PDA

View Full Version : MailBag Column Help From BillsZone Readers

patmoran2006
02-02-2006, 07:23 PM
What's up everyone.

About a month ago (before Jauron and Levy were hired) I did a column on Fox called "Rebuilding The Blls."

Bills BluePrint For Rebuilding (http://blogs.foxsports.com/patmoran2006/2006/01/02/Bills_BluePrint_For_Rebuilding)

Listen, I'm doing a Mail-Bag type of column for Fox and I'm writing about the Bills.. And I want to use reaction from Bills fans as the basis of it.

If you can just take a few minutes to glance it over (actually, you dont even have to if you don't want to). And offer me YOUR SUGGESTIONS for rebuilding the Bills.. Of if they are THAT sad and hopeless, then say it.

With permission, I"m gonna use some of the suggestions like I said.. for a Mailbox type of column. I will credit either your Message Board name or real first name, whatever you prefer..

So if you could just take a look at the peice and/or offer your comments about what YOU would do to rebuild the bills,I'd really appreciate it.. You can post the comments right here on the board, the Fox Comment board, or email me directly at patmoran2006@aol.com

(Please keep in mind, this was done in early January.. The cap numbers were somewhat off at points.. THe Bills won't have as much cap room.. But you guys are smart enough to know what we need)

Cntrygal
02-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi Pat! :wave:

justasportsfan
02-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Good stuff. FYI, (typo) Willis didn't have back to back 1,000 receiving yards. Rushing.

kgun12
02-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Hey man nice article. I agree with most of it, sure looks like you did your homework!

kgun12
02-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Hey man nice article. I agree with most of it, sure looks like you did your homework!

While your playing GM, would you please change the uniforms back!!!

T don't neg me again! lol the visual on your last one has scared me for life!!!

Dozerdog
02-03-2006, 11:06 PM
My suggestion would be to rebuild the interior of the lines on both sides of the ball and play the Steeler- style smashmouth football we have been promised the past 3 seasons.

Having a 65-35 Run/Pass mix allows Losman to develop without a lot of burden. If he turns out to be a bust and we are stuck with a Holcomb or Holcomb-esque journryman- the system doesn't rely on a top passer QB.

Dozerdog
02-03-2006, 11:09 PM
My suggestion would be to rebuild the interior of the lines on both sides of the ball and play the Steeler- style smashmouth football we have been promised the past 3 seasons.

Having a 65-35 Run/Pass mix allows Losman to develop without a lot of burden. If he turns out to be a bust and we are stuck with a Holcomb or Holcomb-esque journryman- the system doesn't rely on a top passer QB.

Defensively, winning the Time of Possession and preventing needless turnovers will aid in insuring the Bills defense is put in the best position to win games.

Get a healthy Spikes back, get a huge run stopper in the middle, keep Sam Adams- and this defense should come back close to it's former self.

clumping platelets
02-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Cap room will depend on what moves they make.....they are not stuck on that $6.4 million figure I have.....many things will dictate available cap space. Thus, "not having much cap space" is somewhat inaccurate :ontome:

Meathead
02-04-2006, 12:50 AM
But you guys are smart enough to know what we need