PDA

View Full Version : Just for kicks....

venis2k1
01-31-2006, 03:43 PM
just for kicks i was looking back on old draft previews, and make me realize what a crap shoot it really is. here are some player previews i found interesting...

MIKE WILLIAMS, T , TEXAS

"Unbelievable specimen. Uses his freakish size and strength and dominates oncoming defenders. Great lateral movement to take defensive ends off track. Excels in pass protection. Dominant at run blocking."
— Chris Steuber, Firstdowninc.com

JOSH REED, WR, LSU

"he proves himself from a speed standpoint, that's certainly going to enhance his position with more clubs."
— LSU head coach Nick Saban
WHAT??

DWIGHT FREENEY, DE, SYRACUSE

"There is no question Freeney is one of the 32 most talented prospects available this year. But there is enough uncertainty about how he would fit in to make him a considerable gamble in the first round."
— Dan Pompei, The Sporting News

it also struck me how much our 2000 draft sucked...

1 Erik Flowers DE
2 Travares Tillman
3 Corey Moore
4 Avion Black
5 Sammy Morris
6 Leif Larsen
7 Drew Haddad
7 DaShon Polk

SquishDaFish
01-31-2006, 04:32 PM
God 2000 was horrible.

hammerbillsfan
01-31-2006, 04:34 PM
1 Erik Flowers DE
2 Travares Tillman
3 Corey Moore
4 Avion Black
5 Sammy Morris
6 Leif Larsen
7 Drew Haddad
7 DaShon Polk

:puke:

Devin
01-31-2006, 04:35 PM
Correctamundo.

We can analyze everything all we want, but the draft is and always will be a 50-50 shot no matter the prospect.

patmoran2006
01-31-2006, 04:41 PM
I disagree.
There are busts on every team.. But more often that not, the GOOD teams get it right..

Indy took Freeney maybe higher than projected. A good organization saw something in him many others drafting before did not.

WIth a salary cap even for all teams, the organization that drafts best is ALWAYS going to be near the top, and the teams that draft poorly (Buffalo) are going to pay the price dearly.

Of course, its hindsight AFTER the fact when you miss on picks. But we're fans, nitpicking is our job.. GM and DRaft scouts JOBS are to get it right.

Typ0
01-31-2006, 04:43 PM
all and all....other than the injuries which he hasn't had control over I don't think MW play has been all that bad. The problem is the amount of money he's being paid. We'll have to see what happens to him in the offseason in terms of his contract and his dedication to continuing to improve in this league. It would be a shame to dump him and then next season he turns up on a dominant line wouldn't it?