PDA

View Full Version : If Clements gets Tagged.

patmoran2006
01-31-2006, 12:25 PM
If the Bills were to tag Clements..

What kind of salary are we looking based on the top five currently?

Michael82
01-31-2006, 01:14 PM
I think it's like $5.3 or $5.8 million. It has gone down recently. :phew:

tonyc37
01-31-2006, 01:38 PM
you looking at 8.8 million according to Mort on ESPN the other day

patmoran2006
01-31-2006, 01:51 PM
levy is HIGH if he is willing pay Clements more than $8 million dollars.. I'd rather bring Jerry Gray back, as our starting corner..

$5 million range, then I do think he's worth it.. 8 mill, not a chance.

Devin
01-31-2006, 03:29 PM
CB is currently the highest.

Hopefully we can trade him, but its a risk using the tag period.

ICE74129
01-31-2006, 03:31 PM
Mort may be full of it. The geek clayton (who knows those numbers better) put it at about 5.5 mill.

Now if it is 8 mill....Clements is gone.

TacklingDummy
01-31-2006, 03:34 PM
We need Nate. He's the best player on our defense and he deserves to be paid.

If Nate goes and When McGee is made a fool of next year as our #1 CB, I don;t want to hear anyone complaining.

Devin
01-31-2006, 03:34 PM
if its 5.5 I wouldnt have a clue what those numbers are based on or why all of a sudden it dropped over 3 mil.

The number is 8.3-8.8 normally.

ICE74129
01-31-2006, 03:45 PM
It was actually 10 mill this year (Charles Woodson). It dropped because as of now 07 is an uncapped year.

Devin
01-31-2006, 03:56 PM
At last report (a few weeks-1 month ago roughly) CB was still the highest at almost 9 mil.

Dont drink the water
01-31-2006, 04:14 PM
You need to look at 2005 figures or 2006 figures. 2005 figures were much higher due to Winfield and other CBs front laoded contracts. Those numbers were a one time jump and ESPN has been posting old data and redating it.

People need to read Clump's 2006 Franchise and Transition Players (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=91417) before they post and look foolish.

Bert102176
01-31-2006, 05:43 PM
I say we tag and trade Nate then try to sign the one guy from the Steelers and if we can beef up the DL and get more pressure on QB's it'll help the DB's out alot

Billsrock4life
01-31-2006, 08:10 PM
we need to keep nate and we should tag him and wait till next year to sign him a bigger deal when we have more money

clumping platelets
01-31-2006, 10:07 PM
Me thinks some people do not know the cap forum exists :sadwalk:

ublinkwescore
01-31-2006, 11:05 PM
translation - Clump feels unapreciated right now.

clumping platelets
01-31-2006, 11:12 PM
:(

LifetimeBillsFan
02-01-2006, 03:21 AM
Clumpy has done a great job of outlining the Bills' cap situation and addressing Williams, Moulds and Clements individually on the Cap Forum.

Both he and Clayton have the franchise tag at under $ 6 million--in the $5.3-$5.8 million range). At that price, the Bills can afford to tag and keep Clements, if he will not sign an extension with them. Even if the Bills go over to a primarily Cover 2 defense, keeping Clements for at least this year will not only help them in their transition to a new defensive scheme, but also buy them another year to rebuild their defense. They could concentrate on addressing their most glaring weaknesses--DT, offensive line and strong safety (also WR if Moulds is gone)--without having to be concerned with finding a replacement for Clements. At the franchise tag price, it's almost a "no-brainer"--they pretty much have to tag him this year if he won't re-sign with them at a cap-friendly price. And, he would have to play hard even if he's unhappy about being tagged because he couldn't afford to wind up on the free agent market after having two bad years in a row--it would cost him too much money because he couldn't get top dollar then.

ICE74129
02-01-2006, 06:51 AM
Clumpy has done a great job of outlining the Bills' cap situation and addressing Williams, Moulds and Clements individually on the Cap Forum.

Both he and Clayton have the franchise tag at under $ 6 million--in the $5.3-$5.8 million range). At that price, the Bills can afford to tag and keep Clements, if he will not sign an extension with them. Even if the Bills go over to a primarily Cover 2 defense, keeping Clements for at least this year will not only help them in their transition to a new defensive scheme, but also buy them another year to rebuild their defense. They could concentrate on addressing their most glaring weaknesses--DT, offensive line and strong safety (also WR if Moulds is gone)--without having to be concerned with finding a replacement for Clements. At the franchise tag price, it's almost a "no-brainer"--they pretty much have to tag him this year if he won't re-sign with them at a cap-friendly price. And, he would have to play hard even if he's unhappy about being tagged because he couldn't afford to wind up on the free agent market after having two bad years in a row--it would cost him too much money because he couldn't get top dollar then.

We can't afford clements until other moves are made. We have about 6.5 mill going into the offseason. 5.5 of that for clements and we are screwed on getting anyone the first day of FA. Hell we can't even draft with that little amount of cap room. Moves need to be made and quickly. FA is about a month from now.

eyedog
02-01-2006, 10:07 AM
If you need cap room and money to sign Nate I'm sure it can be done.
Not being a cap guy I would do this, cut Moulds, Vincent, Baby Mikey, Campbell, the other fat left guard, and if you need some more there are about another half dozen that are basically worthless. I realize you will have to eat some dead cap space but so be it. You replace these guys with all young guys who make nothing. Your rebuilding anyways and you have to keep you GOOD and YOUNG players.

Michael82
02-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Me thinks some people do not know the cap forum exists :sadwalk:
why don't you link to it in your sig? :mad:

Michael82
02-01-2006, 10:18 AM
you looking at 8.8 million according to Mort on ESPN the other day
Mort is a moron.

casdhf
02-01-2006, 11:56 AM
sup mike

alohabillsfan
02-01-2006, 12:47 PM
If you need cap room and money to sign Nate I'm sure it can be done.
Not being a cap guy I would do this, cut Moulds, Vincent, Baby Mikey, Campbell, the other fat left guard, and if you need some more there are about another half dozen that are basically worthless. I realize you will have to eat some dead cap space but so be it. You replace these guys with all young guys who make nothing. Your rebuilding anyways and you have to keep you GOOD and YOUNG players.

I couldn't agree more! We need to cut the fat, and face the facts, we are not a going to be a serious contender next year, play JP, (build an offensive line to protect) draft a (1) OT, (2) C, (3) DT, (3) OG, (4) Saftey, (5) DT, (6) (LB) (7) CB

If we get a late 1st rounder or early 2nd for NC (1/2) Draft another TE Byrd from GA

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 07:17 PM
why don't you link to it in your sig? :mad:
good idea, IMO

vicmantak
02-05-2006, 04:54 AM
I don't know but if Mr. Ralph Wilson and Mr. Marv Levy really know about investment... IMO it's time to sign him a long term deal. If the cost of putting a franchise tag on a cornerback came back down almost $3 million... it means that he could potentially be signed with 1/3 less money.

Many veteran fans will agree with me but quality and durable CB are rare "specimens" and if you consider that Clements could end up as a FS... he is arguably worth this money...