Romes
                    • Jul 2002

I hate to crash this party but it is there a link somewhere?
                    Originally posted by paladin warrior
                    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

I look at anyone coaching under Dick Jauron as his DC with an understanding that they are more of a defensive assistant. Jauron will have a lot of input on defense. I think installing the offense is going to be more left to Fairchild.
                      Both the coordinators have had recent success. This should be a year with a lot of growing pains, but I expect things to come together towards the end of the season. Hopefully this time we will get some continuity.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

I actually have no issue with the hire. They, unlike us, played real defense this year. Here is how I see it...

He is a DB coach right? So we know our DB's will FINALLY Be used correctly. That means we improve. As a DB coach he knows his guys are only as good as the front line/ pass rush. So that will be a huge priority for him. Again we improve. He also knows in picking his linemen he needs much greater play from the front 4 so the LB's are more open to perform and not take on blockers. Still more improvement!

He knows the cover two and Chicago also knows how to blitz and more importantly WHEN to blitz!

I think we vastly improve with this guy IF we address both DT's and maybe LDE, and the safety positions.

Comment

• Romes
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                          I actually have no issue with the hire. They, unlike us, played real defense this year. Here is how I see it...

He is a DB coach right? So we know our DB's will FINALLY Be used correctly. That means we improve. As a DB coach he knows his guys are only as good as the front line/ pass rush. So that will be a huge priority for him. Again we improve. He also knows in picking his linemen he needs much greater play from the front 4 so the LB's are more open to perform and not take on blockers. Still more improvement!

He knows the cover two and Chicago also knows how to blitz and more importantly WHEN to blitz!

I think we vastly improve with this guy IF we address both DT's and maybe LDE, and the safety positions.
                          Gray was first a DB in the league. Then a DB coach, then a DC. Now he is back to being a DB coach. This theory didn't hold true for Gray.
                          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Yeah but Romes, I have heard some really screwed up crap about gray. NO coach on this team has liked him. And the clown talks about himself in the 3rd person?

Can you immagine being Sam Adams and hearing 'The Gray says do this!'.

Comment

• Romes
                              • Jul 2002

Yeah, I agree I'm glad gray is gone, too. I just don't think that the specific position a coach coaches prior to becoming a coordinator really matters.

That said I agree, if we improve on the DL our defense will improve greatly as a whole unit.
                              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

Working...
                              X