PDA

View Full Version : Bills report: Strategy and personnel

justasportsfan
02-02-2006, 09:31 AM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/9202672

QB:

"In Fairchild's three seasons with the Rams, free agent quarterback Marc Bulger developed into a Pro Bowl player with the Rams' passing game ranking No. 3 in 2003, No. 5 in 2004 and No. 4 in 2005.

The Bills are hoping Fairchild can tap into J.P. Losman's potential where ex-head coach Mike Mularkey and coordinator Tom Clements could not"

Hopefully Fairchild can develop a 1st rd talent into a probowler like he did with a 6th rd. pick in Bulger

RB:
"The Bills will be in the market for a more heavy-duty No. 2 back than the diminutive Williams, but the 233-pound Gates deserves a shot in camp. "

I hope the new coaching staff takes a good look at Gates

TE:
"Not a single Buffalo tight end caught a touchdown pass, unless you count one by tackle Jason Peters, a college tight end, on a tackle-eligible. "

Doesn't seem like TE's were major contributors under Fairchild while with the Rams. Was it talent or was it the system?We've got 3 TE's who can catch although Everrett is unproven but supposedly has raw talent.

"The Bills set a record for fewest yards gained in a 16-game, non-strike season with 4,122, setting the stage for a major overhaul of their front wall"

Cmon Marv, you always said we need to "run and stop the run"

"The Bills will be in the market for defensive tackles after their run defense crashed and burned. Buffalo allowed nearly 40 more yards on the ground per game in 2005 that in '04, falling from seventh to 31st in the league rankings. "

nuff said

I used to think TD was a good hire when Ralphy first hired him. His ego was bigger than the team itself. He probably would've gotten it right if he didn't let his ego get in his way of hiring REAL coaches instead of puppets.

ICE74129
02-02-2006, 10:19 AM
the fairchild hire was mostly for losman and Ralph. Ralph likes a gunning / non boring offense. I agree. JP has the tools, he just needs playing time and a good playcaller.

justasportsfan
02-02-2006, 10:57 AM
the fairchild hire was mostly for losman and Ralph. Ralph likes a gunning / non boring offense. I agree. JP has the tools, he just needs playing time and a good playcaller.Time is not a problem as long as you have the right coaches that can point him in the right direction. Moolarkey put the kid in a situation to fail. Hopefully the new coaches know what it takes to develop a young qb. Get him a solid OL that can both protect him and can open holes for the running game while JP learns his way around the NFL. The kid couldn't learn to read defenses while running for his life.

Dr. Who
02-02-2006, 02:45 PM
A top-flight tight end, along with a very good o-line, would be optimal for Losman to succeed. Vernon Davis would be spectacular, but we can't really think about him. If we found a way to get into the early twenties with a second number one, Leonard Pope is worth considering.

ICE74129
02-02-2006, 03:02 PM
What i can't figure out is where were the routs based on 3 and 5 step drops. It seemed JP would take a 3step drop and no one was in their routes yet. I hope Tolbert can improve on this along with fairchild