• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Anyone catch some of the steelers PC's?

Roth himself said that all of last years games preped him for this year. It wasnt' until this season that the game slowed down and he started using his head instead of his arm or what he thought he saw, to make decisions.

Bettis said it wasn't until Roths 10th start that he realised he had to start looking at his teammates in the huddle to call the play. He would look at the arm band and be calling the plays to the dirt so to speak.

But we expect JP to be worth a damn after 8 games? And getting yanked to boot? One of these days fans will wake up and get a clue.
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Re: Anyone catch some of the steelers PC's?

Ice don't try to confuse people with facts. Sound reasoning doesn't matter. Even thouhg every QB that has ever played the game will tell you this also, it doesn't matter when it come to JP. Remember how great Willis was at the end of the 2004 season, look at all the crap about him this year. Even though he is running behind the same line JP is trying to throw behind.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

If Big Ben would of put up back to back 75 yard 1 INT games then Tommy Maddox would of came back in after his injury last year.

Only reason Big Ben is in there is because he produced. The reason JP got benched is because he did't produce.

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

Again compare the O-lines.
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• dplus47
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by kgun12
          Ice don't try to confuse people with facts. Sound reasoning doesn't matter.
          so which person is exactly the same as j.p. again? i'm confused by all the "facts." is it peyton manning, eli manning, ben roethlisberger, john elway, or dan marino?
          we all know that all these people are exactly the same, but which one is totally exactly 100% the same as j.p.? i'm so confused by all of this "sound reasoning."

Comment

• dplus47
            • Sep 2005

p.s. i'd take j.p. over eli manning right now.

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dplus47
              so which person is exactly the same as j.p. again? i'm confused by all the "facts." is it peyton manning, eli manning, ben roethlisberger, john elway, or dan marino?
              we all know that all these people are exactly the same, but which one is totally exactly 100% the same as j.p.? i'm so confused by all of this "sound reasoning."
              Where did I say anybody was exactly the same as J.P."? What Rothlisburger said and evey other person who's ever played QB will tell you is that you can only learn the speed of the game, read defenses, understand coverages, feel the pocket and everything else there is to learn about the position is by being on the field. You CAN NOT learn for the sidelines, you CAN NOT learn by watching film and you damn sure CAN NOT learn when you are taken out, put in and taken out. Look the Giants were 5-4 four 2 years ago when Coughlin put Manning in, still a chance for the playoffs. He new Eli would take his lumps. If you look at his progression from last year to this year, it is amazing? Yes he still has a lot to learn, but he did progress. He will be even better next year, because he PLAYED the whole year. The key word is "PLAYED". Oh did I mention that the Giants made the playoff in Eli's first complete year as the starter. Should we talk about Simms progession after PLAYING the last half of the year, or Palmers season 2 years ago as compared to this year of him PLAYING the whole year. Do you actually think that J.P. has been given a fair chance to suceed her, given the line he has to work behind and the limited amount of playing time? I hope that clears up when I said sound reasoning. If it doesn't that this debate is over.
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

I posted this before, but on the way down to San Antonio, I talked to Rich Gannon at O'Hare. He was going down to cover the game. I asked him about J.P. and this is what he said: It's to early to tell, but 2 things he needs is playing time. He said that in the beginning it feels like everyone is going 100 mph and you are going backward. Things only slow down after you PLAY for while, after things start slowing down, then and only then do you start to see things develop. The other thing he said is if the Bills don't improve the O-line that they have neglected for years, it won't matter who is the QB he will get killed.

You can go back and look for the thread I stated in San Antonio if you like.
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

The only apples to apples comparison that you can use to compare JP to KH is the KC game.

Same OL.
                  Same gameplan.
                  Same opposing defense.

KH played 2 quarters and produced zero points.
                  JP played 2 quarters and produced 14 points.

As for comparing JP to Ben or anyone else, moot points. Different teams, different gameplans, different coaches. If you'll notice the other QB's all have successful coaches. JP's coaches are all history.

We know absolutely zero about JP's ability to play at the NFL level. And if he doesn't play, we'll never know.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
                    He new Eli would take his lumps. If you look at his progression from last year to this year, it is amazing? Yes he still has a lot to learn, but he did progress. He will be even better next year, because he PLAYED the whole year. The key word is "PLAYED". Oh did I mention that the Giants made the playoff in Eli's first complete year as the starter.
                    The KEYWORD is progress. Which JP wasn't showing any. Unless you call 75 yards 1 INT in back to back games progress.

Eli was taking his lumps and still is but he also looks like he wil be a good QB. JP was taking his lumps and learning NOTHING.

Sooner this bust is out of Buffalo the sooner the Bills can get on the right tract to winning again.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                      The only apples to apples comparison that you can use to compare JP to KH is the KC game.

Same OL.
                      Same gameplan.
                      Same opposing defense.

KH played 2 quarters and produced zero points.
                      JP played 2 quarters and produced 14 points.

As for comparing JP to Ben or anyone else, moot points. Different teams, different gameplans, different coaches. If you'll notice the other QB's all have successful coaches. JP's coaches are all history.

We know absolutely zero about JP's ability to play at the NFL level. And if he doesn't play, we'll never know.

Not exactly true!

KH played 4 series, The entire first quarter and about a minute of the 2nd. He was 4-6 for 25 yards and had us moving on his third drive when Willis got stuffed on a 3rd and 2 and the coaches tried that fake QB sneak, pitch out to Willis.

As for the O-line, they once again had different personal on the field. That was the week we put Jason Peters at tackle and tried to put Mike Williams at Guard. If you remember, Williams was getting dominated and nearly got KH killed on the play he was injured. After the play, Williams went to the bench. So they didn’t have the same O-line.

JP went 9/16 for 137 and 2 TD’s in almost 3 full quarters of play.

I hate to sound like Wys, but without the 2 throws to Evans, the JP line looked like this, 7/14 for 75 yards in just under 3 quarters of play!
                      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                        Not exactly true!

KH played 4 series, The entire first quarter and about a minute of the 2nd. He was 4-6 for 25 yards and had us moving on his third drive when Willis got stuffed on a 3rd and 2 and the coaches tried that fake QB sneak, pitch out to Willis.

As for the O-line, they once again had different personal on the field. That was the week we put Jason Peters at tackle and tried to put Mike Williams at Guard. If you remember, Williams was getting dominated and nearly got KH killed on the play he was injured. After the play, Williams went to the bench. So they didn’t have the same O-line.

JP went 9/16 for 137 and 2 TD’s in almost 3 full quarters of play.

I hate to sound like Wys, but without the 2 throws to Evans, the JP line looked like this, 7/14 for 75 yards in just under 3 quarters of play!
                        Ok lets talk FACT. Holcomb....4 drives netting 29 yards. Nothing more. Posey gives him the ball on a fumble return down inside the KC 20. KH is hit, fumbles and turns the ball over. 4 drives, 29 yards, no points and at no time was this offense 'moving the ball well. Not until JP comes in.

I love how people say 'but if not for those two long TD's... Uh...that is part of the game. Someone Quick! Call canton and have Barry sanders yanked out! he sucks! if not for those 60, 70, 80 yard runs the guy only has about 6000 yards!

Get a friggin clue. Gannon did a couple bills games and he saw it and called it AS IT IS. JP needs time playing, not sitting (again sitting for 5 years didn't help holcomb) and if we don't fix the OL, No QB is going to make it in Buffalo.

And let me ask this...for how many YEARS have we been screaming this? 10? And how many QB's have we went through? nuff said.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                          Ok lets talk FACT. Holcomb....4 drives netting 29 yards. Nothing more. Posey gives him the ball on a fumble return down inside the KC 20. KH is hit, fumbles and turns the ball over. 4 drives, 29 yards, no points and at no time was this offense 'moving the ball well. Not until JP comes in.

I love how people say 'but if not for those two long TD's... Uh...that is part of the game. Someone Quick! Call canton and have Barry sanders yanked out! he sucks! if not for those 60, 70, 80 yard runs the guy only has about 6000 yards!

Get a friggin clue. Gannon did a couple bills games and he saw it and called it AS IT IS. JP needs time playing, not sitting (again sitting for 5 years didn't help holcomb) and if we don't fix the OL, No QB is going to make it in Buffalo.

And let me ask this...for how many YEARS have we been screaming this? 10? And how many QB's have we went through? nuff said.

My main point was that they didn't have the same situation.
                          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                            My main point was that they didn't have the same situation.
                            Sure they did. Holcomb did nothing and JP won the game.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                              Sure they did. Holcomb did nothing and JP won the game.

But no they didn't. MR. C said that they both played 2 quarters, which is not true. KH had 4 drives, slightly over 1 Quarter.

He also said that they had the same O-line, but Mike Williams was benched after he almost killed KH. So KH was playing with a terrible Williams at guard. JP played the rest of the game with a diff O-line.

Mr. C also stated that they had the same gameplan. This I cannot prove or disprove. It’s very possible that while the gameplan wasn’t fully changed, a few adjustments were most likely made.

And Thus, my contention that they did not have the same O-line, Time in the game and game plan is untrue and this fact can be argued by nobody.
                              Resign our own guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X