PDA

View Full Version : Denver go to HELL?

kgun12
01-31-2006, 10:27 AM
All the news services are reporting that T.O. and his agent Drew Rosenhaus are meeting with the Dever Broncos. Here is what Fox is saying:

"Owens and his agent have been given permission to seek a trade out of Philadelphia. And teams such as Denver, Dallas, Tampa Bay and Miami have been linked to his services."

I just don't understand why any of these teams would tade for him when he will be cut soon!

ICE74129
01-31-2006, 11:31 AM
Rosendork and TO are screwed. He will have to sign a contract that says if he even looks at a team mate wrong he is suspended, de activated and gives back signing bonus money.

This guy won't have a long leash anywhere he goes. I think shanahan feels if he had TO they would have beaten Pittsburgh. It has merrit, who knows.

TO is just about done in this league.

Gunzlingr
01-31-2006, 11:34 AM
TO has crapped in his own nest a few too many times.

Mahdi
01-31-2006, 11:42 AM
TO has crapped in his own nest a few too many times.
Yet if he signs with Denver he may have a carreer year. Owens, Rod Smith, Ashley Leslie, plus a feared running game... That would be a tough offense to defend.

TacklingDummy
01-31-2006, 11:44 AM
Ownes, Moulds, Evans, McGahee, wow Holcomb could light this town up.

Mahdi
01-31-2006, 11:49 AM
Ownes, Moulds, Evans, McGahee, wow Holcomb could light this town up.
Something tells me Owens wont be thrilled to have a 6.5 yard per reception average.

Tatonka
01-31-2006, 11:51 AM
call me crazy.. but i think that owens probably learned the hard way that he can not act like such a major ******* this past year.. regardless of what you think of him (and i think he is a total polesmoker).. he obviously loves to play and wants the ball in clutch situations..

i am willing to bet that the next team he signs on with will get a newly dedicated and dominant wr..

if denver got him, their offense would be unstoppable.. period.

helmetguy
01-31-2006, 11:52 AM
How long does anyone think it would take Owens to start ripping on Plummer, or any QB, depending on where he dumps down?

Tatonka
01-31-2006, 12:03 PM
i dont think he will do it again.

The Natrix
01-31-2006, 12:08 PM
Even if he behaves, his skills may decline soon. He's been around for 10 years...

lordofgun
01-31-2006, 12:28 PM
The reason teams want to trade is because when TO is vut, he'd be available to ALL 32 teams, whereas if you can work a trade first, you get his exclusive rights.

DBrown77
01-31-2006, 12:36 PM
isnt Denver in cap hell? maybe they will dump off a couple decent players that make good money for TO?

lordofgun
01-31-2006, 12:42 PM
I'm starting to believe there's no such thing as cap hell.

kgun12
01-31-2006, 01:45 PM
call me crazy.. but i think that owens probably learned the hard way that he can not act like such a major ******* this past year.. regardless of what you think of him (and i think he is a total polesmoker).. he obviously loves to play and wants the ball in clutch situations..

i am willing to bet that the next team he signs on with will get a newly dedicated and dominant wr..

You may be right T, but i just don't think a leopard can change his spots!

Dont drink the water
01-31-2006, 04:26 PM

You are crazy. TO will be an idiot wherever he plays - it is in his nature - and will treat any criticism as people not appreciating how great (of a jerk) he is.

Typ0
01-31-2006, 04:32 PM

I don't fully agree that he's going to turn into some kind of saint...but I can see where a lot of players in the league (BRONCOS) don't give a hoot because TO is one of the great talents in the league. I also believe TO did kind of get a raw deal in Philly but he also turned around and took it out on his teammates instead of the organization which was a big no no. People can ***** and moan all they want about "he signed the contract" but these franchises constantly are pushing players into renegotiations based on their performance why shouldn't it go the other way around?

Typ0
01-31-2006, 04:33 PM
I also might add....TO is a good fit in Denver....Shanahan would have a boot up his ass the whole time no doubt.

ICE74129
01-31-2006, 04:34 PM
How long does anyone think it would take Owens to start ripping on Plummer, or any QB, depending on where he dumps down?

About as much time as it takes for Shanahan to suspend his ass. Look Denver won't put up with that BS.

Typ0
01-31-2006, 04:40 PM
I really think we as fans and the media put way too much stock in the belief players are going to respond negatively to all of these types of comments. The truth is if you look at it from the perspective of a player they must kind of think it's really funny for the most part. We forget how emotional the game is and how important it is to believe you are the best on the field.

Well that's a good thing. If I was a coach, player or manager those are the types of attitudes I would want for the most part...not some guy that putzed around believing "maybe I'm good". And since ego's play such a big part of the game I think you have to learn to dog off the ego's to a certain extent if you really want to be a part of an nfl franchise.

tat2dmike77
01-31-2006, 04:47 PM

By the end of the first week in training camp.:punch:

The_Philster
01-31-2006, 05:32 PM
i dont think he will do it again.
you believe in the tooth fairy too, right?

Typ0
01-31-2006, 05:33 PM
you believe in the tooth fairy too, right?

show me a kid who the tooth fairy didn't show up for...

Saratoga Slim
01-31-2006, 07:03 PM
I also believe TO did kind of get a raw deal in Philly but he also turned around and took it out on his teammates instead of the organization which was a big no no.

how exactly did he get a raw deal in Philly? was it that 49 million dollar contract they made him take? or the fact that they kept throwing the damn ball at him and made him do all that hard work?

sorry, I'm bitter. I lived in philly for a while and kinda like the Eagles. TO created his own problems.

TacklingDummy
01-31-2006, 07:28 PM
Something tells me Owens wont be thrilled to have a 6.5 yard per reception average.

That's better then 5.88. I wonder who's that was.

Typ0
01-31-2006, 07:38 PM
how exactly did he get a raw deal in Philly? was it that 49 million dollar contract they made him take? or the fact that they kept throwing the damn ball at him and made him do all that hard work?

sorry, I'm bitter. I lived in philly for a while and kinda like the Eagles. TO created his own problems.

it's the fact that he was to take the field every time this season with zero guaranteed money and he's one of the best talents in the league.

Billsrock4life
01-31-2006, 08:00 PM
i dont and hope mike shannahan isnt the kind of person that would put up wit TO's selfish attitude

ebill00
01-31-2006, 08:22 PM
My take on this is, F**k TO or any other player that does't realize what a great position he's in. It will take me 15 years! to make One Million dollars, and they're F***ing whining and crying? Shut the F**k UP!!!!!!!!!!!

tat2dmike77
01-31-2006, 08:23 PM
show me a kid who the tooth fairy didn't show up for...

Right here
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/don_banks/08/21/eagles.offense/tx_owens_all.jpg