PDA

View Full Version : Madden never lost common touch

The_Philster
01-26-2003, 01:09 PM
By Jennifer Allen...Special to SuperBowl.com
SAN DIEGO (Jan. 25, 2003) -- How many 6-foot-4, 270-pound, lumbering red-haired enthusiasts have won 13 Emmy's, 112 NFL games, and a Super Bowl? One, and only one -- John Madden, former Oakland Raiders coach, current media top dog, king of the Telestrator.

His skill: making you feel like he's sitting on the couch right beside you, his big arm flopped around your shoulder, telling just what the heck is going on down there on that field. You can almost smell the potato chips on his breath when he pulls you close and says, "Hey, I'll tell ya something..."

And does he tell us something. He has the right to. Madden's .750 regular-season winning percentage (103-32-7) is better than any other coach in NFL history. And yet, he's still not in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Think the guy is bitter? Not Madden. Bitterness, living in the past, looking back -- that is not the Madden style. Madden doesn't soak in his glory. Never has....more (http://www.superbowl.com/insider/story/6149661)

I don't care what anyone says. He's the most overrated analyst around. :rolleyes:

Jeff 311
01-28-2003, 04:08 PM
i still think madden is the best analysist out there in football

RedEyE
01-28-2003, 10:22 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't stand the guy. Consistantly talking about things going on off the field while the game is in progress. He drives me nuts. At least it wasn't Pat Summerall calling the game. Summerall is always 3 plays behind, the poor senile fool.

The_Philster
01-29-2003, 04:31 AM
Couldn't agree more, Red. No matter what anyone says, I'll always view him as the most overrated analyst in football.