PDA

View Full Version : Mcgahee buys home in OP

DBrown77
01-31-2006, 12:27 PM
Found this on another Bills Message board. Maybe he will be here after this year.

ORCHARD PARK

• 9 Mourning Dove Court, Bielmeier Builders Inc. to Willis McGahee, $720,000

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...30/1057930.asp (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060130/1057930.asp)

OpIv37
01-31-2006, 12:30 PM
he's probably planning to flip it- you know how property in the Buffalo area just skyrockets in value....

BigZ
01-31-2006, 12:33 PM
he's probably planning to flip it- you know how property in the Buffalo area just skyrockets in value....

LOL

justasportsfan
01-31-2006, 01:06 PM
Did he build a statue of himself with the words" BEST runningback in the NFL" engraved, yet?

patmoran2006
01-31-2006, 01:58 PM
I hope its a house financed through HSBC.

If he's 2 days late on his taxes.. I will make sure he gets FORECLOSED!

Ebenezer
01-31-2006, 03:49 PM
I think it shows committment to wanting to be here...and it is only a few miles from my house :ontome:

Dont drink the water
01-31-2006, 04:08 PM
I think McGahee discovered he was paying too much in taxes and found out that when you rent the landord has a say in his questionable antics.

Mitchy moo
01-31-2006, 05:17 PM
Found this on another Bills Message board. Maybe he will be here after this year.

ORCHARD PARK

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...30/1057930.asp

For $720,000 the title should read mansion. I think the street I grew up on Orchard Place Cheektowaga NY (between otto's / Captains cove), whole current value is $720,000, lol.

Typ0
01-31-2006, 05:26 PM
I think it shows committment to wanting to be here...and it is only a few miles from my house :ontome:

I agree with you it is a good act to show his commitment. There's going to be one heck of a running back available to us even if we trade down.

Ebenezer
01-31-2006, 06:04 PM
For $720,000 the title should read mansion. I think the street I grew up on Orchard Place Cheektowaga NY (between otto's / Captains cove), whole current value is $720,000, lol.
those houses are huge and they are loaded with every money-costing convinence.

Mr. Cynical
01-31-2006, 06:06 PM
$720K gets you a 600 sq ft, one bedroom where I am. Effing unreal.

Ebenezer
01-31-2006, 06:15 PM
that house he just bought is probably 3500-4000sq ft on a half an acre of land...but it really is what is inside the house that costs...I have a smaller house on more land at nowhere near the cost...that development also help increase the price just on name only.

lynobx
01-31-2006, 06:39 PM
With his attitude and lack of productivity, where would he be going?

Tatonka
01-31-2006, 06:55 PM
that house he just bought is probably 3500-4000sq ft on a half an acre of land...but it really is what is inside the house that costs...I have a smaller house on more land at nowhere near the cost...that development also help increase the price just on name only.

wow.. i didnt realize the cost of houses would be so high in buffalo..

i just bought my house last year.. 3400 sf.. 2 stories, w/ a basement 2.5 car garage on half an acre..

we paid 260k.. but it was in foreclosure.. we did 2 months an 30 k worth of renovations.. but if i was to flip it, i still would only get 400-450k now and it is in great shape.

750k here in richmond, va would get you a brand new 6000 sf house with all the bells and whistles in a gated comminuty.

Tatonka
01-31-2006, 06:56 PM

move then, you effing idiot.

:snicker:

you must live around DC/Northern VA or in california?

Typ0
01-31-2006, 06:57 PM

too bad you name is not Willis McGahee huh?

gr8slayer
01-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Hopefully that means he plans on staying for a while.

Ebenezer
01-31-2006, 07:38 PM
wow.. i didnt realize the cost of houses would be so high in buffalo..

750k here in richmond, va would get you a brand new 6000 sf house with all the bells and whistles in a gated comminuty.

Stuff here in Buffalo is dirt cheap...he built in the Windsong develop which automatically tacks on about $250K just to be in that subdivision...

$750K spent in my area (3 miles from McGahee) will get you 8,000 sq ft house with a 3 or 4 car garage, pool, etc.

clumping platelets
01-31-2006, 10:45 PM
Maybe an extension is in the works???

:ontome:

ublinkwescore
01-31-2006, 11:01 PM
those houses are huge and they are loaded with every money-costing convinence.

I think he just wants to be on MTV Cribs.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-01-2006, 04:29 AM

He must be delighted with Levy, Jauron and Fairchild taking over from TD, MM and TC.

With Thurman Thomas up for the HOF, he has to know that Levy knows how to get the maximum use out of a RB (for all of the explosiveness of the K-Gun offense, the Bills ran the ball 50% of the time--and what RB wouldn't love that!). He also must know that Jauron got Anthony Thomas to be a 1,000 yard back and that Martz's spread offense, like the K-Gun, gives the RB a lot of room to run when its being run properly. Who knows, maybe he's already talked with Levy and the coaches and likes what they've told he about what his role will be.

He was really unhappy with TD and MM last season. According to several articles in the Buffalo area press, Willis felt that Mularkey wasn't using him on 3rd downs and down on the goal line because he has a heavily incentive-laden contract and he felt that Bills management did not want him to reach certain performance incentives that he felt he could easily achieve that would have kicked in significant salary escalators and bonuses this season. On more than one occasion during the season, without saying so directly, McGahee intimated that play-calls and coaching decisions about his playing time, use on in goal-line situations and the number of carries that he was getting were not being made solely from a football standpoint, but with financial reasons in mind as well. Certainly, if he had incentives in his contract that would kick in if he got a certain number of carries, touchdowns and catches this season, one could understand that Willis would become suspicious about the reasons for him consistently being taken out of the game or not being given the ball when the Bills were inside the opposition's 5 yard line (something that had Bills fans screaming about the play-calling this season!). From Willis' post-game comments, it was very obvious that Willis was not at all happy with his role in the Bills' offense this past season--something that I think was reflected in the lackluster nature of his play as the season progressed.

I also suspect that Willis felt that Mike Mularkey hung him out to dry with the way that MM used him this season, especially after he made his comment about being the best running back in the league. How was Willis to be able to back up that comment when Mularkey only let him carry the ball 9 times in one game and 7 times in another? While it was a stupid comment for Willis to have made, Mularkey made it worse by not giving Willis much of an opportunity to answer those critic who were holding him up to ridicule by having a couple of big games. Nobody likes to lose a lot of money or get held up to ridicule and I think that Willis felt that MM and TD at least partially were responsible for both of those things happening to him.

I think McGahee sees the arrival of Levy-Jauron-Fairchild as an opportunity not only for him to have a better chance to achieve those incentives that are in his contract, but for him to show TD and MM and everyone who was laughing at him last year that they were wrong. I think he knows that right now he would not get the kind of recognition or money that he wants as a free agent if he were to leave Buffalo, but that, with the new regime at OBD, he may have an opportunity to get all of those things if he stays at least until he puts up the kinds of numbers that he believes he is capable of. And, it is very likely that Levy and/or Jauron, et al are probably encouraging Willis to see things that way at this point. Buying a house in Orchard Park is one way for Willis to let them know that he is willing to make a committment to them if they are willing to make a committment to him. And IMHO that's not just good for him and for them, but for the Bills and their fans as well.

Billzz
02-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Housing prices are absouletly stupid in Cali. I feel for the people trying to buy now but envy the ones that purchased 10 years ago.

Houing prices here are going sky high also but not to the stupid level yet. I can't even afford to buy the house I live in now having bought it 5 years ago. Dumb huh? Supposed to even out but I can still clear 120k if I sold now, problem is buying something else.

Anyway glad to see he is throwing down roots makes me happy to see a commitment.

Lexwhat
02-01-2006, 02:28 PM

ORCHARD PARK

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...30/1057930.asp

That's kinda crazy. My parents just built a house that was completed in early 2005 by Bielmeier Builders. But it was in Williamsville, not Orchard Park.

Lexwhat
02-01-2006, 02:33 PM
The houses on this street range from about $450,000 to $1.1 Million. The house right next door to me (the most expensive on the street) was the one for $1.1 million. Next door to that house is a house that was about $950,000. THe $950,000 house was built by a district attorney (or former DA). They are both pretty nice.

vicmantak
02-01-2006, 07:00 PM
As an overseas fan, everything seems to be clear and it's not difficult to understand why you are the #1 country. I love democracy and I can only tell you that this kind of "flashes" only make you stronger.

On the other hand, buy your own house as a result of hard work and perseverance is simply an universal dream. Even if he had all the money to do it elsewhere and even if real estate is a low risk "business", as a Bills fan, I really welcomed this news. From my eyes, this is a "signal" of maturity on Willis... something that will really help to make this bit DIFFERENCE.