PDA

View Full Version : Should we be worried about Jason Peters?

Mahdi
02-01-2006, 07:38 AM
I guess managment is busy signing coaches and all that but do you think the Bills will make it a priority to sign Jason Peters? And, what kind of contract will Peters be looking to sign? Starting LT money or average lineman money? I think Peters is a priority signing and when it happens, hopefully, I'll be relieved. Any thoughts?

mysticsoto
02-01-2006, 08:01 AM
I guess managment is busy signing coaches and all that but do you think the Bills will make it a priority to sign Jason Peters? And, what kind of contract will Peters be looking to sign? Starting LT money or average lineman money? I think Peters is a priority signing and when it happens, hopefully, I'll be relieved. Any thoughts?

J. Peters has not shown any signs of being greedy. We were the only team that took a chance on him and he seems greatful. Hopefully they do sign him and give him a little more to show that he is appreciated for his efforts...

casdhf
02-01-2006, 08:04 AM
He is a RFA, correct?

DBrown77
02-01-2006, 08:10 AM
peters is playing RT not LT

Earthquake Enyart
02-01-2006, 08:32 AM
We always need to be worried about Jason Peters.

Mr. Miyagi
02-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Peters has a wonderlic score of 8. We could offer him $500K and a box of Hersey bars and he'd sign.

Earthquake Enyart
02-01-2006, 10:37 AM
He got an 8 and they give you 10 for signing your name.

HAMMER
02-01-2006, 10:45 AM
A couple months back I read that the Bills had made an offer for an extension, Peters and his agent turned it down. Sorry no link.

Saratoga Slim
02-01-2006, 11:58 AM
A couple months back I read that the Bills had made an offer for an extension, Peters and his agent turned it down. Sorry no link.

the offer probably had lots of words and no pictures.

Mr. Miyagi
02-01-2006, 12:39 PM
the offer probably had lots of words and no pictures.
:rofl:

Mahdi
02-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Exclusive Rights Free Agents
These players have no bargaining power and will remain with the Bills if they want them.

CB Jabari Greer - Not much depth at corner, likely to get qualifying offer.
OT Jason Peters - Team will look for longterm deal.
WR Jonathan Smith - He's a playmaker. Tender will be made.
OL Lawrence Smith - Injured player will likley not get tendered.
RB Shaud Williams - Will definitely be tendered an offer.

I pulled this off of BillsDaily.com, looks like we hold all the cards with Peters.

kgun12
02-01-2006, 12:56 PM
I think because he is a RFA if we tender him an offer, and another team signs him we get draft choices. I don't think many teams would give up draft choices for a guy we got as a free agent signing.

TigerJ
02-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Peters has a wonderlic score of 8. We could offer him $500K and a box of Hersey bars and he'd sign.

Unless his agent also has a Wonderlic capability of 8, I don't think we can make that assumption. I don't think he has the leverage to command a huge salary, but I'd want to pay him enough to keep him happy.

Mr. Cynical
02-01-2006, 01:19 PM
J. Peters has not shown any signs of being greedy. We were the only team that took a chance on him and he seems greatful.

Don't be fooled. Sooner or later it is always about the money. There is no loyalty in the NFL.

Bill Cody
02-01-2006, 01:21 PM

He's holding out for $400k and two boxes.

Kerr
02-01-2006, 04:45 PM
I heard Peters isn't a very good run blocker. Wouldn't it be more fitting for him to play LT then? Most right tackles should be able to run block since they run to that side the most. Isn't this why Mike Williams was selected? He was selected for his run blocking, not his pass blocking. When healthy, he was a pretty good run blocker though.

TigerJ
02-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Peters hasn't been playing tackle long enough to judge what he's going to be good at. He's still in the early stages of his learning curve. By the end of the next training camp, he might be a pretty good run blocker.

HAMMER
02-01-2006, 07:03 PM

If Peters becomes the player that people think he will, then he and his agent are doing the right thing by waiting for FA. Donahoe was right in trying to nail him down on the cheap before he fully developed.

vicmantak
02-01-2006, 07:26 PM
It would depend on how smart is the new FO. They have all the tools to sign Peters at the right price and IMO Bills FO did a great move to retain coach Jim McNally who is arguably the key-factor to stay in Buffalo without any big issue.
I just wonder, why he was not extended after he showed some obvious evidences of quality and potential...

G. Host
02-01-2006, 09:19 PM

Starting LT would be a mistake; he has not shown he is capable of being a starting LT let alone a complete tackle for a year.

Bmax
02-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Hey leave the guy alone.. According to bills o-line coach jim mcnally peters has picked up the line position very quickly. Having no problems with his assignments.

So all this talk about his test score means nothing. Did you see the guy against peppers ?. Have you ever seen him play special teams. Look i want a guy who can pass block not perform brain surgery. Talent wise the sky's the limit .. He is a efa free agent so we have nothing to worry about. We will sign him to a long term deal sooner or later.

Bmax

G. Host
02-01-2006, 11:08 PM
I want a tackle which can pass AND run block.

tampabay25690
02-01-2006, 11:14 PM
I think he will be signed and it wont be a high salary......

ddaryl
02-02-2006, 04:21 AM
I forsee the Bills giving Peters a rock solid contract.

He should also see lots of time at LT during training camp.

X-Era
02-02-2006, 06:35 AM

Did you ever take the Wonderlic?

Thats what I thought.

Personally, Id put Timmy out at RT if he could play half as good as Peters.

Saratoga Slim
02-02-2006, 07:51 AM
Did you ever take the Wonderlic?

Thats what I thought.

So Miyagi's dumb cause he didn't take the Wonderlic? That's like saying he's slow because nobody ever timed him in a 40.

Jp-era........is that "Jason Peters era?" Are you Jason Peters?

gr8slayer
02-02-2006, 08:33 AM
I think we need to do everything we can to keep Peters. He has a TON of upside.

Saratoga Slim
02-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Yeah, he's one of my favorite players. The wonderlic stuff makes for easy material, that's all. He doesnt play dumb, from what I've seen. I could care less if he's writing books in the off-season, long as he knows his plays.