PDA

View Full Version : Bring on the Cover 2!!!

madness
01-31-2006, 12:59 PM
It's probable that Fewell would adopt a defensive style similar to the one used by Smith in Chicago, which is similar to the zone-coverage system employed by Indianapolis coach Tony Dungy.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060131/1053021.asp

The Cover 2 dominated this year! If you don't know just ask Chicago, Indianapolis or Tampa. This scheme will bring out the full potential of our defense. The Cover 2 thrives on fast physical linebackers/corners and smart, experienced safties leading the charge. All we're missing is another dominate DT besides Adams. So when is big Ted signing? :D

:dance:

FirstDownBills
01-31-2006, 01:02 PM

The Cover 2 dominated this year! If you don't know just ask Chicago, Indianapolis or Tampa. This scheme will bring out the full potential of our defense. The Cover 2 thrives on fast physical linebackers/corners and smart, experienced safties leading the charge. All we're missing is another dominate DT besides Adams. So when is big Ted signing? :D

I'm starting to feel the spirit :dance:

Night Train
01-31-2006, 01:08 PM
There are 3 two gap DT's that I know of, due to become UFA's.

1. Orpheus Roye - Cleveland ( 6-4 310 )
2. Grady Jackson - GB - ( 6-3 345 )
3. Maake Kemoeatu - Balt. - ( 6-5 350 )

Wanna bet one or more of their agents gets a call from Marv ?

madness
01-31-2006, 01:09 PM

I hope so! :pray:

Michael82
01-31-2006, 01:17 PM
i like the idea of a Cover 2 defense. :up:

LifetimeBillsFan
01-31-2006, 02:37 PM

The problem is that London Fletcher isn't fast enough to consistently cover the deep middle routes that are the weakness of the Cover 2. Does anyone else remember Fletcher being torched in pass coverage on passes down the middle a couple of years ago? The Bills would have to add a serious pass-rusher to put more pressure on opposing QBs to avoid getting burned. But, on the other hand, they wouldn't have to tie up a lot of money in Clements because the Cover 2 doesn't require a shutdown CB because the CBs get safety help on deep routes. Of course, then the question would be whether Milloy and Vincent are still fast enough to play the deep responsibilities of the safeties in the Cover 2.

I'd love to see them get Grady Jackson. When Jackson was injured last year Green Bay couldn't stop anybody's running game, but, after he came back, they were SO much better. He's a terrific run-stopper. I wonder how much it would take to sign him?

hydro014
01-31-2006, 03:16 PM

We knew this, Levy said he wanted to change to this during his press conference.

Meister
01-31-2006, 03:36 PM
The only way a cover 2 is effective is if you have a dominant pass rush and a LB that can play 20 yards down field. Its an excellent way to mask the deficiencies in the coverage units of Indy and Chicago but you need an Ogunleye or Freeny first.

hydro014
01-31-2006, 03:43 PM
The only way a cover 2 is effective is if you have a dominant pass rush and a LB that can play 20 yards down field. Its an excellent way to mask the deficiencies in the coverage units of Indy and Chicago but you need an Ogunleye or Freeny first.

what if we had Schobel and Williams? God Please! :pray: