PDA

View Full Version : The top 8 picks in the NFL draft!

X-Era
01-31-2006, 09:02 PM
Heres my take on the top 8 players regardless of position in the draft:

RB- Reggie Bush
QB Matt Leinhart
QB Vince Young
DE Mario Williams
OT D'Brcikasahw Ferguson
LB AJ Hawk
DB Jimmy Williams
RB DeAngelo Williams

Thats the top 8. We pcik at 8, one of these guy will be ours. Therefore, any player we pick at 8 at is not on t his list is a reach, IMO.

Captain Obvious
01-31-2006, 10:09 PM
Purely a guess on my part.. I think Jay Cutler the QB from Vanderbilt sneaks into the top 7.. I think he'll have a good combine... ANd maybe the Raiders or the Jets pick him.... Teams have a tendency to reach for QBs Meaning? That increases the chances the bills get either Williams or Hawk or Ferguson...

THATHURMANATOR
01-31-2006, 10:11 PM
Heres my take on the top 8 players regardless of position in the draft:

RB- Reggie Bush
QB Matt Leinhart
QB Vince Young
DE Mario Williams
OT D'Brcikasahw Ferguson
LB AJ Hawk
DB Jimmy Williams
RB DeAngelo Williams

Thats the top 8. We pcik at 8, one of these guy will be ours. Therefore, any player we pick at 8 at is not on t his list is a reach, IMO.
So what if DeAngelo Williams is the guy there at 8. We don't need a Rb so taking one would be a waste...

STAMPY
01-31-2006, 10:15 PM
Gimme Mario Williams, Ferguson, or Ngata and Im happy!

T-Long
02-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Cutler AND LenDale white might sneak into the top 8. This would be great for the Bills. If Mario Williams or AJ Hawk fall, I'd crap myself. I still don't think Brick is gonna fall that far

djjimkelly
02-01-2006, 01:34 AM
not much would dissapoint me more as bills fan then if we draft deangelo wiliams but it wont happen. so stop making ******ed posts whoever thinks we going RB with 8th pick

SquishDaFish
02-01-2006, 05:01 AM
Hey Djj you have to reread his post before throwing insults. He didnt say that was how the top 8 was going to go. He said that was top 8 pla yers on board.

ICE74129
02-01-2006, 06:48 AM
I will bet money right now we dont' take RB or CB Even if we lose Nate, with the 8th pick. Marv and Company know LINES are our greatest problems. We will pick OL or DL with that pick.

ZacGriffi~82
02-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Does Deangelo remind anyone of Thurman?

Kenny
02-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Dont forget about Chad Greenway or DeMaco Ryans.
If GreenBay picks AJ Hawk, I wouldnt be too surprised if the Raiders went with one of the above Linebackers.

justasportsfan
02-01-2006, 10:03 AM
So what if DeAngelo Williams is the guy there at 8. We don't need a Rb so taking one would be a waste...or a QB

LifetimeBillsFan
02-01-2006, 10:48 AM
The first thing Marv did as a HC with KC and Buffalo was try to fix his defense. Given how bad the Bills run D was this year and how deep the draft is in O-linemen, I am expecting him to do the same thing this time around.

With KC he pushed for a pass-rushing DE, Art Still, then took a DT and a LB with his first three picks in his first draft.

When he got to the Bills, they already had Bruce Smith and, I believe, Fred Smerlas, but, if I recall correctly, they went out and got Conlan with his first draft pick as Buffalo's HC.

Given the D-linemen and LBs that the Bills have, I think he will see D-line as more of a need than LB, if the players are close in ability. If Mario Williams drops to # 8, I can see him taking Williams because, like Still and Smith, Williams is an unusual talent who can make everyone on the defense better with the pressure he can put on the passer. But, pass-rushing DEs can't keep offensive linemen from getting to the LBs in the running game as well as a run-stuffing DT can and it doesn't matter how good a LB is if the DTs don't keep the O-linemen off of them (just ask London Fletcher and Tommy Nobis). So, with Schobel being reasonably productive and Kelsay still developing at DE, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Marv were to decide that the Bills can't afford to pass over a huge, space-eating DT with quick feet like Ngata, even for a DE as talented as Williams or a LB as good as Hawk.

Williams probably is the best pure athlete of the three and it would be really interesting to see how the Bills will have them ranked on their draft board.

mysticsoto
02-01-2006, 11:04 AM
The first thing Marv did as a HC with KC and Buffalo was try to fix his defense. Given how bad the Bills run D was this year and how deep the draft is in O-linemen, I am expecting him to do the same thing this time around.

With KC he pushed for a pass-rushing DE, Art Still, then took a DT and a LB with his first three picks in his first draft.

When he got to the Bills, they already had Bruce Smith and, I believe, Fred Smerlas, but, if I recall correctly, they went out and got Conlan with his first draft pick as Buffalo's HC.

Given the D-linemen and LBs that the Bills have, I think he will see D-line as more of a need than LB, if the players are close in ability. If Mario Williams drops to # 8, I can see him taking Williams because, like Still and Smith, Williams is an unusual talent who can make everyone on the defense better with the pressure he can put on the passer. But, pass-rushing DEs can't keep offensive linemen from getting to the LBs in the running game as well as a run-stuffing DT can and it doesn't matter how good a LB is if the DTs don't keep the O-linemen off of them (just ask London Fletcher and Tommy Nobis). So, with Schobel being reasonably productive and Kelsay still developing at DE, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Marv were to decide that the Bills can't afford to pass over a huge, space-eating DT with quick feet like Ngata, even for a DE as talented as Williams or a LB as good as Hawk.

Williams probably is the best pure athlete of the three and it would be really interesting to see how the Bills will have them ranked on their draft board.

They absolutely cannot pass on Mario if he's available at #8. Top DEs are hard to get ahold of and we may never get another chance. There are several DTs in FA that we might be able to get. Sam Adams still probably has another year or so left in him. Anderson can spell him when he gets tired from time to time or Edwards who apparently plays better in spurts anyway. There are still rumors that Ted Washington could be released by the Raiders and he would like to come back to Buffalo and maybe finish/retire here. I would give him that opportunity.

I was high on Ngata when I 1st saw his size, but we are assuming he would be another Ted/Sam/Pat and I don't think he will be. He played in a weak division and doesn't have experience against elite Centers to go against. I'm not saying he will be bad, but just that I feel not having played elite teams/competition lowers his value to a mid-late teen DT. I understand that if we don't take him at #8 he will be gone even if were were to get a 1st rd from trading NC to the Giants or something similar. Nevertheless, I place the order as 1) Mario 2) Brick 3) Ngata. If we absolutely cannot take one of those 3, we need to trade down or we are wasting our pick.

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2006, 11:39 AM
I like Watson from Michigan in the 2nd.

X-Era
02-02-2006, 06:40 AM
Purely a guess on my part.. I think Jay Cutler the QB from Vanderbilt sneaks into the top 7.. I think he'll have a good combine... ANd maybe the Raiders or the Jets pick him.... Teams have a tendency to reach for QBs Meaning? That increases the chances the bills get either Williams or Hawk or Ferguson...

I agree with you. Once everything is settled at team like the Raida's could easily take Cutler.

Its just right now hes on the bubble for the top 10

X-Era
02-02-2006, 06:45 AM
So what if DeAngelo Williams is the guy there at 8. We don't need a Rb so taking one would be a waste...

If by "dont need a RB" you mean your happy with McGahee and everything he means:

1) Plays when he wants to
2) Self proclaimed best RB in the NFL
3) Has Rosen-douche as an agent
4) Still goes down pretty easily with CB shoestring tackles
5) Faded away to nothing after the string of 100 yarders

Sorry, but like I said before a team 29th in O and 29th in D is set at NO position.

Now, DeAngelo is a hack and slash type that can torch you with his feet and moves, McGahee is a mauler. Maulers are great like Emmit, but they MUST have a stud o-line, we dont.

DeAngelo is called the next LT. I think thats an accurate assessment.

We can get more picks out of McGahee and still get one hell of a RB.

Its not my first choice, id rather trade down in that situation, but Iw ouldnt mind trading McGahee and drafting DeAngelo all THAT much

X-Era
02-02-2006, 06:52 AM
Does Deangelo remind anyone of Thurman?

Many have commented he looks like LT

With the strength of the draft at OT and DT being in the late 1st and 2nd, and only one player being worthy of the 8 (D'Brick), we better start thinking trade down or drafting at another position.

DE, DB. LB are tops in my book. But Can you pass up the next LT in DeAngelo Williams? How about the next Antonio Gates at TE in Vernon Davis?

My Favorites would be:

1) D'Brick
2) Super Mario
3) AJ Hawk
4) Jimmy Williams
5) DeAngelo Williams
6) Trade down
7) Vernon Davis

gr8slayer
02-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Are you sure about that? Did you watch McGahee run last season? Makes me sick.

X-Era
02-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Are you sure about that? Did you watch McGahee run last season? Makes me sick.

Exactly, if DeAngelo rates as the 8th best or better, which is likely. And if the Bills think he can be the next LT, a hack and slash runner who doesnt need a monsterous o-line and wont go down on the first DB tackle or beg for a new monsterous contract, Id think long and hard.

Bmax
02-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Let's nd this draft Deangelo williams nonsense now !!! Some of you are beginning to get the dumbahoe virus. That's when you draft a skill positon player when you you need front line players. You know the foundation of any good football team. Now i love denangelo, but no way do i draft this guy in rd one. Plus trade Mcgahee for a 1st .. not gonna happen. Question when is the last time a team gave up a #1 for a RB ? ...... Exactly ..Sticking to sound draft plan is what the bills will do. They will draft the highest ranked player on their board at #8 and it won't be Deangelo Williams.. Levy type players that could be their at 8...

1.Ngata
2.Greenway
3. Brick-unlikely could be gone at 4th pick
4.Hawk-maybe
5.MARIO-UNLIKELY-Gone at 5
6.Hali-rising player- a little undersized
7.Huff- Rising player-If they think he can play cb

One of these guys could be a Bill, But time will tell..

Bmax

Marvelous
02-03-2006, 12:25 AM
not much would dissapoint me more as bills fan then if we draft deangelo wiliams but it wont happen. so stop making ******ed posts whoever thinks we going RB with 8th pick
Not as ******ed to fans in denial that we have a RB that is worth anything..McGAHEE hurting our team!!! I've rewatched the whole season this week with teh exception of the last game vs the jets. McGahee 1.2 @ssed it dooo much and has major problems reading the hole and has NO SPEED whatsoever. Thereason he isn't getting passes is because he has horrible route running. Not because the QB's didn't see him open etc.. I request that all fans who have games taped form last season rewatch and FOCUS on Willis..... I am not a "blind" hater but i do see us in a bad position because we are kinda forced into sticking with WM because he is such a fan favorite and it won't go over well if we deal him and/or draft a RB in the 1st round........

mikemac2001
02-03-2006, 12:41 AM
I dont think any RB would have done that great with our oline and every D Loading up the box. i dont think he is an all around back but i feel his running ability is fine. i would like to see his Catching and pass blocking improved some but i dont see drafting a rb in first as a huge need id rather trade down and get more picks then a RB. With bledsoe people still had to watch out for the deep ball so they couldnt load up on the run and WM had more success. hopefully with losman devolpment some oline improvements and some better coaching we can get it all working again.

And Marv that magical trev link in your sig .....i hate you

Bmax
02-03-2006, 12:58 AM
The fact is we do need a rb... a back up back...Shaud williams won't get it done. Even if some of you don't want Willis there is no need to spend a 1st on a back. When you can get quality in rd's 2-5..... My bet is that Marv may even draft a guy like his soon to be hall of famer thurman.. But not until rd 3 or 4.. Has anyone seen henderson from texas tech, harrison from wash st, whitehead from oregon or norwood from miss st. All these guys can play and will be available after rd 2

Bmax