RB- Reggie Bush
    QB Matt Leinhart
    QB Vince Young
    DE Mario Williams
    OT D'Brcikasahw Ferguson
    LB AJ Hawk
    DB Jimmy Williams
    RB DeAngelo Williams

Thats the top 8. We pcik at 8, one of these guy will be ours. Therefore, any player we pick at 8 at is not on t his list is a reach, IMO.

• Captain Obvious
    I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
    • Jul 2005

Re: The top 8 picks in the NFL draft!

Purely a guess on my part.. I think Jay Cutler the QB from Vanderbilt sneaks into the top 7.. I think he'll have a good combine... ANd maybe the Raiders or the Jets pick him.... Teams have a tendency to reach for QBs Meaning? That increases the chances the bills get either Williams or Hawk or Ferguson...

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
      Heres my take on the top 8 players regardless of position in the draft:

RB- Reggie Bush
      QB Matt Leinhart
      QB Vince Young
      DE Mario Williams
      OT D'Brcikasahw Ferguson
      LB AJ Hawk
      DB Jimmy Williams
      RB DeAngelo Williams

Thats the top 8. We pcik at 8, one of these guy will be ours. Therefore, any player we pick at 8 at is not on t his list is a reach, IMO.
      So what if DeAngelo Williams is the guy there at 8. We don't need a Rb so taking one would be a waste...

Comment

• STAMPY
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Sep 2003

Gimme Mario Williams, Ferguson, or Ngata and Im happy!

Comment

• T-Long
          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
          • Sep 2003

Cutler AND LenDale white might sneak into the top 8. This would be great for the Bills. If Mario Williams or AJ Hawk fall, I'd crap myself. I still don't think Brick is gonna fall that far

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

not much would dissapoint me more as bills fan then if we draft deangelo wiliams but it wont happen. so stop making ******ed posts whoever thinks we going RB with 8th pick

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Hey Djj you have to reread his post before throwing insults. He didnt say that was how the top 8 was going to go. He said that was top 8 pla yers on board.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

I will bet money right now we dont' take RB or CB Even if we lose Nate, with the 8th pick. Marv and Company know LINES are our greatest problems. We will pick OL or DL with that pick.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                  • Jun 2003

Does Deangelo remind anyone of Thurman?
                  www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• Kenny
                    • Aug 2004

Dont forget about Chad Greenway or DeMaco Ryans.
                    If GreenBay picks AJ Hawk, I wouldnt be too surprised if the Raiders went with one of the above Linebackers.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      So what if DeAngelo Williams is the guy there at 8. We don't need a Rb so taking one would be a waste...
                      or a QB
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Aug 2004

The first thing Marv did as a HC with KC and Buffalo was try to fix his defense. Given how bad the Bills run D was this year and how deep the draft is in O-linemen, I am expecting him to do the same thing this time around.

With KC he pushed for a pass-rushing DE, Art Still, then took a DT and a LB with his first three picks in his first draft.

When he got to the Bills, they already had Bruce Smith and, I believe, Fred Smerlas, but, if I recall correctly, they went out and got Conlan with his first draft pick as Buffalo's HC.

Given the D-linemen and LBs that the Bills have, I think he will see D-line as more of a need than LB, if the players are close in ability. If Mario Williams drops to # 8, I can see him taking Williams because, like Still and Smith, Williams is an unusual talent who can make everyone on the defense better with the pressure he can put on the passer. But, pass-rushing DEs can't keep offensive linemen from getting to the LBs in the running game as well as a run-stuffing DT can and it doesn't matter how good a LB is if the DTs don't keep the O-linemen off of them (just ask London Fletcher and Tommy Nobis). So, with Schobel being reasonably productive and Kelsay still developing at DE, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Marv were to decide that the Bills can't afford to pass over a huge, space-eating DT with quick feet like Ngata, even for a DE as talented as Williams or a LB as good as Hawk.

Williams probably is the best pure athlete of the three and it would be really interesting to see how the Bills will have them ranked on their draft board.
                        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                          The first thing Marv did as a HC with KC and Buffalo was try to fix his defense. Given how bad the Bills run D was this year and how deep the draft is in O-linemen, I am expecting him to do the same thing this time around.

With KC he pushed for a pass-rushing DE, Art Still, then took a DT and a LB with his first three picks in his first draft.

When he got to the Bills, they already had Bruce Smith and, I believe, Fred Smerlas, but, if I recall correctly, they went out and got Conlan with his first draft pick as Buffalo's HC.

Given the D-linemen and LBs that the Bills have, I think he will see D-line as more of a need than LB, if the players are close in ability. If Mario Williams drops to # 8, I can see him taking Williams because, like Still and Smith, Williams is an unusual talent who can make everyone on the defense better with the pressure he can put on the passer. But, pass-rushing DEs can't keep offensive linemen from getting to the LBs in the running game as well as a run-stuffing DT can and it doesn't matter how good a LB is if the DTs don't keep the O-linemen off of them (just ask London Fletcher and Tommy Nobis). So, with Schobel being reasonably productive and Kelsay still developing at DE, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Marv were to decide that the Bills can't afford to pass over a huge, space-eating DT with quick feet like Ngata, even for a DE as talented as Williams or a LB as good as Hawk.

Williams probably is the best pure athlete of the three and it would be really interesting to see how the Bills will have them ranked on their draft board.
                          They absolutely cannot pass on Mario if he's available at #8. Top DEs are hard to get ahold of and we may never get another chance. There are several DTs in FA that we might be able to get. Sam Adams still probably has another year or so left in him. Anderson can spell him when he gets tired from time to time or Edwards who apparently plays better in spurts anyway. There are still rumors that Ted Washington could be released by the Raiders and he would like to come back to Buffalo and maybe finish/retire here. I would give him that opportunity.

I was high on Ngata when I 1st saw his size, but we are assuming he would be another Ted/Sam/Pat and I don't think he will be. He played in a weak division and doesn't have experience against elite Centers to go against. I'm not saying he will be bad, but just that I feel not having played elite teams/competition lowers his value to a mid-late teen DT. I understand that if we don't take him at #8 he will be gone even if were were to get a 1st rd from trading NC to the Giants or something similar. Nevertheless, I place the order as 1) Mario 2) Brick 3) Ngata. If we absolutely cannot take one of those 3, we need to trade down or we are wasting our pick.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

I like Watson from Michigan in the 2nd.

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by WILLIS21
                              Purely a guess on my part.. I think Jay Cutler the QB from Vanderbilt sneaks into the top 7.. I think he'll have a good combine... ANd maybe the Raiders or the Jets pick him.... Teams have a tendency to reach for QBs Meaning? That increases the chances the bills get either Williams or Hawk or Ferguson...
                              I agree with you. Once everything is settled at team like the Raida's could easily take Cutler.

Its just right now hes on the bubble for the top 10

Comment

Working...
                              X