PDA

View Full Version : Perry Fewell- New Bills DC- Tuesday Buffalo News

Night Train
01-31-2006, 04:04 AM
Perry Fewell, defensive backfield coach for the Chicago Bears, reached an agreement in principle to become the new defensive coordinator for Bills head coach Dick Jauron, NFL and Chicago sources told the Buffalo News.

It's probable that Fewell would adopt a defensive style similar to the one used by Lovie Smith in Chicago, which is similar to the zone-coverage system employed by Indianapolis coach Tony Dungy.

Turf
01-31-2006, 04:22 AM
Wow now there's a scoop. I know nothing of the guy. Interesting choice.

Night Train
01-31-2006, 04:27 AM
Wow now there's a scoop. I know nothing of the guy. Interesting choice.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/coachbio.jsp?id=6295

DB Coach in the NFL for the last 8 years. Must know the Ron Rivera zone D well. Jauron and the D Line coach worked with him briefly.

Turf
01-31-2006, 04:34 AM
Well the mob response to this should be fun to watch.

Night Train
01-31-2006, 04:42 AM
Well the mob response to this should be fun to watch.

LOL. You know it. The Drama Queens will be out in full force today. :wail:

LifetimeBillsFan
01-31-2006, 05:20 AM
Interesting choice.

I would have prefered Marshall from Seattle--although I think it might have been hard to get him both from a money and location standpoint--but its hard to argue with a guy who coached that Chicago secondary. They were good.

I wonder what his thoughts will be on Nate Clements.... I'm sure they will want his input when they are making their decision with regard to Clements.

ddaryl
01-31-2006, 05:36 AM
Oh my god, the Bills are joke, who is this guy, we're gonna suck. We are the laughing satock of the NFL

yadda yadda yadda...... (sarcasm off)

even my best effort to be a drama queen comes up short

Mitchy moo
01-31-2006, 06:21 AM
things that make you go hummm.

ZacGriffi~82
01-31-2006, 06:27 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it. I mean, everywhere he's gone the team has made the playoffs and Lovie Smith thinks highly of him, can't be that bad.

I'm not worried because he won't have the freedom that Fairchild will have.

Romes
01-31-2006, 06:36 AM
I hate to crash this party but it is there a link somewhere?

ParanoidAndroid
01-31-2006, 06:41 AM
I look at anyone coaching under Dick Jauron as his DC with an understanding that they are more of a defensive assistant. Jauron will have a lot of input on defense. I think installing the offense is going to be more left to Fairchild.
Both the coordinators have had recent success. This should be a year with a lot of growing pains, but I expect things to come together towards the end of the season. Hopefully this time we will get some continuity.

ICE74129
01-31-2006, 06:57 AM
I actually have no issue with the hire. They, unlike us, played real defense this year. Here is how I see it...

He is a DB coach right? So we know our DB's will FINALLY Be used correctly. That means we improve. As a DB coach he knows his guys are only as good as the front line/ pass rush. So that will be a huge priority for him. Again we improve. He also knows in picking his linemen he needs much greater play from the front 4 so the LB's are more open to perform and not take on blockers. Still more improvement!

He knows the cover two and Chicago also knows how to blitz and more importantly WHEN to blitz!

I think we vastly improve with this guy IF we address both DT's and maybe LDE, and the safety positions.

Romes
01-31-2006, 07:02 AM
I actually have no issue with the hire. They, unlike us, played real defense this year. Here is how I see it...

He is a DB coach right? So we know our DB's will FINALLY Be used correctly. That means we improve. As a DB coach he knows his guys are only as good as the front line/ pass rush. So that will be a huge priority for him. Again we improve. He also knows in picking his linemen he needs much greater play from the front 4 so the LB's are more open to perform and not take on blockers. Still more improvement!

He knows the cover two and Chicago also knows how to blitz and more importantly WHEN to blitz!

I think we vastly improve with this guy IF we address both DT's and maybe LDE, and the safety positions.

Gray was first a DB in the league. Then a DB coach, then a DC. Now he is back to being a DB coach. This theory didn't hold true for Gray.

ICE74129
01-31-2006, 07:05 AM
Yeah but Romes, I have heard some really screwed up crap about gray. NO coach on this team has liked him. And the clown talks about himself in the 3rd person?

Can you immagine being Sam Adams and hearing 'The Gray says do this!'. :wtf:

Romes
01-31-2006, 07:09 AM
:rofl:

Yeah, I agree I'm glad gray is gone, too. I just don't think that the specific position a coach coaches prior to becoming a coordinator really matters.

That said I agree, if we improve on the DL our defense will improve greatly as a whole unit.

Saratoga Slim
01-31-2006, 07:22 AM
Bears' secondary looked pretty damn sharp this year. I guess if we're going to try out an up-and-comer, the league's best defense is as good a place as any to steal him from. I'm not quite as concerned about trying out a young guy as a DC b/c Jauron knows that side of the ball too. I just hope Fairchild's the real deal.

Michael82
01-31-2006, 07:45 AM
I like the move. It's not someone experienced like Jim Bates, but he can go to hell. The guy wanted the moon. :ill:

I'm liking this move. Apparently, the Bears wanted to keep him, but figured he would get a DC job considering how his Bears' secondary has been lately.

gr8slayer
01-31-2006, 07:47 AM
Perry who?

BillsFever21
01-31-2006, 07:50 AM
Who the hell is this? It better work out Dick.

The Bears secondary didn't look very well against Carolina when they couldn't cover one offense weapon in Steve Smith the entire game.

Michael82
01-31-2006, 07:55 AM
Who the hel is this? It better work out Dick.

The Bears secondary didn't look very well against Carolina when they couldn't cover one offense weapon in Steve Smith the entire game.
I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. First negative post. Congrats. :up:

BillsFever21
01-31-2006, 08:20 AM
I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. First negative post. Congrats. :up:

Glad I could help.

Just a friendly reminder to some. Two years ago tons of posters were saying how great of a staff Mularkey brought in and we were going places. They proceeded to rip on those of us who didn't join the cliche.

Now two years later Mularkey and his merry band of idiots proved to be failures and now the same optimism or homerism(whichever) is going on again. Don't be too upset a couple more years from now.

I just wish myself and some other realists could be wrong for once on our moves so we could be happy later on because that would mean we are actually a good team for once.

RedEyE
01-31-2006, 08:31 AM
They hired the lead singer of Jane's Addiction? :eek:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-31-2006, 08:54 AM
If we can't get the number one candidate....the guy we really wanted.....everything else is just details. No matter who you hire, it's not
the guy you really wanted.

I for one am happy to give this young guy a chance, but until he proves otherwise, he will always be thought of as the #2 option.

patmoran2006
01-31-2006, 09:01 AM
Yes.. The Bears DB's were real nice this year..

And I'm not being critical (I dont mind the hire) but I will say this.. It's a lot easier for your DBs to be successful when you got Urlacher, Alex Brown and Tommie Harris getting after the quarterback.

Catch my drift.

Philagape
01-31-2006, 09:01 AM
Of all of our hires this year, this one is the most encouraging. Fewell was a big contributor to the Bears defense, considering that two of his DBs made the Pro Bowl. Looks like his secondaries are ball hawks:

Fewell has coached two Pro Bowlers during his NFL tenure: safety Carnell Lake with Jacksonville in 1999 and safety Aeneas Williams with St. Louis in 2003. In his first season in St. Louis where he coached under thendefensive coordinator Lovie Smith, Fewell helped the Rams tie for fourth in the NFL with 24 interceptions. In Jacksonville, he helped the Jaguars register a franchise-record 19 interceptions in 1999. Fewell has coached in the playoffs in four of his seven NFL seasons.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/coachbio.jsp?id=6295

ICE74129
01-31-2006, 09:10 AM

And I'm not being critical (I dont mind the hire) but I will say this.. It's a lot easier for your DBs to be successful when you got Urlacher, Alex Brown and Tommie Harris getting after the quarterback.

Catch my drift.

And he understands that. You can bet on a couple new DL this year.

Saratoga Slim
01-31-2006, 09:20 AM
you can also bet that if Nate Clements isn't in a Bills uni we'll have someone new on the field who can play ball.

Patti120
01-31-2006, 09:22 AM
They hired the lead singer of Jane's Addiction? :eek:
:roflmao:

mysticsoto
01-31-2006, 10:43 AM
Things have suprisingly been low key on discussing this guy. Does anyone know alot about him? What system might he prefer? 4-3 or 3-4 ? Does he prefer cover 2...etc

alohabillsfan
01-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Things have suprisingly been low key on discussing this guy. Does anyone know alot about him? What system might he prefer? 4-3 or 3-4 ? Does he prefer cover 2...etc

apparently he likes the cover two, that is cover the other 2 guys n the Panthers and leave Steve Smith running open all over the field! :plane:

The Natrix
01-31-2006, 10:52 AM
Is it pronounced "fuel?"

Throne Logic
01-31-2006, 11:09 AM
I guess my disappointment isn't over the selection for our DC. It's over the fact that we're most likely not going to switch to the 3-4 base. I feel our current roster is better suited for the 3-4.

Overall, I'm happier with this selection that with Bates.

Mahdi
01-31-2006, 11:10 AM
you can also bet that if Nate Clements isn't in a Bills uni we'll have someone new on the field who can play ball.
I think Nate will be let go. Correct if I'm wrong but isnt the need for a lock-down, man-to-man corner like Nate supposedly is less crucial in a zone-coverage or cover two scheme. Which means we can let Nate go and focus on the D-line.

Mahdi
01-31-2006, 11:11 AM
I guess my disappointment isn't over the selection for our DC. It's over the fact that we're most likely not going to switch to the 3-4 base. I feel our current roster is better suited for the 3-4.

Chicago runs a 4-3, why would we move to a 3-4

BAM
01-31-2006, 11:16 AM
Isn't that the guy from Jane's Addiction

Throne Logic
01-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Chicago runs a 4-3, why would we move to a 3-4

Um, that was my point, that we are
most likely not going to switch to the 3-4 base.

hydro014
01-31-2006, 11:25 AM

Catch my drift.

Thats why i think people should back off of Nate.

The Natrix
01-31-2006, 11:29 AM
Isn't that the guy from Jane's Addiction

no.

Mahdi
01-31-2006, 11:29 AM
Um, that was my point, that we are .
O I C....missed that in yer post! sorry

Michael82
01-31-2006, 11:34 AM

Huh? Other than our LBs...I disagree. We don't have 3-4 linemen and I don't Fletcher is too small to be a 3-4 LB.

mysticsoto
01-31-2006, 11:36 AM

I disagree. I don't think we are very suited to a 3-4 right now. Not that we can't be, but it would mean we have to devote alot of our drafts for this. Which means we have to use FA for the Oline (or vice versa).

I suppose we could if we did something like:

Ron Edwards Ted Washington Sam Adams

Posey Spikes Fletcher Schobel (might be too slow)/Crowell

We'd still need to get some draft picks to supplement. Manny Lawson, Chad Greenway and Gabe Watson might be good candidates, but our 1st pick would be difficult at #8 - as none of these is worth going that high, but only 1 is likely available for our 2nd rd pick. The best would be to trade down our #8 to get another lower 1st and 3rd or if possible lower 1st and 2nd (probably unlikely). At best we could get 2 of the 3, with Watson and Lawson being the most important.

Someone mentioned in another post trading Schobel for a 1st rd pick if we went to a 3-4. That would probably become necessary if we did this - which in turn might allow us to pick up Chad Greenway after all.

Of course this means we get no Olinemen in the 1st 2 picks - which probably means losing getting a decent guard. We could probably still pick up a decent OT in the 3rd, but he won't be top calibre and our Oline is probably even more important to pay attention to with a newbie QB that needs time and an Oline that hasn't been great since the Kent Hull days.

We also wouldn't have good backups for some of these. What if Sam or Ted go down...who takes their place? Bannan? Tim Anderson? Neither is suited for that position. Since they are getting older, they will need to be out from time to time and we don't have anyone that can adequately replace their roles in this system. And we don't have good backups for the LBs that will now need to be bigger. Depth would be a concern. We could go look up Constantin Ritzman...he would probably fit well in this scheme as a backup OLB...Stamer would be a backup ILB and Grause might fit to backup Edwards at DE...but overall, our depth would still be lacking.

Gunzlingr
01-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Perry Fewell
http://www.chicagobears.com/images/common/spacer.gif
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#cccccc border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.chicagobears.com/images/common/spacer.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.chicagobears.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/GJDGMJJHFLEK/Fewell_Perry_CHI_2005.jpg</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px; LINE-HEIGHT: 18px" noWrap>Position: Defensive Backs

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#cccccc border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.chicagobears.com/images/common/spacer.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- get Paragraphs string -->Seven-year NFL veteran Perry Fewell is in his first season as the Bears defensive backs coach after being hired on January 20, 2005. Fewell spent the previous two seasons as the secondary coach for the St. Louis Rams after serving five seasons in the same position for the Jacksonville Jaguars (1998-2002).
Fewell has coached two Pro Bowlers during his NFL tenure: safety Carnell Lake with Jacksonville in 1999 and safety Aeneas Williams with St. Louis in 2003. In his first season in St. Louis where he coached under thendefensive coordinator Lovie Smith, Fewell helped the Rams tie for fourth in the NFL with 24 interceptions. In Jacksonville, he helped the Jaguars register a franchise-record 19 interceptions in 1999. Fewell has coached in the playoffs in four of his seven NFL seasons.
Prior to advancing to the NFL, Fewell spent 13 seasons as an assistant coach in college. As the secondary coach at Vanderbilt from 1995-97 (assistant head coach/secondary in 1997), Fewell tutored two players who are currently playing in the NFL. Minnesota's Corey Chavous, a 2003 Pro Bowler, finished his career in 1997 with the fourth-most interceptions in Commodores history before being drafted in the second round by Arizona. San Francisco cornerback and returner Jimmy Williams finished his career in 1997 with the seventh-most interceptions all-time at Vandy after beginning his career with one season under Fewell. Originally drafted in the sixth round by Buffalo in 2001, Williams started a career-high six of 12 games played for the 49ers in 2004.
Fewell began his coaching career as a graduate assistant at North Carolina from 1985-86, followed by a season as the defensive backs coach at Army in 1987. He coached wide receivers at Kent State from 1988-91, before returning to Army as the defensive line coach from 1992-94.
A four-year letterwinning defensive back at Lenoir-Rhyne College, Fewell was named the team's most improved player in 1983. He attended South Point High School in Belmont, N.C. and was inducted into the Belmont Sports Hall of Fame in 2001. Fewell and his wife, Kathleen, have one son.
Perry Fewell - Defensive Backs
Playing Experience
Defensive Back, Lenoir-Rhyne College, 1981-84
Coaching Experience
Pro coach: Chicago Bears (defensive backs) 2005-present; St. Louis Rams (secondary) 2003-04; Jacksonville Jaguars (secondary) 1998-2002. College coach: Vanderbilt (assistant head coach/secondary) 1997; Vanderbilt (secondary) 1995-96; Army (defensive line) 1992-94; Kent State (wide receivers) 1988-91; Army (defensive backs) 1987; North Carolina (graduate assistant) 1985-86.

feelthepain
01-31-2006, 11:49 AM
Sounds like the kind hire of a desperate team!!

Mahdi
01-31-2006, 11:51 AM
Say Hi to Mike for us!

RedEyE
01-31-2006, 11:52 AM

Were you born a dick? Or did it take a lot of hard work and practice to get that way?

Tatonka
01-31-2006, 12:00 PM
Jane says
I'm done with sergio
He treats me like a ragdoll
She hides
The television
Says 'i don't owe him nothing,
But if he comes back again
Tell him to wait right here for me or,
Try again tomorrow'

and don't forget...

She gets mad
And she starts to cry
Takes a swing but she can't hit!
She don't mean no harm
She just don't know...
What else to do about it

:band:

dplus47
01-31-2006, 12:03 PM
and don't forget...

:band:

"i am the killer of people, you look like a meatball
i'll throw away your toothpick
and ask for your giveness
because of this thing, because of this thing, because of this thing..."

etc.

"sex is violent. sex is violent. sex is violent..."

Tatonka
01-31-2006, 12:07 PM
"I've been caught stealing:once when I was five.
I enjoy stealing, it's just as simple as that.
Well it's just a simple fact,
when I want something, man,
I don't wanna pay for it.
I walk right through the door and I walk right through the door.
Hey all right!
If I get by, it's mine.
Mine, all mine!"

Tatonka
01-31-2006, 12:09 PM
on a serious note..

the hiring is what it is.. there was not alot left..

i felt we needed an experienced coordinator...

BUT

i like lovie smiths defense.. this is like a cheap hiring of ron rivera..

so lets see how it goes.

feelthepain
01-31-2006, 12:24 PM
Were you born a dick? Or did it take a lot of hard work and practice to get that way?

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure you broke some rules with that post. Whats the matter to immature to accept the moves of an organization that has no clue?? You think this hire was anything but a desperate hire?? There is no one of any value willing to go to the Bills at this point and time,thats why you get people no ones ever heard of. Your bitterness is obvious, so I guess you feel it ok to post like a two year old.

feelthepain
01-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Say Hi to Mike for us!

If I knew him, I would.

justasportsfan
01-31-2006, 12:34 PM
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure you broke some rules with that post. My b!tch is trying to play a victim. You're not fooling anyone with your damsel in distress act. Now be a good b!tch and go clean the toilet. Pronto, puta!!!

mysticsoto
01-31-2006, 12:39 PM
My b!tch is trying to play a victim. You're not fooling anyone with your damsel in distress act. Now be a good b!tch and go clean the toilet. Pronto, puta!!!

RedEyE
01-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure you broke some rules with that post. Whats the matter to immature to accept the moves of an organization that has no clue?? You think this hire was anything but a desperate hire?? There is no one of any value willing to go to the Bills at this point and time,thats why you get people no ones ever heard of. Your bitterness is obvious, so I guess you feel it ok to post like a two year old.

lol

You have no idea. If you want to come on this board and draw reaction in the very "mature" manner in which you present yourself, then expect a little of the same in return. And just to clarify, I was being sarcastic in my initial post.

It's really quite obvious to all of us on how you became a dick.

feelthepain
01-31-2006, 01:17 PM
My b!tch is trying to play a victim. You're not fooling anyone with your damsel in distress act. Now be a good b!tch and go clean the toilet. Pronto, puta!!!

Hey Justanancy.....the Bills suck and you showed them how!

feelthepain
01-31-2006, 01:18 PM

wow...good response.

feelthepain
01-31-2006, 01:20 PM
lol

You have no idea. If you want to come on this board and draw reaction in the very "mature" manner in which you present yourself, then expect a little of the same in return. And just to clarify, I was being sarcastic in my initial post.

It's really quite obvious to all of us on how you became a dick.

I guess it takes a DICK to recognize a dick.

mysticsoto
01-31-2006, 01:20 PM
wow...good response.

It didn't need one. He owned you up and you apparently think that your lame snoozy comeback "Justanancy" made up for it. Ha! Ha!

The Zone mascot never changes...

justasportsfan
01-31-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey Justanancy.....the Bills suck and you showed them how!Why you ungrateful little b!tch. I swear if beating the crap out of girls like you were not a crime...... now quit yapping. The dogs still need to be fed.

SquishDaFish
01-31-2006, 01:26 PM
HaHaHaHA FTP your nothing but a moron. We can have a 16 year old coach our Defense and it will still shut down Pukelarkys offense this year.

feelthepain
01-31-2006, 01:30 PM
It didn't need one. He owned you up and you apparently think that your lame snoozy comeback "Justanancy" made up for it. Ha! Ha!

The Zone mascot never changes...

Wow coming from you this insult means.....nothing!! Enjoy Dick!!

feelthepain
01-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Why you ungrateful little b!tch. I swear if beating the crap out of girls like you were not a crime...... now quit yapping. The dogs still need to be fed.

Wow, I was just threatened by Skreetch!!

feelthepain
01-31-2006, 01:44 PM
HaHaHaHA FTP your nothing but a moron. We can have a 16 year old coach our Defense and it will still shut down Pukelarkys offense this year.

Yeah thats it!!

Michael82
01-31-2006, 01:55 PM
If you guys want to talk smack, take it to the smack zone. But please cool it with the personal attacks.

Thank You.

Dont drink the water
01-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Perry Fewell, defensive backfield coach for the Chicago Bears, reached an agreement in principle to become the new defensive coordinator for Bills head coach Dick Jauron, NFL and Chicago sources told the Buffalo News.

It's probable that Fewell would adopt a defensive style similar to the one used by Lovie Smith in Chicago, which is similar to the zone-coverage system employed by Indianapolis coach Tony Dungy.

I have spoken to Chicago fans and they ahve nothing but good thigns to say about him until I told them he was leaving to go to Buffalo! :rofl:

Michael82
01-31-2006, 02:04 PM
I have spoken to Chicago fans and they ahve nothing but good thigns to say about him until I told them he was leaving to go to Buffalo! :rofl:
That's great news. :D

mysticsoto
01-31-2006, 02:20 PM
Wow coming from you this insult means.....nothing!! Enjoy Dick!!
If you don't have anything to contribute intelligently, then :stfu:. In which case you should be quiet ALL the time. And take your pill before you hallucinate something...

feelthepain
01-31-2006, 03:53 PM
If you don't have anything to contribute intelligently, then :stfu:. In which case you should be quiet ALL the time. And take your pill before you hallucinate something...

I believe my first post in this thread was contributed intelligently, just because the two year old Bill fans don't know how to handle the truth is your/their problem. Nowhere in the rulse does it say I have to post only what Bill fans want to read. Your team and offseason moves are a joke, the coaches being brought in are to say the least, filler. I'm sorry you don't like it or want to read it, but it is what it is. If you don't like reading the truth then don't log on. This site is for everyone, not exclusive to Bill fans and if you have a problem with it then go start your own site and make your own rules. Till then, you STFU and deal with others that have their own opinions. I can't believe I have to spend the time to explain this to an "adult"!! But then again who said you were.

Dont drink the water
01-31-2006, 03:58 PM

He looks as convincingly in that role as Miami's RB did in the weddign dress.

Dont drink the water
01-31-2006, 04:01 PM
Buffalo Bills have not confirmed he is going to Buffalo according to AP and they have not updated the website yet. Do you think they are still negotiating or Buffalo News prematurtely named him?

The Natrix
01-31-2006, 04:02 PM
Feelthepain: Plase stop pondering suicide and do it already!

feelthepain
01-31-2006, 04:12 PM
If you guys want to talk smack, take it to the smack zone. But please cool it with the personal attacks.

Thank You.

Looks like the Bill fans just can't help themselves.

Romes
01-31-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm not sure how much he can be held responsible for the schemes the Bears tried against Smith. But to say the least his last coaching performance left a lot to be desired.

mysticsoto
01-31-2006, 06:29 PM
I believe my first post in this thread was contributed intelligently, just because the two year old Bill fans don't know how to handle the truth is your/their problem. Nowhere in the rulse does it say I have to post only what Bill fans want to read. Your team and offseason moves are a joke, the coaches being brought in are to say the least, filler. I'm sorry you don't like it or want to read it, but it is what it is. If you don't like reading the truth then don't log on. This site is for everyone, not exclusive to Bill fans and if you have a problem with it then go start your own site and make your own rules. Till then, you STFU and deal with others that have their own opinions. I can't believe I have to spend the time to explain this to an "adult"!! But then again who said you were.

Well if you contributed intelligently to a discussion, I have yet to see that. Just b'cse lack of medication makes you think you're talking intelligently doesn't mean you are. You're still upset b'cse Justa owned you just like he always does. Get over it...you should be used to it already!

BAM
01-31-2006, 06:30 PM
Jane says... I'm done with Sergio!

feelthepain
01-31-2006, 06:40 PM
Well if you contributed intelligently to a discussion, I have yet to see that. Just b'cse lack of medication makes you think you're talking intelligently doesn't mean you are. You're still upset b'cse Justa owned you just like he always does. Get over it...you should be used to it already!

You don't see it because you're not old enough to understand constructive criticism. Just because I'm not on the Bills bandwagon doesn't mean I don't have a legit opinion!! Grow up and maybe you'll see it. BTW, you and justa make a cute couple when do the two of plan on having kids?? Here's a little advice, they kinda discourage same sex parents, so you two may be out of luck.

RedEyE
01-31-2006, 06:44 PM
Give it a rest man. You're factless banter is growing tiresome.

mysticsoto
01-31-2006, 07:05 PM
You don't see it because you're not old enough to understand constructive criticism. Just because I'm not on the Bills bandwagon doesn't mean I don't have a legit opinion!! Grow up and maybe you'll see it. BTW, you and justa make a cute couple when do the two of plan on having kids?? Here's a little advice, they kinda discourage same sex parents, so you two may be out of luck.

You're not on the Bills Bandwagon? The only thing you're ever on is Prozac. You come here to criticize and stir trouble - nothing else. I love it when your own fellow fin fans tell you off. Wasn't too long ago that LtFinFan, I believe, told you to shove it and to STFU...I remember that you disappeared for days. Ahhh...the peacefulness. What bliss.

feelthepain
02-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Give it a rest man. You're factless banter is growing tiresome.

So is your brainless drivel!!

feelthepain
02-01-2006, 12:51 AM
You're not on the Bills Bandwagon? The only thing you're ever on is Prozac. You come here to criticize and stir trouble - nothing else. I love it when your own fellow fin fans tell you off. Wasn't too long ago that LtFinFan, I believe, told you to shove it and to STFU...I remember that you disappeared for days. Ahhh...the peacefulness. What bliss.

It would help if you had a clue what you're posting about, but from what I can tell you never do.

vicmantak
02-01-2006, 03:43 AM
Ron Edwards Ted Washington Sam Adams<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Posey Spikes Fletcher Schobel (might be too slow)/Crowell<o:p></o:p>
We'd still need to get some draft picks to supplement. Manny Lawson, Chad Greenway and Gabe Watson might be good candidates, but our 1st pick would be difficult at #8 - as none of these is worth going that high, but only 1 is likely available for our 2nd rd pick. The best would be to trade down our #8 to get another lower 1st and 3rd or if possible lower 1st and 2nd (probably unlikely). At best we could get 2 of the 3, with Watson and Lawson being the most important.<o:p></o:p>
Someone mentioned in another post trading Schobel for a 1st rd pick if we went to a 3-4. That would probably become necessary if we did this - which in turn might allow us to pick up Chad Greenway after all.<o:p></o:p>
Of course this means we get no Olinemen in the 1st 2 picks - which probably means losing getting a decent guard. We could probably still pick up a decent OT in the 3rd, but he won't be top calibre and our Oline is probably even more important to pay attention to with a newbie QB that needs time and an Oline that hasn't been great since the Kent Hull days.<o:p></o:p>
We also wouldn't have good backups for some of these. What if Sam or Ted go down...who takes their place? Bannan? Tim Anderson? Neither is suited for that position. Since they are getting older, they will need to be out from time to time and we don't have anyone that can adequately replace their roles in this system. And we don't have good backups for the LBs that will now need to be bigger. Depth would be a concern. We could go look up Constantin Ritzman...he would probably fit well in this scheme as a backup OLB...Stamer would be a backup ILB and Grause might fit to backup Edwards at DE...but overall, our depth would still be lacking.<o:p></o:p>
What a nice post! This is simply Bills reality and according to this facts, the new DC have to face the following matters:<o:p></o:p>
1. Does Perry Fewell and Jauron really have good enough experience to run a 3-4 defense? Are they really prepared for that challenge?<o:p></o:p>
2. Is it a good idea to pursue a 3-4 defense to someone who is going to have this king of responsability for the first time in his life?<o:p></o:p>
3. Does it make sense to "sacrifice" the best lineman (Schobel) and keep 4 mediocre players on Anderson, Bannan, Denney and Edwards and add an untested prospect to stop the run?<o:p></o:p>
On the other side...<o:p></o:p>
1. Could an undersized and more elder London Fletcher be able to stop the run with a same kind of front four?<o:p></o:p>
2. Does it makes sense that an underclassman top draft (Ngata) would be an immediate upgrade over Edwards, Bannan or Anderson?<o:p></o:p>
3. If Bills are going to start their best players, are Bills willing to bench a million dollar LB (whoever) when Bills are facing some i$$ues to add depth at both lines?<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

mysticsoto
02-01-2006, 08:50 AM
It would help if you had a clue what you're posting about, but from what I can tell you never do.

Billszone Mascot Alert! Billszone Mascot Alert!!

:lol:

mysticsoto
02-01-2006, 08:54 AM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>
What a nice post! This is simply Bills reality and according to this facts, the new DC have to face the following matters:<o:p></o:p>
1. Does Perry Fewell and Jauron really have good enough experience to run a 3-4 defense? Are they really prepared for that challenge?<o:p></o:p>
2. Is it a good idea to pursue a 3-4 defense to someone who is going to have this king of responsability for the first time in his life?<o:p></o:p>
3. Does it make sense to "sacrifice" the best lineman (Schobel) and keep 4 mediocre players on Anderson, Bannan, Denney and Edwards and add an untested prospect to stop the run?<o:p></o:p>
On the other side...<o:p></o:p>
1. Could an undersized and more elder London Fletcher be able to stop the run with a same kind of front four?<o:p></o:p>
2. Does it makes sense that an underclassman top draft (Ngata) would be an immediate upgrade over Edwards, Bannan or Anderson?<o:p></o:p>
3. If Bills are going to start their best players, are Bills willing to bench a million dollar LB (whoever) when Bills are facing some i$$ues to add depth at both lines?<o:p></o:p>

Thanks. Rather than argue with Op over how bad the Bills are going to be this year, I rather talk about possible draft picks and FA pickups. Since people have mentioned going to the 3-4 but nobody has actually looked into what it might take to go there, I thought it'd be interesting to examine doing so. Phew! I think people better be ready for another terrible season if we do. The transition would take 2 years...

justasportsfan
02-01-2006, 08:59 AM
You don't see it because you're not old enough to understand constructive criticism. Just because I'm not on the Bills bandwagon doesn't mean I don't have a legit opinion!! Grow up and maybe you'll see it. BTW, you and justa make a cute couple when do the two of plan on having kids?? Here's a little advice, they kinda discourage same sex parents, so you two may be out of luck. I apologize for my b!tch's actions here on BZ. I told him that the plunger goes in the toilet and not up his a##. The b!tch never listens.

PLease don't mind him.

Back to topic.

mysticsoto
02-01-2006, 09:01 AM
I apologize for my b!tch's actions here on BZ. I told him that the plunger goes in the toilet and not up his a##. The b!tch never listens.

It might be time to start ignoring her. She's been b!tching constantly lately. Must be that time of the month...

tampabay25690
02-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Its funny with Takeo coming back and all of our other coaches and front office staff that are out this guy could look like a genius next year. Last year was just a tuff year and I like the moves that the Bills have made I like Juron coming in and I think the players will really play welll for the guy.......I like the move for our DC and I like the move for Fairchild also........WOuld i would like the Bills to do is go out and get a FA DT to go next to Sam I like Damione Lewis ST Louis or Triplett from Indi would be good and both are young guys lock them here for a while......Cut Nate loose he gets burned more then any corner that I see that thinks he is one of the best...........Moulds restructure big time, or let loose and look for a #1 or #2 WR in FA rookie class is not that solid this year in WR's.............

Mr. Cynical
02-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Just another move that confirms my sig.

Kerr
02-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Another db coach coverting to a first time DC? Hmm, sounds a lot like Jerry Gray. Hopefully he doesn't back up the corners 10 yds off the receivers like Gray did. The good thing is he comes from a great Bears D. Great cover 2 system, which makes many corners look into better corners. Hopefully it works out for us.