PDA

View Full Version : No TE's / RB's with good hand, no playoffs

Mitchy moo
02-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Much of the Bills early 90's success was based on TE and RB quick passing. I watched that Houston comeback game and Kenneth Davis ran wild, literally. Thurman used to come out of the backfield and be a huge threat (henceforth the Hall of fame calling now). Pete Metzalaars(sp) was always there and a gamer. We need to get back to what made us so successful, bulk up the lines and have guys that are multi-facetated (sP).

After watching the comeback game, I really want Buffalo to go back to that level of play.

BAM
02-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Having competent coaches doesn't hurt either

casdhf
02-01-2006, 11:52 AM
We have TEs hand HBs that can catch, but they were never thrown to.

Saratoga Slim
02-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Campbell, Euhus and Everett are all hands TEs.

But I get what you're saying, we need to spread things around and take pressure off both the WRs and the running game

mysticsoto
02-01-2006, 12:08 PM
If the Oline could actually block, we wouldn't have to keep TEs in to help all the time and they would be extra weapons JP could use. Ditto for McGahee's blocking/picking up the blitz!!!

justasportsfan
02-01-2006, 12:09 PM

But I get what you're saying, we need to spread things around and take pressure off both the WRs and the running game

We had TE's? WTF!!! Randy McMike is gonna love Moolarkey.

Saratoga Slim
02-01-2006, 12:22 PM
for a former tight end, ya'd think he'd show them a little more love

Mitchy moo
02-01-2006, 08:19 PM

I really think it will as well.

vicmantak
02-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Skooby,

Give me the good old days!
Your comment is really true and I hope Bills will be looking for someone close to Thurman Thomas.

On the other hand it's a negative comment but I also hope Bills will be looking for a serious TE threat. Campbell and Euhus are average at best and something tells me that Everett will be the biggest fake of the last draft. I hope Bills are not commited on him.

X-Era
02-02-2006, 06:38 AM
Much of the Bills early 90's success was based on TE and RB quick passing. I watched that Houston comeback game and Kenneth Davis ran wild, literally. Thurman used to come out of the backfield and be a huge threat (henceforth the Hall of fame calling now). Pete Metzalaars(sp) was always there and a gamer. We need to get back to what made us so successful, bulk up the lines and have guys that are multi-facetated (sP).

After watching the comeback game, I really want Buffalo to go back to that level of play.

Ive said it before, Vernon Davis is the next Antonio Gates. Shockey has meant a ton for Eli, if Moulds leaves, we sure could use a top notch TE underneath to help out JP.

Id think about it long and hard at 8.

gr8slayer
02-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Aparently Tim Euhus had the best hands in his draft.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-02-2006, 11:54 AM
And, I recall seeing McGahee catching the ball and being very dangerous coming out of the backfield at Miami.

I think the comment about Mystic's comments about improving the O-line helping the TEs to be productive is right on point.

The Pats have two TEs, Graham and Watson, who are tremendous receivers. In 2004, after getting off to a great start, Graham virtually disappeared as a receiver because the Pats had to keep him in to help with pass-blocking. They did the same thing with him this season to help out Kaczur at LT. A lot of the passes that Watson caught were in 2 TE sets and when he was used as a slot-receiver/H-back. The Bills have needed their TEs to help out in pass-blocking even more than the Pats did. When the Bills had McKellar and Metzalaars, they also had a tremendous offensive line. Big difference!

ICE74129
02-02-2006, 12:36 PM
This team has 3 backup TE's. We need a stud TE on this roster and Campbell isn't it

mysticsoto
02-02-2006, 12:53 PM
This team has 3 backup TE's. We need a stud TE on this roster and Campbell isn't it

A stud TE like you would like will require us to spend a 1st rd on - something we absolutely cannot do. Unless you are supporting the idea of spending an inordinate amt of cash in FA for one, which...once again, we cannot do!

We must make do with what we have while we rebuild the Oline and Dline and try to find diamonds in the rough at other positions with our lower picks and through the undrafted...As might be expected, the percentage of diamonds in the rough that you might be able to find through the undrafted are usually small.