PDA

View Full Version : Who to root for (SB)?

Jeff1220
02-03-2006, 01:50 PM
I actually don't hate either team, so I'll be happy for either of them. I just can't clearly root for one or the other, though I think it's going to be a good game.

The Steeler play the style of football that I wish the Bills would. Their fans can be annoying, but Cowher gets that team in a position to win almost every year. They play hard and have some guys on the team that really deserve it, mostly Cowher, Lebeau, Bettis and Ward, imo. Cowher, like him or not is one of the best coaches in NFL history, probably the best of his generation. He wins the big one, I truely believe that is sealed. Lebeau is a guy that is seriously been undervalued in many places. I wish he were still in Buffalo! Bettis and Ward are both nice guy players that play hard every week. I love the physical way that Ward plays reciever.
Seattle has a lot of good guys too. Hasselbeck seems like one of the most down to Earth guys in the league. S. Alexander never stops smiling and, from what I've heard, is a man of unwavering faith. Holmgren can become the first coach to win with 2 seperate clubs. And then there's the linebacker from Harvard, Isaiah Kaczinski (?) that was featured on NFLN over the last few weeks. What a rags to riches story that guy has!
If you haven't seen it, check out the feature on the Seahawks that gets shown every day, but to give you the quick version: Poor family - drunk abusive father - son has unrelenting drive to succeed - star football player in HS - homecoming king, etc. - dreams of playing at Notre Dame - mother dies in an accident - graduates at the top of his class - Notre Dame doesn't offer a scholarship - Harvard does (academic) - father sobers up and apologizes/they reconcile - dad, a janitor, makes the trip to every game at Harvard (5 hrs) even though he knows very little about football - Harvard wins the Ivy League - Isaiah is a 4th round draft pick - Goes to mini camp even though he was excused to be at his Harvard graduation - has janitor dad walk with cap and gown in his stead - now a veteran LB with the Seahawks.

I'll probably end up rooting for whoever is behind at any given time so that the end of the game turns out thrilling. Who are you rooting for?

dolphinssuck
02-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Im pulling for the Steelers just because the road they took to get here. On the road in Cinncy, on the road in Indy, and finally on the in Denver. Thats pretty awesome to go on a 3 game win strek against these teams especially on the road in the POs.

Jeff1220
02-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Im pulling for the Steelers just because the road they took to get here. On the road in Cinncy, on the road in Indy, and finally on the in Denver. Thats pretty awesome to go on a 3 game win strek against these teams especially on the road in the POs.

That's true. They certainly did it the hard way. They went from 6th seed playoff underdog to Super Bowl favorite. Odd how that works.

SquishDaFish
02-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Im going for the Steelers not only for the road they took but because they are from the AFC and Bill Cowher is one of my fav head coaches.

Devin
02-03-2006, 02:04 PM
I cant stand the Steelers, that being said they are a hell of a team and have a hell of a coach.

Pride
02-03-2006, 02:10 PM
I do like the steelers, but I live in steeler country and dont wanna listen to this crap for a year. so GO SEAHAWKS!

BAM
02-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Keep it in Pennsylvania baby! I do not mind the steelers at all, just some of their arrogant fans.

Gunzlingr
02-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Seahawks. I always cheer for the team that hasn't won one.

ICE74129
02-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Seahawks. I now hope porter blows a knee.

BAM
02-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Porter is funny. I love how everyone is hating on him.

kgun12
02-03-2006, 03:07 PM
AFC all the way. I remember when the Bills went to those SB, all my arrogant NFC friends saying how much better the NFC was and the real SB was the NFC championship game. GO STEELERS! The only team I won't root for in the SB from the AFC is the Dolphins.

THATHURMANATOR
02-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Seattle all the way here. I went to college in tha burgh and took sooooo much **** from fricken Stiller fans I hate them! After they won the Championship game I got calls from like 4 buddies down there trashing Buffalo and the Bills.....

THATHURMANATOR
02-03-2006, 03:30 PM
I may hate the Stillers as much as the Jets and Dolphins even.

Historian
02-03-2006, 03:33 PM
I hate the Steelers although I believe they will probably win it.

I'll be rooting for the Hawks...to go back to their old uniforms, lol.

I'm just hoping for a good game.

Nublar7
02-03-2006, 03:36 PM
I will be going for the Seahawks.

Typ0
02-03-2006, 03:46 PM
I think Seattle has been drastically underestimated and they will prove a point on sunday. The only way Stillers win this game is through turnovers or a big special teams play.

Jersey1031
02-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Seattle all the way. I like how we beat the crap out of the Seahawks last year and held this years MVP to like thirty some odd yards too...

SquishDaFish
02-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Finch do you like Uconn?? LMAO

Jersey1031
02-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Finch do you like Uconn?? LMAO

Hell yea! I go to UConn man, and am a season ticket holder of Men's Basketball tix...Doesn't get better than being a Huskie if your a bball fan; Boys #1, girls #3.

mybills
02-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Yeah, what he said! :up:

tat2dmike77
02-03-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm rooting for the commercials

BAM
02-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Another reason I'm rooting for the Steelers is because I met Bill Cowher for about two years ago at a bar out near Pitts. and bought him a drink. My dad is a die-hard Steelers fan so I called him and Bill talked to him as well. He is a freekin' real cool guy in person.

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Typ0
02-03-2006, 05:13 PM

why so the Bills can become the only team that never won a superbowl?

BAM
02-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Another reason I'm rooting for Pittsburgh!

AndreReed83
02-03-2006, 05:20 PM
I like both teams and think either one could win. But, it's ridiculous how the media is acting like it's crazy to pick the Seahawks. I have to root for the Seahawks just because of all the stupid media bias and how that is affecting people's evaluation of the game.

Jeremy Stevens is 6'7" and about 250, he is NOT intimidated by Joey Porter. Despite what perennial ****tard Sean Salisbury says.

Both QB's have been great. However, between the AFC championship game and the game against the Colts, at least three of the touchdowns should have been knocked down. Meanwhile, Hasslebeck set the record for the highest QB rating in the month of December (135.0) and he has only gotten better in the playoffs.

While the Steelers have faced the tougher road to the Super Bowl, playing on the road, they have yet to face a defense even close to the Seahawks. The Steelers faced one pourus defense in the Bengals and two OKAY defenses in the Broncos and the Colts. The Seahawks faced two of the league's best defenses and handled one okay, while making the other one look silly. Plus, they beat the Colts in the regular season handily.

Shaun Alexander can do everything Willie Parker and Jerome Bettis can do. 'Nuff said.

Anywho, it just seems like all the reasons people are picking the Steelers, the Seahawks have consistently outperformed them in that area or they are completely ignoring the facts in order to make a nice story for the Steelers.

31-21 Seahawks. Hasslebeck gets the MVP.

Mr. Cynical
02-03-2006, 08:07 PM

Kerr
02-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Seahawks. I've always had a liking towards them since the days of Joey Galloway and Cortez Kennedy. I guess you could say they're my 2nd favorite team behind the Bills.

The_Philster
02-04-2006, 04:29 AM
Go Seahawks.....I hate the Steelers..some of the dumbest and most obnoxious fans around.

mybills
02-04-2006, 07:26 AM
why so the Bills can become the only team that never won a superbowl?
4 straight AFC Championships over rides that, so I'm not gonna :cry: about it.

I do think they're the better team of the two. Pitts is cocky, and will go into the game with huge egos that'll get in the way of their concentration. The media will put so much attention/pressure on Bettis (Just like they did Bruschi) and the spotlight will dim. :D

Billsrock4life
02-04-2006, 10:43 AM
i dont hate either team but im rootin 4 the steetlers i like bill cowher and i want him to get a ring

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2006, 11:21 AM
**** THE STEELERS!!!!

billsburgh
02-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Seahawks. I now hope porter blows a knee.
hey Joey Porter, STFU

billsburgh
02-04-2006, 01:22 PM
**** THE STEELERS!!!!
and all of their obnoxious fans too.

Typ0
02-04-2006, 05:18 PM
4 straight AFC Championships over rides that, so I'm not gonna :cry: about it.

My homer alarm is ringing...

BAM
02-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Way to go, Pittsburgh. :bf1:

tat2dmike77
02-06-2006, 11:47 AM
The commercials i ws rooting for didn't go so well