PDA

View Full Version : Jauron Confirms "Tampa Cover 2" D

BidsJr
02-03-2006, 08:12 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060203/2044810.asp?tbd2044810.asp

Sounds Good to me!

Buckets
02-03-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm encoureged to see some direction, some planning. The story explains a little about the hiring of the assistants, it wasn't just whoever was available but the systems they were familiar with.

Charlieguide
02-03-2006, 11:40 AM
But the thing Tampa and Indy have that we don't is a pass rushing DL. It'll help our corners, sure, and that might create the occasional "coverage sack," but we'll have to see if this is the best scheme for our players.

tat2dmike77
02-03-2006, 11:44 AM
All we can do now is wait and see how it works out.

I never really got upset with the hirings of the coaches. Honestly i don't follow coaches that much. In these cases i leave those descions up to the office and the powers that be.

It's the draft picks and FA signings that i get a little worked up about. I as a fan can see what a player does on the field and so on. Which is why i'm looking forward to the draft and FA signing this year. Hopefully there won't be to much :wtf: like there was in the past with dumbaho.

madness
02-03-2006, 12:36 PM
:dance:

Devin
02-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Most importantly it starts to establish an identity.....direction will be nice for once.

BidsJr
02-03-2006, 03:09 PM
The thing that I liked teh best about the defense is that they play fast. Means simpler schemes that everyone is comfy with. Probably very similar to the Iowa Hawkeye D. They run a 4-3 Quarters D with very little blitzing and are very successful with it because the players always know where to be and they play fast because of it.

ParanoidAndroid
02-04-2006, 12:18 AM
The more I read about the defense and think about how Marv wants character players makes me think that Tamba Hali is going to be a serious contender at our #8 pick. He was fantastic in the senior bowl and improved with every game...at least that's what I heard. We could even trade down to egt him if he isn't high on anyones board...but can you take that chance. If Mario Williams is there, pull the trigger, but I'd actually feel better with Hali on the roster. He's all out every down from snap to whistle, no exceptions.
He would immediately upgrade our pass rush. Many have him going in the top 15 or so with his stock rising.
Haloti Ngata is probably my favorite though.

ZacGriffi~82
02-04-2006, 01:14 AM
The more I read about the defense and think about how Marv wants character players makes me think that Tamba Hali is going to be a serious contender at our #8 pick. He was fantastic in the senior bowl and improved with every game...at least that's what I heard. We could even trade down to egt him if he isn't high on anyones board...but can you take that chance. If Mario Williams is there, pull the trigger, but I'd actually feel better with Hali on the roster. He's all out every down from snap to whistle, no exceptions.
He would immediately upgrade our pass rush. Many have him going in the top 15 or so with his stock rising.

I agree.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-04-2006, 07:24 AM

If D'Brickashaw Ferguson is gone, I think it will come down to Mario Williams and, then, a choice between Ngata and Hali, too.

I got to see a lot more of Hali than Williams or Ngata this past season and he's a heck of a pass-rusher who played some of his best ball against the better teams that Penn State faced--including in his bowl game. I think he's going to be a heck of a player on the next level. (Just as an aside, I was very surprised at how poorly Kiwi played at the end of the season and at the Senior Bowl--in my book, Hali was a much better player before they got to Mobile and that was not the case at the beginning of this season.)

Like Ferguson, Mario Williams is such an unusual physical specimen that it would be hard for the Bills not to take him if he is available. If he's not, though, it becomes a much harder choice.

I've been touting Ngata because the Bills have such a gaping hole in the middle of their D-line that MUST be fixed this off-season and they ultimately are going to need two good DTs because Sam Adams is not going to last forever. If the Bills can get a good free agent DT--and there are some who will be available--though, the need to take a DT with the # 8 pick is greatly lessened and they can take a shot at a pass-rushing DE like Hali.

While Schobel has his weaknesses, he did rank 5th in the NFL with 12 sacks this past season playing opposite Kelsay and Denney. That's not bad and Kelsay has shown signs that he could get better still. Which is why I think that the Bills will look to fill the hole at DT first. But, if the Bills can get a good run-stuffing DT as a free agent before the draft, putting a Mario Williams or even a Tamba Hali on the opposite side would make Schobel even more effective and give the Bills a very good pass-rushing defensive line. But, the key will be whether they can get themselves a big, run-stuffing DT in free agency because it doesn't matter how good your pass rush is if the opposition doesn't have to throw that much because they can run the ball down your defense's throat.