PDA

View Full Version : Done with the Colts!

mybills
02-03-2006, 07:09 AM
That's what Enderin(sp) James says. :eek:

gr8slayer
02-03-2006, 07:10 AM
That's great. Now watch the Jets pick him up.

mysticsoto
02-03-2006, 07:56 AM
That's great. Now watch the Jets pick him up.

Let them. He's getting old and doesn't have many years left. Actually, I rather they pick up DeAngelo Williams (RB). Yes, that does make them a better team, but hopefully, that would mean Brick falls to us at #8...I feel like the Jets are our main competitors for him...

ICE74129
02-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Let them. He's getting old and doesn't have many years left. Actually, I rather they pick up DeAngelo Williams (RB). Yes, that does make them a better team, but hopefully, that would mean Brick falls to us at #8...I feel like the Jets are our main competitors for him...

Edge isn't a 10th what he was. Why do you think no team would give up a 2nd round pick for the guy this offseason? he isn't going to get the money he thinks he will.

mysticsoto
02-03-2006, 09:09 AM
I'm glad Edgerrin is on the market actually. It means another RB on the market and less chance of Miami trading RW to another team and getting an actual good QB for him (like Carr or Culpepper).

Saratoga Slim
02-03-2006, 10:07 AM
I'm glad Edgerrin is on the market actually. It means another RB on the market and less chance of Miami trading RW to another team and getting an actual good QB for him (like Carr or Culpepper).

edgxactly.

Meister
02-03-2006, 10:40 AM

Ricky was never going anywhere and neither was Culpepper or Carr. You have two offenseive coordinators as the head coaches, why would they trade their starting QB? Anyways Ricky trade rumors can only be considered legitimate if he comes out and asks for a new deal. Noone would be stupid enough to trade a starting back who makes the vet min.

As for Edge...hes making a big mistake ruling out Indy this early. There are so many big name backs that are UFA this year and they have to compete with the 3 big names in the draft, Bush, Williams, and White. You are going to end up having 5 guys competing for spots on 3 teams. Anyone want Jamal Lewis as you backup?

Jeff1220
02-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Last night on NFLTA, Adam Schefter said that Denver has not yet contacted Miami, but has been discussing (internally) trading for Ricky. I think it would be a good move for all involved.
Ricky could live in the hippy haven of Boulder Co. and play acoustic guitar barefoot on Pearl Street. All the while, he'd have an offense and line that is the best at making so-so backs into big time runners. And his debts to the Fins would be fulfilled.
Denver would get a relatively young (M.Anderson is 32) every down RB (Tatum Bell is not) that has had some monster seasons behind Miami's poor line.
Not sure what Miami would get, but with Ronnie Brown there, I'm sure they could use players or picks to fill other areas.
Also, I guess Shanahan's son played at Texas with Ricky, which suggests that Ricky already is somewhat acquainted with the Coach S.

tat2dmike77
02-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Last night on NFLTA, Adam Schefter said that Denver has not yet contacted Miami, but has been discussing (internally) trading for Ricky. I think it would be a good move for all involved.
Ricky could live in the hippy haven of Boulder Co. and play acoustic guitar barefoot on Pearl Street. All the while, he'd have an offense and line that is the best at making so-so backs into big time runners. And his debts to the Fins would be fulfilled.
Denver would get a relatively young (M.Anderson is 32) every down RB (Tatum Bell is not) that has had some monster seasons behind Miami's poor line.
Not sure what Miami would get, but with Ronnie Brown there, I'm sure they could use players or picks to fill other areas.
Also, I guess Shanahan's son played at Texas with Ricky, which suggests that Ricky already is somewhat acquainted with the Coach S.

I was talking to a guy who likes the dollfins. He's pretty cool and we get along except when the bills and dollfins play each other. Anyway he was saying that ricky should stay away from denver cause you can drive by boulder and just smell the pot.

I didn't get it at first but he said it's a big pot place. So i dunno if denver would want ricky ya know. He might get holistic healer on them.

Jeff1220
02-03-2006, 11:32 AM
I was talking to a guy who likes the dollfins. He's pretty cool and we get along except when the bills and dollfins play each other. Anyway he was saying that ricky should stay away from denver cause you can drive by boulder and just smell the pot.

I didn't get it at first but he said it's a big pot place. So i dunno if denver would want ricky ya know. He might get holistic healer on them.

That was my point, sort of. A huge population of granola lovin', pachouli and Birkenstock-wearin' tree huggers live around there. Even if Ricky truely doesn't smoke anymore (he claims that the holistic lifestyle he has adopted is strongly against it and he follows it closely) then he'll still feel at home with all these earthy, new-age types around there. For a guy with the social anxieties and high profile career of RW, feeling comfortable with the surroundings could seriously extend his career. That's pretty much why I think it would be a good move for him. He'll have the temptation of smoking weed no matter where he goes.

tat2dmike77
02-03-2006, 11:34 AM
That was my point, sort of. A huge population of granola lovin', pachouli and Birkenstock-wearin' tree huggers live around there. Even if Ricky truely doesn't smoke anymore (he claims that the holistic lifestyle he has adopted is strongly against it and he follows it closely) then he'll still feel at home with all these earthy, new-age types around there. For a guy with the social anxieties and high profile career of RW, feeling comfortable with the surroundings could seriously extend his career. That's pretty much why I think it would be a good move for him. He'll have the temptation of smoking weed no matter where he goes.

Oh ok sorry i've only had one Mt Dew so far today and brain has yet to wake up.

dolphinssuck
02-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Personally I think RWs is a great back (dont likem but repectem) I agree with the right surroundings he could be very valuable to a team that truly needs a back of his quality. Also the whole pot thing with him IMO intereferes with his career. He walked out on the game because of it and thats certainly not focus on the game. I just think theres more he could bring to the table if he straightened up. EJ I dont blame him hes been so close so many times only to have slip between the cracks. I hope he catches the 1st bus outta there to somewhere he could get his ring.