• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vicmantak
    • Jun 2005

Moulds to Denver?

By Nick Bakay
    SuperBowl.com Couch Correspondent

How long until he throws Jake Plummer into a wood chipper?

Don't get me wrong, Owens is tempting -- hey, I drafted him in fantasy football because he puts up monster numbers -- as long as he isn't on double secret probation like some naughty kid at boarding school … but there's a big difference: As a fantasy football owner, I don't have to talk to him.

I don't have to change his diapers. I don't have to fork over a seven-figure bonus only to watch his narcissism turn my clubhouse into a bad episode of Jerry Springer, with my make-or-break free agent playing the role of the psychotic pre-op transsexual stripper off his/her meds.

In the mercurial world of T.O., all it takes is one game for things to go south. I'm talking a rough Sunday, or even worse, a primetime game when the guy tossing him the rock plays like "The old Jake Plummer." How long until this diva wide receiver will accuse Plummer of frolicking with barnyard animals?
    Maybe the Broncos can harness T.O. with enough incentive-based clauses to milk one, sane year out him and separate from the AFC elite. But Year 2 is shakier than K-Fed's "musical" career.

In the meantime, I don't sign Owens unless he agrees to a Paxil clause and three specials with Dr. Phil …

P.S.: If the Bills can't fit Eric Moulds under the cap, I think I just made Mike Shanahan's job a lot easier. I know he's not T.O. anymore, but he's a pro, he can catch the ball when it's snowing, and Moulds, Rod Smith and Ashley Lelie? Close enough for rock and roll, sans the tabloid stuff.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
    - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

• RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: Moulds to Denver?

That's just Bakay regurgitating thought.

Comment

• vicmantak
      • Jun 2005

Well, Broncos are seriously interested to trade up on the next draft and it makes sense that both teams would be benefited if Moulds is involved in this business deal.

Bills would be able to add depth with two first round players and it also by itself would really help to purge part of Bills depleted salary cap controversies...

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
      - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

I say franchise Clements and trade him to the Giants for their #1. Trade moulds to Philly for thier 2nd rounder. That is two picks in each round and tons of cap room made.

I can hear it now 'Sure ICE trade away our two best playmakers blah blah blah' I say 'Funny we didn't WIN with them here, and other teams won without them. Maybe it is time to try a different approach'.

Comment

• DBrown77
          Watching the Bills suck since 1999
          • Mar 2005

why dont we get rid of our whole team for draft picks? how does that sound?

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

I'm all for waiting to see if Moulds restructures.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

I hate all the trade talk. Everyone is going everywhere right now.

Ricky Williams is going to the Broncos.

T.O. is going to the Broncos, Chiefs, Jets, Cowboys, and 49ers.

This is the worst time of the season.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                I say franchise Clements and trade him to the Giants for their #1. Trade moulds to Philly for thier 2nd rounder. That is two picks in each round and tons of cap room made.

I can hear it now 'Sure ICE trade away our two best playmakers blah blah blah' I say 'Funny we didn't WIN with them here, and other teams won without them. Maybe it is time to try a different approach'.
                If you think anyone will give the Bills a first round pick for Clements, you are high.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

It's not worth restrucutring Moulds again. All we are doing now is creating bigger dead cap space. Unless EM all of a sudden decides he can play for less in the last years of his contract, he'll just be more dead weight later when he loses another step and gets another year older.

Moulds has value left for a team who needs another rock solid WR and who has a playoff caliber team, but the Bills immediate future is to make changes and fix another mess created by yet another Bills GM. (Butler was the worst followed by TD)

and lets face facts. I don't think Moulds even wants to waste the rest of his career in Buffalo. He is not on the JP bandwagon, and he won't be happy here for a few years until we can right our ship. By that time it will be too late for EM.

IMO EM needs to move on, he deserves a real shot with an experienced All-Pro QB. He doesn't deserve another rebuilding period.

We'll miss him, but he saves us good money, and gives us a good opportunity to get something in return we can rebuild with. Cause we definitely need to replace 1/4 of our roster ASAP.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129

People hate logic!! This makes total sense. I have said all along that our team chemistry sucks. Getting rid of Moulds and Clements makes sense if we can get some talent. Personally I'd keep Clements at the right price but Moulds best days are behind him. Let him leave!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

One other point. If you are a fan that thinks we need to win now than this post isn't for you. This attitude is why we still suck. If we played JP entirely last year we would know alot more about our future. In addition Moulds would have seen little playing time and most fans would be saying get rid of him. Instead we half-assed the season with Holcomb and now we have a QB contoversy and a slpit decision on whether Moulds stays or leaves.

It's time to make a legitimate shot at rebuilding which starts with the OL. Losing Moulds to pick up a starting offensive lineman makes total sense. If our QB doesn't have time to throw it doesn't matter if we have Moss, Owens, and Simth as receivers. PERIOD.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

I understand the cap part of it, but.....

To say that he's not on the JP bandwagon is wrong. He made one comment back when JP wasn't ready, and people are sticking that to him even today? It won't matter who the QB is if he decides to stay & restructure. He has also said he'd like to retire a Bill. How easily people forget that!

If he does take the paycut, he is STILL valuable. If JP does win the QB competition, Lee won't always be wide open to throw to. It's not like Moulds will never see any play time.
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                          If you think anyone will give the Bills a first round pick for Clements, you are high.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                            • Jul 2005

I hate to part with Moulds unless we have some fairly legitimate veteran on the hook. Getting rid of Moulds means, what, Josh Reed is our most experienced receiver? yikes! I'm hoping for a Lee Evans breakout this year, but no rookie is going to play at Moulds' current level for at least 2 yrs, probably three. we see over and over that it takes most rookie wideouts three years to get comfortable. I hate to put all our eggs in Lee's basket till we see that he can really produce.

That said, if we can't get Eric's numbers down somehow, I think we've got to let him go. As it stands, its simply too much money to pay for one position when we don't have all that much cap room and do have a lot of needs.

So lets hope we can work something out with Moulds.
                            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                              Care to bet?

Comment

Working...
                              X